My sources- Lesean McCoy will no longer be a Buffalo Bill

I agree with all that. In the offseason I badgered Clemson for not taking care of the shoulder. Looking back at it though, I'm sure Lawson is fine with playing through it and getting drafted where he did.

That's the point I was trying to make originally with Badol's shoulder comments. It sounded as if he was surprised by it.

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, don't have time to read all 15 pages...so apologize if this was already asked and answered.

How much do we save if we cut him? Doesn't seem like much which then makes me wonder why we would cut a guy as talented as him if it doesn't save us money.

$6.25 if he's designated a June 1st cut, according to Jay Skurski in his article from 2/17.

Guys, I am not doubting that. They guy wore a shoulder brace all year and toughed it out so he wouldn't miss the post season. It was public knowledge he had a bad shoulder and played that way all year. Don't shoot the messenger, I'm just sayin.

if Shaq's shoulder issue was common knowledge before the draft, why was there zero mention of it in any of the pre-draft write-ups?

I don't believe anything I read without the Moran guarantee.

FWIW........Moran was absolutely correct.

The border agent that cuffed Shawne Merriman has had season tix with his brothers since the 1970's..........I tailgate with him weekly when he's not on duty, as have many long time TBD/TSW folks, for 20 years........any and all are welcome to stop by during the season and ask him about it.

Their objective at the border isn't processing people for personal stashes. That's a lot of paperwork for a small personal issue.

$6.25 if he's designated a June 1st cut, according to Jay Skurski in his article from 2/17.

Edited

Yeah, that's a misrepresentation. His dead cap is 7.8M no matter what...

This comes from his ~13M signing bonus, of which there is 3 years at ~2.6M left in amortized cap hits...The only way the Bills could get out of that cap hit was if they could nullify some of his signing bonus (basically he has to kill someone). Cutting the best player on the team, when you've already paid for a good portion of his contract, makes little sense.

You are throwing out 7.875M of money already paid to McCoy. You'd be saving his 6.25M salary+bonus this year...but you'd be dumping that ~8M in the garbage...Not to mention losing one of the best offensive players in the league..."Savings".

Edited by Turbosrrgood

FWIW........Moran was absolutely correct.

The border agent that cuffed Shawne Merriman has had season tix with his brothers since the 1970's..........I tailgate with him weekly when he's not on duty, as have many long time TBD/TSW folks, for 20 years........any and all are welcome to stop by during the season and ask him about it.

Their objective at the border isn't processing people for personal stashes. That's a lot of paperwork for a small personal issue.

Hmmm. I guess I'll take your word for it.

That would also explain why Moran's daughter is still alive. I think we can call this case closed.

No it wasn't, maybe cause I'm a Nole fan and follow the ACC more closely but it was an issue that had to be addressed after the season by surgery. It wasn't really a secret, that's why I wasn't really shocked when Schefter reported it. My thought was the guy was a beast with one wing, how good could he be with two.

Yes, the "acute" knee injury received more coverage because it had the potential to keep him out of or severely limit his play in the biggest game of the year.

As opposed to the "chronic" shoulder injury he had played with since his freshman year that people knew also knew about but didn't pay as much attention to because it hadn't impacted his play on any great degree as his performance proved.

The "I knew he had a shoulder injury crowd" did not know it required surgery.

The severity of it became an issue at the combine.

Not all lingering injuries require surgery.........see Thurman Thomas knee injury coming out of Oklahoma State for an example.......NEVER had surgery to repair the torn ligament.

The point is that the story blew up later and Whaley had even denied it needed surgery so clearly they weren't certain of the extent......otherwise they wouldn't have let him re-injure it in practice before surgery.

Ok, don't have time to read all 15 pages...so apologize if this was already asked and answered.

How much do we save if we cut him? Doesn't seem like much which then makes me wonder why we would cut a guy as talented as him if it doesn't save us money.

even if it did save us money...why do some want to get rid of our best offensive player?

Hmmm. I guess I'll take your word for it.

That would also explain why Moran's daughter is still alive. I think we can call this case closed.

I heard Merriman switches the address positions on his mail so he doesn't have to pay for postage........you and Jonathon Silverman should get on that. :thumbsup:

even if it did save us money...why do some want to get rid of our best offensive player?

You are throwing out 7.875M of money already paid to McCoy. You'd be saving his 6.25M salary+bonus this year...but you'd be dumping that ~8M in the garbage...Not to mention losing one of the best offensive players in the league..."Savings"

Edited by Turbosrrgood

The "I knew he had a shoulder injury crowd" did not know it required surgery.

The severity of it became an issue at the combine.

Not all lingering injuries require surgery.........see Thurman Thomas knee injury coming out of Oklahoma State for an example.......NEVER had surgery to repair the torn ligament.

The point is that the story blew up later and Whaley had even denied it needed surgery so clearly they weren't certain of the extent......otherwise they wouldn't have let him re-injure it in practice before surgery.

Right. I think Jacksonville was the first team to red flag him at the combine. Whaley continued to assure fans that Lawson was fine to play after the selection was made. From a far it looks like Lawson made a wise decision to hold off on the surgery because he slotted nicely for a guy with his talent level and a bum shoulder.

How does retaining TT but releasing Shady support a total rebuild? Please provide me with the inside scoop from all your "sources"

The total rebuild stuff is nonsense.

Competent organizations can retool on the go and you'd have to assume that Whaley and McDermott consider themselves competent, regardless of what anyone else thinks.

Competent organizations can retool on the go and you'd have to assume that Whaley and McDermott consider themselves competent, regardless of what anyone else thinks.

Whaley has been deathly afraid of picking another QB and having it not work, I doubt he's that confident in himself.

If you had to pick one because of the ramifications for the cap, who would you take: McCoy or Alshon Jeffrey? Just throwing it out there.

And for what it's worth, Yolo and CB26 don't make it a point to post links to articles already posted on the main board at TBD. That would be redundant. They post links to stuff that hasn't been pinned to the main board.

That was classic Moran. But the boarder agent intrigue was spell binding.

You are essentially wrong. Yoyo and 26BF very often link stories from the front page that they feel will generate clicks and discussion.

And a lot of people that come here ASSUME that is going to be the case so they bypass the front......assuming that they are getting the unfiltered news right here on TSW.

But they kinda' bit hard on the Shady takes........so even a hushed whisper that I might have been right would be soul crushing to them........so they didn't link it for discussion even though they knew it would heat up like this thread did.

Hence the stunned outrage and denials weeks later about cap savings etc. by those that come here assuming that their assigned linksters are on top of the game.

And btw......the twin bro of the border agent that intrigues you so much sits in one of the bank boxes near Pegula's at midfield every week.......perhaps you know him and have met his brother and didn't know it all this time. :beer:

Edited by #BADOL