My sources- Lesean McCoy will no longer be a Buffalo Bill

How is this team ever be a winner if they continue to do stupid stuff like this? You look at this team. McCoy was the only true weapon. You cut the only weapon you have, then you are just cheating your fan base. If it happens, then I am officially call for the firing of Doug Whaley.

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. Just....wow. By FAR, our best player on the field, earned EVERY SINGLE PENNY of that contract, and we're going to cut him? That would be just about the Billsiest thing we've ever done. I've read all of your reasons for cutting LeShady, and I don't understand any of them. They're right up there with cutting Tyrod, because we've somehow convinced ourselves he's not worth middle-of-the-road QB money? I don't get any of it. If both these come to pass, and LeShady and Tyrod are both cut, the Bills are 4-12 next year, at best. Chew on that a while.

Some fans are just eager to blow everything up. They also hate for the team to spend any money. In these people's minds, it is best to only sign players to the minimum, like the Patriots. But yet, they hate their only players because they are not Thurman, Reed, or Kelly. You ask any Eagles fan how they feel about McCoy, it is overwhelming that everyone in Philly wants him back. But yet, some Bills fans want him off this team because of $5M. I call this the loser syndrome and most of our fanswer have it because of what happened in the last 17 years. It can't be cured unless the Bills start winning.

This is what someone I know in the organization said too. They are a player - that's all I'll say. They are considering trading Watkins too. There is an internal struggle going on: total rebuild or making one last run with these players.

No decision has been made yet though. But trading Watkins and shady is on the table according to one of our players.

The only thing dumber than getting rid of shady would be trading Watkins. Why would a rebuild involve getting rid of your most talented player who is 23 years old?

Yeah, let's trade Watkins coming off foot surgery so we can get the least amount of value possible... After what Doug gave up to get him, there is no way that we trade him without moving on from Whaley.

How is this team ever be a winner if they continue to do stupid stuff like this? You look at this team. McCoy was the only true weapon. You cut the only weapon you have, then you are just cheating your fan base. If it happens, then I am officially call for the firing of Doug Whaley.

You are getting trolled. This thread needs to be closed b.c a lot of people here don't know this is fake.

Whaley gave the eagles crap( Busted up Kiko ) he was a genius in that trade. Why cut a playmaker when you can cut both Kyle Williams and Eric woods saving us close to 14 mill in cap space

i dont understand why people want to cut our good players. We can cut graham, carpenter, easley, and lewis and almost free up 10 mil. Instead of cutting our best players we can restructure 4-5 of them to free up another 5 mil giving us almost 40 mil in cap room. Why do we want to have 70 mil in cap room but no good players

You are getting trolled. This thread needs to be closed b.c a lot of people here don't know this is fake.

People lie here all the time about having "sources," when they just regurgitated up something they saw on twitter. Sometimes it still results in good discussion however.

Can someone explain to me the psychology behind posting fake information? It seems to be a "thing" going on in society these days - people seem to delight over lying to large groups of people for no real reason. As a casual student of human behavior, I'm wondering why folks get off on doing that type of thing - where's the thrill in it? Is it just the fleeting sensation of power over a bunch of strangers, watching them react to something false that you created? It strikes me as sick, but the sickness appears to be contagious in our time...

Edited by Coach Tuesday

Can someone explain to me the psychology behind posting fake information? It seems to be a "thing" going on in society these days - people seem to delight over lying to large groups of people for no real reason. As a casual student of human behavior, I'm wondering why folks get off on doing that type of thing - where's the thrill in it? Is it just the fleeting sensation of power over a bunch of strangers, watching them react to something false that you created? It strikes me as sick, but the sickness appears to be contagious in our time...

It's the sense of power knowing you can send large numbers of people into a tailspin with one fake post.

Bills fans are the easiest to troll because we expect bad things to happen. In fact bad news threads are usually two or three times longer than good news threads. That says something.

those 8 wins. woohoo!

i'm not convinced a cheap rookie wouldn't have done much worse.

