Free Agents 2017 edition

CommonCents

This is more than simply filling a need for me; this is personal.

I've been a Dumervil guy since his junior season at Louisville, and I fought the masses that said he was too small to be a good pass rusher in the NFL (despite 20 sacks as a senior). I watched Buffalo pass on him for Whitner...then for McCargo...then for Ashton Youboty...then for Ko Simpson...then Denver took him 2 picks later.

When Denver hosed up his restructure and he became a FA, I wanted Buffalo to pounce.

I am Hemingway's Old Man, and Dumervil is the Marlin.

I'll let you have him then. Testament to him that every midget pass rusher gets his comp, changed the rules. Victor Ochi and Ejuan Price got the label, the man is revolutionary.

Edited by Blokestradamus

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jason Cole‏ @JasonColeBR

#Bears talks with CB Stephon Gilmore evidently not going that well for the moment. Team is calling agents for other CBs right now.[/quoteear

Gilmore wants far more than he is worth

I'm not going to lie, I would be pretty happy if he found out the market isn't going to pay him what we wants and he came crawling back at a lower number.

Way to pick out 2 of the top 10. Look at the rest of the QBs in the top 10 and then look at the QBs in the bottom 10. Say what you like, but the skins had issues in the red zone this year and cousins was part of the problem. He had a great season and is a good QB. I'm just not sure I'd want to pay him what he's looking for. Seems like the people that know him best feel the same way. It's not as if Daniel Snyder is afraid to throw money around. It's that the coach isn't yet sold.

Or maybe 20% of the QBs proving the point incorrect means it's not that correlated.

With Ritchie and Miller at G and huge holes at OLB, WR, CB and questions at S and OT, , and a huge number of FAs and limited cap space. , why are we signing up backup guard to a 3 year deal? Shine this turd.........

Well, Vlad did play under Castillo, so maybe he sees something there that none of us do. The back-up G is a need and he can swing out to Tackle as well. I'm not in love with the pick-up by any means, but I do see some logic in it

Well, Vlad did play under Castillo, so maybe he sees something there that none of us do. The back-up G is a need and he can swing out to Tackle as well. I'm not in love with the pick-up by any means, but I do see some logic in it

Please tell me how much OT he's played. The backup G spot is not a need with Groy signed. To project him at RT, a guy who has bounced around and never started a full season, at 29 he's going to bloom in a starting RT. This signing is bottom the barrel desperation. I had more faith in Chris Williams, that is saying about zero.

Edited by billsfan714

Please tell me how much OT he's played. The backup G spot is not a need with Groy signed. To project him at RT, a guy who has bounced around and never started a full season, at 29 he's going to bloom in a starting RT. This signing is bottom the barrel desperation. I had more faith in Chris Williams, that is saying about zero.

Ducasse is clearly a depth signing, and he's a veteran, which from a back-up perspective we have very little of.

It's not a thrilling move, but it makes sense.

Ducasse is clearly a depth signing, and he's a veteran, which from a back-up perspective we have very little of.

It's not a thrilling move, but it makes sense.

I was someone who thought Ducasse sucked on the Jets. And was a disappointment. Certain guys are better or worse in certain systems. It's impossible to imagine this signing without Castillo, who is mostly universally approved, saying this guy can really help us as a versatile backup and maybe sometimes starter.

I'm not willing at all to say this is a good signing. I haven't seen him play (or noticed) in a couple years. But these kind of veteran backups when your position coach had direct experience with a guy I do like. Let's just hope Castillo knows talent when he sees it.

A guy who on game day, as a backup, can play G or T is actually a valuable player.