Bills look more likely to keep TT - working on restructure

YoloinOhio

This is actual news, so of course no one is commenting on it. Thanks Yolo

another poster gave it its own thread so we will see if it plays out ... interesting as I don't see how he would have posted it if it wasn't true. Twitter bio says he's a financial planner for pro athletes and based out od WNY and Beverly Hills.

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keeping Tyrod makes some sense, but I worry that the team will go back to "not needing" a real prospect at QB and ignoring the need to address the position in any meaningful way.

I would keep Tyrod and still take the best QB I can early in the draft.

I would be really against that and I am pro Tyrod.

Even if Tyrod stays I feel that a qb needs to be drafted in the 1st 2 rounds.......and probably draft more then one in this draft (taking one in the later rounds)

Its not about immediately replacing TT.....it is about stocking the team with guys that can actually play the position.....if Tyrod improves? You have a tradeable asset either in TT himself or in the qb you have drafted. It IS the most important postion on the team.

It's a safe assumption, but not a guarantee. Please keep in mind the person to whom the comment was directed. You can state a widely held conclusion (x is a bad player) and he will take the opposite stance just to try and waste your time making you prove something that is obvious.

Given some time to think about it the right thing to do would be to acknowedge FC's position.

This all got started over a debate on whether our D would improve when going back to a 4/3 scheme.......I felt that it would and FC said the talent was not as good as back in the days of the top 5 defense.

I said it was....FC threw out Mario WIlliams

It is NOT fair to assume Shaq Lawson will have a 14 sack season....that really is a phenominal stat that we got out of a Mario Williams still in his prime and giving a crap.....if we got a 10 sack season out of Shaq Lawson that would actually be a excellent season for him. I do feel that Shaq is a player that can do everything well (run stop....some coverage responsibilities) the offseason has not played out but Z. Brown is a better coverage LB then anything we had on those top 5 D teams.....Hughes if he can be reigned in from his stupid penalties could easily have a double sack number season......

HOWEVER

I am also not maintaining that this team does not need to get back to a top 5 D this next season to get this team to the playoffs...lets keep in mind that it dropped off into the TWENTIES.....they couldnt stop the run....gave up 200 yard rushers.....allowed over 20 points a game.....didnt create turnovers....etc etc etc

The OVERALL talent of the team has not dropped off that far off from the top 5 D......we still for the moment have our dominating interior d linemen.....

A improvement of 10 spots on D would show a big difference in my opinion....especially if they didnt get chewed up in the ground game.

I would be really against that and I am pro Tyrod.

Even if Tyrod stays I feel that a qb needs to be drafted in the 1st 2 rounds.......and probably draft more then one in this draft (taking one in the later rounds)

Its not about immediately replacing TT.....it is about stocking the team with guys that can actually play the position.....if Tyrod improves? You have a tradeable asset either in TT himself or in the qb you have drafted. It IS the most important postion on the team.

I wouldn't mind grabbing a QB early but it isn't urgent to me. If they extended TT then they have this draft and next year to find their guy. With none of the guys this year being very highly touted this buys some time if their isn't someone there that the team loves.

I wouldn't mind grabbing a QB early but it isn't urgent to me. If they extended TT then they have this draft and next year to find their guy. With none of the guys this year being very highly touted this buys some time if their isn't someone there that the team loves.

You excited for some hot 7-9 action this year?

I sure am!

:lol:

You excited for some hot 7-9 action this year?

I sure am!

:lol:

Why is Rex and his "defense" back?

I'm excited to watch TT play QB this year. I don't care if I'm all alone on the bus. I can't wrap my head around the idea that after 2 years starting he has reached his ceiling, especially since the last time we saw him on the field he was setting franchise records.

If the d improves I think we can improve upon that

The O is not the reason we only had 7 wins

Next year

Tyrod vs Broncos = pantsed

Tyrod vs Brady 2x = double pantsed

Tyrod vs Brees = pantsed

Tyrod vs Jameis = pantsed

Tyrod vs Carr = uber pantsed

Tyrod vs Matt Ryan = uber pantsed

Tyrod vs Cam Newton = pantsed

Doesn't look good. Hope Tannenhill and "qb x" for Gang Green don't join in as well.

Next year

Tyrod vs Broncos = pantsed

Tyrod vs Brady 2x = double pantsed

Tyrod vs Brees = pantsed

Tyrod vs Jameis = pantsed

Tyrod vs Carr = uber pantsed

Tyrod vs Matt Ryan = uber pantsed

Tyrod vs Cam Newton = pantsed

Doesn't look good. Hope Tannenhill and "qb x" for Gang Green don't join in as well.

Fortunately, we have a HC who has schemed against all of our NFC opponents. Certainly not guaranteed wins, but it should be an edge.