Fun fact: you have to win 8 before you can win more than 8.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Have we cut Shady yet? Is Tashard Choice still available?

is reggie bush still on teh roster? i'm hereby starting a new fake news that Reggie Bush is the starting RB for the buffalo bills 2017 team. id be much obliged if you would all help me spread this

is reggie bush still on teh roster? i'm hereby starting a new fake news that Reggie Bush is the starting RB for the buffalo bills 2017 team. id be much obliged if you would all help me spread this

He's looking to double his rushing output from the 2016 season. An incentive based contract with $500 for every yard over -6 for the 2017 season would make both sides happy.

Nice signing DW

https://twitter.com/search?q=lesean%20mccoy&src=typd

dumbass iggle fans flipping out thinking they can get him, jackson and some other has-been back.

honestly, i'd not give a **** if we cut him. he's not that important to the team that runs 100000000 times a game. not worth the money we reneged him at, not worth the trade.

Ok...

It's a combination of advanced social media technology and the hold it has over almost all of society, not just younger people. Everyone besides the few people who inherently either dislike the premise of social media and/or subconsciously recognized it's danger. I think social media filled a subconscious need most people have for attention/to be recognized/to feel important.

The ones who actively post inaccurate information are the ones who most need this external reinforcement that they matter. People who don't have this need--at least one so powerful that they make up and spread false info--are comfortable with who they are and also have a passion/sense of purpose in their lives. Attention from others isn't a primary concern for them.

Very frustrating, I agree.

i dont understand why people want to cut our good players. We can cut graham, carpenter, easley, and lewis and almost free up 10 mil. Instead of cutting our best players we can restructure 4-5 of them to free up another 5 mil giving us almost 40 mil in cap room. Why do we want to have 70 mil in cap room but no good players

It isn't that easy. You cut Graham, Carpenter, Easley and Lewis (Patrick Lewis, right?) and you only save around $7 mill and not only that but you then have to replace all of them on the roster and you end up having probably around $4 mill more free space than you would have, if that. (You don't calculate money saved against this year's cap by just subtracting the player's cap value. You have to take how much he'll be paid this year in cash, so salary and bonuses paid this year minus the dead cap value. And yeah, maybe some of that dead cap will be pushed to next year so you can count that if you want to but that part will just be dumped on 2018's cap so it's not a savings, really, just a delay. And then if that guy will have to be replaced by a guy who's not on the roster yet, you have to subtract his cap value too if you're being fully honest with yourself.)

Cutting guys like Lewis saves you almost nothing. The guy who replaces him is likely to cost nearly as much or more than he did.

You then restructure 4 - 5 of your best players and next year when you have about $61 mill in free cap space right now that goes down somewhere around $10 or $15 mill and now you're in cap trouble again next year and everything starts all over again ... you then have to cut people next year when the new systems are hopefully starting to work instead of this year when we look like we're headed for a bad year no matter what players we keep.

Whaley got us into cap trouble. And once you're in cap trouble you have to make some unpopular, unpleasant decisions because of it. Better to do so this year and start clean. McCoy specifically? Not necessarily, but if I were GM, I'd bite the bullet and make him one of the cuts, him, Gilmore and Tyrod for three. And yeah, this'll be a worse team without those three next year.

On the other hand, if I'd been GM, I wouldn't have brought in Clay at that price, Harvin at all and I wouldn't have re-negotiated Shady's contract nearly so kindly as Whaley has, so we wouldn't have been in such bad salary cap trouble as we in fact are.

Edited by Thurman#1

This is what someone I know in the organization said too. They are a player - that's all I'll say. They are considering trading Watkins too. There is an internal struggle going on: total rebuild or making one last run with these players.

No decision has been made yet though. But trading Watkins and shady is on the table according to one of our players.

From what I understand, DW and the personnel department send out daily emails to all 53 players updating them on what they're considering.

I'm sorry, major, but this sounds like bunk. Shady and Watkins both on the trading block - our only two offensive weapons? And you heard this from a player? Because players know what DW is thinking ("considering")?

None of this makes any sense.