Free Agents 2017 edition

CommonCents

Washington Post reporting an interest in Marquise Goodwin for the Redskins to replace DeSean.

A second contract has been a dream of his......

....since last August.

I suspect he'd be willing to spread his base salaries out nice and thin in exchange for some guaranteed $. :devil:

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure his overall passing numbers were great, but did you happen to look at how he fared in the red zone, which is what matters most imo. The skins were 3rd worst in the league in red zone rd% trailing only the jets and the Texans....2 teams with horrible QBs. They scored tds on 45%. The top 10 teams were all above 64%.

Good news for us is we were #7 in red zone TD % so we have this QB thing figured out. Same with SF who was #2.

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/red-zone-scoring-pct

Good news for us is we were #7 in red zone TD % so we have this QB thing figured out. Same with SF who was #2.

I was going to say the exact same thing. We're awesome offensively in the red zone due in large part to the effectiveness of our run game and TT's ability to run it in. But when i argue that for TT and our offense people instead point to passing yards as the metric of success. Nothing against New Era's post just frustrating is all.

Way to pick out 2 of the top 10. Look at the rest of the QBs in the top 10 and then look at the QBs in the bottom 10. Say what you like, but the skins had issues in the red zone this year and cousins was part of the problem. He had a great season and is a good QB. I'm just not sure I'd want to pay him what he's looking for. Seems like the people that know him best feel the same way. It's not as if Daniel Snyder is afraid to throw money around. It's that the coach isn't yet sold.

I hope we go after players that wont count against the comp pick formula. Gilmore, woods, and goodwin already drawing interest. If we lose zb and lorax we could be looking at a bunch of good comp picks next year.

I hope we go after players that wont count against the comp pick formula. Gilmore, woods, and goodwin already drawing interest. If we lose zb and lorax we could be looking at a bunch of good comp picks next year.

Just so people don't get too happy about Lorenzo if he signs elsewhere for solid money, he's limited to a 5th rounder due to age/experience. Same way the Pats would be if they lose Alan Branch this year.

Just so people don't get too happy about Lorenzo if he signs elsewhere for solid money, he's limited to a 5th rounder due to age/experience. Same way the Pats would be if they lose Alan Branch this year.

ya i kinda want to keep lorax anyway for depth but a fifth rounder aint to bad either

ya i kinda want to keep lorax anyway for depth but a fifth rounder aint to bad either

I'm intrigued by him as a SAM linebacker, to be honest. I don't think he's that good of a pass rusher, best quality is his ability to set the edge. Hasn't looked too awful on coverage drops but I can't say how much time he's put into developing that area of his game.

I really hope someone breaks the bank for him though. Heck of a dude, he deserves that payday.

They can't seriously consider that unless they have someone (i.e. Trubisky) that they LOVE at the top of the draft.

what about manti teo as depth for will? I am bouncing it around in my head. I'd consider bringing him in.

what about manti teo as depth for will? I am bouncing it around in my head. I'd consider bringing him in.

I was never a Te'o guy, so that's a no for me.

For LB's, I'm more interested in some of the sub-package coverage guys that will be available on day 3 of the draft. Guys like Duke Riley, Jayon Brown, and Kevin Davis