The Media's Portrayal of Trump and His Presidency

Nanker

Trump does so well with Average Americans and Independent voters because MAGA doesn't require 100% compliance

maybe 30-40%.... 

but if you are 1% off DNC Narrative you are a "Nazi"

Look how quickly the Left turns on each other for supposed "badthink"...............they are eating themselves up.

You know what’s funny?

people credit dumb assed Donald for saying outrageous crap at “rallies” than gets in the news as being a “smart move”,

but

the Fake news is wrong for saying outrageous crap against the standup Comedian in chief.  

Be a realist and don't be be a lemming and jump off that cliff.  

All insults welcome because I’m good with it.   No skin off my nose because I think all wingers are wingnuts.   Right and Left. 

22 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

You know what’s funny?

people credit dumb assed Donald for saying outrageous crap at “rallies” than gets in the news as being a “smart move”,

but

the Fake news is wrong for saying outrageous crap against the standup Comedian in chief.  

Be a realist and don't be be a lemming and jump off that cliff.  

All insults welcome because I’m good with it.   No skin off my nose because I think all wingers are wingnuts.   Right and Left. 

Learn the difference between "then" and "than" and then use them properly rather than what you did above.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Sleepy eyes Chuck Todd????

Never heard of him till yesterday.

Watching some of his content on YouTube in response as to why the President called him that..........

Trumo is right. This person is nothing but a hateful man and Trump should fire back at that disingenuous puppet for the left.

Sleepy eyes................,LMAO.

On 3/12/2018 at 12:02 AM, njbuff said:

Sleepy eyes Chuck Todd????

Never heard of him till yesterday.

Watching some of his content on YouTube in response as to why the President called him that..........

Trumo is right. This person is nothing but a hateful man and Trump should fire back at that disingenuous puppet for the left.

Sleepy eyes................,LMAO.

another perfectly placed red herring

1 hour ago, njbuff said:

Hilarious.

I can't believe The Young Turds actually believe the stuff they say. Talk about left nut jobs.

:beer:

Though I'd add they don't believe it. They're paid to say what they say and don't bother retaining any of it, let alone researching it for themselves. If anyone doubts that, try having a conversation off air about anything they cover with Cenk or Ana... as soon as they don't have their copy to fall back on, they stammer, hem and haw and have no knowledge or understanding of the issues. 

Paid disinformation agents. Nothing more. And they LAUGH about it off air. 

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Though I'd add they don't believe it. They're paid to say what they say and don't bother retaining any of it, let alone researching it for themselves. If anyone doubts that, try having a conversation off air about anything they cover with Cenk or Ana... as soon as they don't have their copy to fall back on, they stammer, hem and haw and have no knowledge or understanding of the issues. 

If I remember correctly Ana and Cenk got destroyed in debates with Coulter and Shapiro. Correct me if I am wrong.

Just now, njbuff said:

If I remember correctly Ana and Cenk got destroyed in debates with Coulter and Shapiro. Correct me if I am wrong.

I heard about that but never watched. Would not surprise me though in the least based on the conversations I've had in the past with them. 

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I don't remember who posted it or in what thread it was in, but someone here posted a link to a debate between Cenk and Ben Shapiro a year or so ago. It was pure gold.

1 minute ago, njbuff said:

You saw it too. :beer:

8 minutes ago, B-Man said:

MOLLIE HEMINGWAY: Media Can’t Figure Out if Tillerson Proves Or Disproves Their Russia Conspiracy Theory.

Owning the Narrative is a powerful thing, but occasionally the power resides in purely opportunistic flexibility.

they are never wrong so anything they say where they are wrong (98% of the time)  they'll edit it or pretend they were never wrong

NAME THAT PARTY, SPECIAL “ALL THIS AND WORLD WAR II” EDITION:

In Sunday’s Washington Post, art critic Philip Kennicott unloaded on images of American “fascism” in a new exhibit in New York featuring photographs of the unjust internment of Japanese Americans during World War II titled “Then They Came For Me.” That’s somehow comparable to Trump if he deported “Dreamers.” That would be a “looming civic crisis.” The online headline was “If America fails its people again, what will the catastrophe look like?” In the paper, it was simply “Images that provoke deja vu.”

