Free Agents 2017 edition

CommonCents

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eddie Lacy walks into the Seahawks facility at 267 lbs. Still gets signed.

yeah I just made a post about that. I mean seriously? dude's only 5'11". not 6'4". Hawks are desperate at RB. Seems like Carroll doesn't trust his scouts to find them a RB in later rounds. He keeps trading for or bringing in RBs from other teams.

yeah I just made a post about that. I mean seriously? dude's only 5'11". not 6'4". Hawks are desperate at RB. Seems like Carroll doesn't trust his scouts to find them a RB in later rounds. He keeps trading for or bringing in RBs from other teams.

They just want a punishing runner that fits their system.

Most teams are going with bigger backs........it's not a new trend........defenses have gotten smaller......it's gotten harder to get around the edge and make plays along the sideline in the run game.......... so offenses use power backs to wear those smaller defenses down.

He's maybe the league's best KOR guy with great size and potential upside as a vertical threat........and most importantly.......the Bills have just one WR on their roster that would even make most teams.

He'd have to be CHEAP.......but he'd have been nice to have on this roster with it's razor thin WR corps.

So you believe that there are some teams out there that Watkins wouldn't make?

Or did your hyperbole get away from you there?

So he would make most teams.

Which teams wouldn't he make?

It's ok to admit it.

The 2016 All-Pro team?

Stay on point Miner.........there is one good WR on this team......the rest wouldn't make most teams......literacy.....get some. :thumbsup:

The last time they were this thin at WR was Chan year 1.

I guess it depends on how you see the two. I think Rex has been the best RB on the Bengals roster since he joined it. Criminally underrated.

I also don't think the sun shines out of McCaffrey's backside. I know you differ on that assessment but I think they are slightly different variations on the same theme. Rex might not have the long speed but he's one shifty dude and he's a little thicker/stronger which I prefer in a 3rd down back for pass pro.

he may be thicker but McC is shiftier and accounted for 300 yds a game his junior yr. I like Burkhead but he was nowhere near the prospect McCaffrey is.

just don't ask him to bench press ;)

lol true, he gets stronger and he will be even harder stop in the NFL

Eddie Lacy walks into the Seahawks facility at 267 lbs. Still gets signed.

WOW !! For Real !? is he switching to FB ?

If the Jets don't land Dont'a Hightower it won't be for lack of trying. I'm convinced they have far and away the most money on the table

He'd be an idiot to sign there, that team is in shambles

Hightower expected to make a decision today, that's from Mike Giardi of CSN. Pats/Jets most likely destinations.

Butler is 95 percent out of NE, the team and Butler camp has a major rift inbetween them after failed negotiations and the Gilmore signing. He expects Butler to get traded to NO so the Pats can avoid him going to Houston.

I want Hightower to go to Jets, but he won't.

Butler is gone. It's Gilmore's world now.

I was hoping the Pats would over pay Hightower but it seems they won't, I now prefer him to go anywhere but NE. This Gilmore/Butler thing has the potential to be a huge misstep, I'm hoping Butler ends up in Houston. From what Giardi was saying...it sounds like the Pats will trade him to NO so he is out of the conference and playing against Evans, Julio, Benjamin X 6 games a year. I wouldn't put it past them to take a little less than they normally would in return.

The 2016 All-Pro team?

Stay on point Miner.........there is one good WR on this team......the rest wouldn't make most teams......literacy.....get some. :thumbsup:

The last time they were this thin at WR was Chan year 1.

Just can't do it can you.

OK so I will just throw this out there

Patterson has been very underwhelming given where he was drafted as a WR

A excellent ST returner though

I would rather have Brandon Tate than patterson. They are both equally good as KO returners and Tate is a better receiver.

Patterson will never see the second year of his contract with the raiders. He is not good. Even as a KO returner, I feel like his stats are inflated because he always has like one super long TD return every year; just seems to run in a straight line.