Bills look more likely to keep TT - working on restructure

YoloinOhio

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder who is giving Rapaport the info. Taylor's agent?

I hope that if this is true there is a QB drafted in the first 2 rounds by this team.

I'd rather they wait till 2018 draft where the QB pool is reported to be a better one....they did the same thing when drafting some other QB's like EJ...EJ was drafted in a year that the QB pool was reported as weak..the next year both Teddy Bridgewater and Derek Carr could have been had in the 1st and Jimmy Garoppolo we could have taken in the 2nd...the Bills did the same thing in an earlier draft, cant remember if it was the Losman or Edwards draft, but they took a QB then the next draft better QB options where there...most teams don't draft a QB in round 1 then turn around and grab another the next year...

I won't kill them but it's such a Bills move. Draft 2 young guys and have them and Jones and an old vet nettle it out. Taylor is spinning your wheels. He's not the worst starting qb in the league but he's just meh with big play potential. We are winning 6-8 games no matter who the qb is.

Get a guy who can be a real legit qb or hope you go 2-14 and draft a guy next year (Rosen has just been hurt, he's legit).

I won't kill them but it's such a Bills move. Draft 2 young guys and have them and Jones and an old vet nettle it out. Taylor is spinning your wheels. He's not the worst starting qb in the league but he's just meh with big play potential. We are winning 6-8 games no matter who the qb is.

Get a guy who can be a real legit qb or hope you go 2-14 and draft a guy next year (Rosen has just been hurt, he's legit).

The Bills move would be what they have already done before: Flush any veteran talent from your team before you have their replacement ready, and throw rookies and new Free Agents into the fire with little to no development.

Cutting Taylor and trying to roll with rookies/FA is exactly what happened when we cut Fitz, HAD to draft a QB, and then HAD to start him before he was ready. Doing it again is spinning your wheels and not learning from mistakes.

Keep Taylor, STILL DRAFT a QB, and develop that rookie and Jones while Taylor holds down the fort. Develop your young QBs and your offensive system without being FORCED to do anything.

Looks like they're restructuring his deal. Have been working on it the past few days. Per BF Insiders.

https://twitter.com/bf_insiders/status/834051007223123968

That's not what they said. At all.

BF Insiders @BF_Insiders

Just got word that Tyrod Taylor's agent has been meeting with #Bills front office for a few days now. Could be working on restructure.

Edited by FireChan

Taylor is less expensive than many free agent possibilities. Keeping him doesn't stop you from drafting more QBs.

That's not what they said. At all.

BF Insiders ‏@BF_Insiders

Just got word that Tyrod Taylor's agent has been meeting with #Bills front office for a few days now. Could be working on restructure.

Yeah, that's why I said "looks like" they're restructuring his deal. Why else would he be meeting with the Bills front office "for a few days now"?

Edited by Johnny Hammersticks

The Bills move would be what they have already done before: Flush any veteran talent from your team before you have their replacement ready, and throw rookies and new Free Agents into the fire with little to no development.

Cutting Taylor and trying to roll with rookies/FA is exactly what happened when we cut Fitz, HAD to draft a QB, and then HAD to start him before he was ready. Doing it again is spinning your wheels and not learning from mistakes.

Keep Taylor, STILL DRAFT a QB, and develop that rookie and Jones while Taylor holds down the fort. Develop your young QBs and your offensive system without being FORCED to do anything.

The Bills won the same amount of games the first year with EJ than they did the previous year with Fitz. They scored 5 less points.

I'm for keeping Gilmore and most of our FAs. I don't see there being a huge drop off between Taylor and a young qb. And if there is, good. Much better to go 2-14 than 7-9 again.

Dooomed, hope the restructure will allow us to walk away if he regresses again.

I think that a restructure is probably moving money into the 1st 2 years of the deal. I am actually changing my tune a little on what I think that I thought. Here is what I am thinking it will look like 4 years $80M (this number is totally meaningless), $32M guaranteed with $28M guaranteed in the 1st 2 years. It will be a sliding scale too. Something like this: $8M signing bonus ($2M cap hit in each of the 4 years), $10M salary year one (fully guaranteed), $8M roster bonus in year one and $6M of his year 2 salary guaranteed.

The Bills won the same amount of games the first year with EJ than they did the previous year with Fitz. They scored 5 less points.

I'm for keeping Gilmore and most of our FAs. I don't see there being a huge drop off between Taylor and a young qb. And if there is, good. Much better to go 2-14 than 7-9 again.

The Bills won 4 games with EJ in his rookie year.

EJM has won 6 games in his career.