In his 1,571 words, Kennicott never used these words: Franklin Delano Roosevelt. Or any reference to the Democratic Party.

Meanwhile, “CNN Exploits Holocaust, Suggests ICE Agents are Nazis,” Joel Pollack writes at Big Journalism:

CNN posted a tweet to promote the article, declaring: “A Jewish woman heard an undocumented immigrant and her two daughters were on the run from ICE. Driven by thoughts of the Holocaust, she risked her own comfort to offer them shelter.”

The implication is that ICE agents are like Nazis or Gestapo secret police ready to arrest illegal aliens for legitimate reason other than their identity. Jews in Germany and in Nazi-occupied Europe were citizens of the countries where they were arrested, and where they were murdered or deported to death camps. They had not violated immigration laws or any other laws except laws preventing them from existing.

More at Red State:

I have to give CNN credit. Just when you think they’ve given it their best shot in lying, in manufacturing news, in encouraging hatred of people they don’t like, in deliberately maligning Republican office holders; when they’ve reached that pinnacle where you think, “my stars, they can’t possibly be more douchebaggy than this,” you find out, yes, they can.

Dear NBC, this is what happens when you use a Leftist website as your source..............

New: Trump-Russia, by the (misleading) numbers. http://ow.ly/Z0a830j8HIM

As the story indicates, NBC ran with information it obtained from a subsidiary of the (very Left-leaning) Center for American Progress:

NBC relied on a study by something called the Moscow Project, which is part of the lefty think tank Center for American Progress. On Thursday, the Project claimed there were “at least 70 known contacts between Trump’s team and Russia-linked operatives during the campaign and transition,” and that “in 81 percent of these cases, the House Intel committee obtained either no or partial information from the relevant Trump representative.”

As York’s report goes on to detail, the House Intelligence Committee did have information on those who had contact with Russian-linked operatives. So that 81 percent figure was just bogus.

NBC takes numbers from a left-wing think tank, runs with them as their own. They turn out to be wildly off base. —> https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/byron-york-trump-russia-by-the-misleading-numbers 

I'm sure they'll correct that soon.......:D

"Journalism is a form of activism," says Rebecca Schneid, co-editor in chief of the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School newspaper

Response from Political Editor of the (Liberal) National Journal

Journalism isn't activism; it's presenting the facts, honestly and objectively. It's this mentality that's killing trust in our profession.

Gosh wherever are young people getting the idea that journalism is also political activism?

Related image

6 hours ago, B-Man said:

Dear NBC, this is what happens when you use a Leftist website as your source..............

New: Trump-Russia, by the (misleading) numbers. http://ow.ly/Z0a830j8HIM

As the story indicates, NBC ran with information it obtained from a subsidiary of the (very Left-leaning) Center for American Progress:

NBC relied on a study by something called the Moscow Project, which is part of the lefty think tank Center for American Progress. On Thursday, the Project claimed there were “at least 70 known contacts between Trump’s team and Russia-linked operatives during the campaign and transition,” and that “in 81 percent of these cases, the House Intel committee obtained either no or partial information from the relevant Trump representative.”

As York’s report goes on to detail, the House Intelligence Committee did have information on those who had contact with Russian-linked operatives. So that 81 percent figure was just bogus.

I'm sure they'll correct that soon.......:D

Or CNN will cite the NBC report and ABC will pick it up as a confirmed story

9 hours ago, B-Man said:

"Journalism is a form of activism," says Rebecca Schneid, co-editor in chief of the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School newspaper

Response from Political Editor of the (Liberal) National Journal

Gosh wherever are young people getting the idea that journalism is also political activism?

Related image

Tweet was taken down and replaced with #FactsFirst, apparently.  :lol:

The National Correspondent for the LA Times..............

3V5UvanD_bigger.jpg Matt Pearce  ?Verified account @mattdpearce 19h19 hours ago

Journalism *is* activism in its most basic form. The entire basis for its ethical practice is the idea that a democracy requires an informed citizenry in order to function. Choosing what you want people to know is a form of activism, even if it’s not the march-and-protest kind.

"choosing what you want people to know" ............................LA Times reporter explains modern journalism quite well!

2 minutes ago, B-Man said:

The National Correspondent for the LA Times..............

"choosing what you want people to know" ............................LA Times reporter explains modern journalism quite well!

:lol:

Yeah, that guy's not helping his case at all.  I agree completely that this view of journalism as activism is bonkers.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Cugalabanza said:

:lol:

Yeah, that guy's not helping his case at all.  I agree completely that this view of journalism as activism is bonkers.

Journalism's always been like that - the people who claim a fair and impartial media exists forget that it's THE MEDIA that choose what stories are and aren't important.  Remember the Maine?

They just haven't been this obvious about it in a long time.  If ever.  I'm not sure Hearst and Pulitzer were this blatant admitting they were reporting not just facts but what to think about them.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DC Tom said:

Journalism's always been like that - the people who claim a fair and impartial media exists forget that it's THE MEDIA that choose what stories are and aren't important.  Remember the Maine?

They just haven't been this obvious about it in a long time.  If ever.  I'm not sure Hearst and Pulitzer were this blatant admitting they were reporting not just facts but what to think about them.

Fair enough.  As a practical point, people with power in journalism have always manipulated things according to their interests.

But to state that bias as what is to be understood as the ideal of journalism... that's a step further into crazy.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Well when the Washington Post has as much legitimacy as the Pravda, there's a problem.

Edited by joesixpack

Just now, Cugalabanza said:

Fair enough.  As a practical point, people with power in journalism have always manipulated things according to their interests.

But to state that bias as what is to be understood as the ideal of journalism... that's a step further into crazy.

Most definitely.

But when fighting Nazis, nothing is beyond the pale. Virtually the entire mass media thinks they're the Munich Post, about to be outlawed by Herr Goebbles.

When it comes out there Obama at heinous crimes against him that will include things as Preposterous as clubbing baby seals, throwing orphan's into a burning house, and using a coal stove his fan base will always find a reason that it's okay, much to what is happening with Trump and this new budget deal, and what will happen in every political decision. 

What are the MSM morons going to come up with next after this Storm(y) thing BLOWS over?

It's pure comedy and yet sad all in one shot how desperate they are to get Trump out of office as soon as they can, failing miserably at every turn.

9 hours ago, njbuff said:

What are the MSM morons going to come up with next after this Storm(y) thing BLOWS over?

It's pure comedy and yet sad all in one shot how desperate they are to get Trump out of office as soon as they can, failing miserably at every turn.

They've got McDougal to milk for another 3-4 weeks while we wait for the next woman Lisa Bloom paid to tell her story comes forward.

• Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

Obama's doctor appointed to head the VA network. Why is no one reporting this??.

Because the man is Trump's personal physician, and in no way affiliated with a very long military career.

He's apparently an admiral like Admiral Chelsea and "The Admiral" David Robinson.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

Obama's doctor appointed to head the VA network. Why is no one reporting this??.

Didn't you hear ?

The Lefties on Twitter are saying it's a "payoff' for giving a false, good physical report on Trump last year.......

It was too silly to repeat.......:D

• Haha (+1) 1

(questionable sources alert!) ;)

WAPO: Trump taps his doctor to replace Shulkin at VA, choosing personal chemistry over traditional qualifications.

Flashback, NYT: The Aspiring Novelist Who Became Obama’s Foreign-Policy Guru — How Ben Rhodes rewrote the rules of diplomacy for the digital age.

It’s almost as though there’s one set of standards for inexperienced Republican appointees, and a completely different set for Democrats.