You Are Tom Donahoe

Astrobot

these guys left on it.

Which one do you pick and why?

(names are from DraftGurus.com mock draft)

Assume you've made the TH for LJ Shelton trade.

You are on the clock.

Ernest Shazor* S, Michigan

Chris Henry* WR, West Virginia

Barrett Ruud LB, Nebraska

Mike Patterson DT, USC

Bill Swancutt DE, Oregon State

Eric Green* CB, Virginia Tech

Roscoe Parrish* WR, Miami

Kevin Burnett LB, Tennessee

Jason Campbell QB, Auburn

Fred Gibson WR, Georgia

Josh Bullocks* S, Nebraska

David Baas C, Michigan

I'd be tempted to take Baas. I'd have some options for Teague, Price, Tucker and company. My second choice would be Patterson. He was pretty dominant in the Nat Championship and needed 2 on 1 the whole game. If PW is history, I think Patterson would make me forget him pretty quick.

Roscoe...so we can call him Roscoe P. Coltrain. Hey, don;t we have a poster that goes by that.

I draft soley on name value. Peerless was sweet. Too bad he was shite. Mortified when we drafted a guy name LOSE-man (but I hope he's good!)

256182[/snapback]

Is "Pyle" an alternative spelling? :doh:

I would go with baas but he likely wont be available my next choice is Chris Henry. I am from rochester but go to WVU Henry would be a mid first round pick if it wasnt for his attitude he would give JP a big target to throw to and he also posses speed. I beleive his attitude will change once he gets to the NFL and he will be an excellent WR. Moulds, Evans, and Henry would be a great WR group.

Too much bad karma with this guy.  The Bills drafted his father Tom, in the first round back in the 70's. He was a bust! :doh:

256236[/snapback]

Didn't we get him with a two-fer with his collegehottubbuddy Nelson?

I think Nelson went to the Raidahs and actually played for several years.

It would be a pretty easy choice for me. Baas is a relatively safe pick at a position of need who should, at the least, become an above average OG starter.

If he's gone, its a lot tougher. Kevin Burnett would probably be my number two choice, but I'd also be very tempted to select Chris Henry. Henry is one of those players who will probably be either great or terrible and nothing in between, but late in R2 is a place where you can afford to take a risk on a boom-or-bust prospect. Eric Green would also be an option, though I think we're OK at CB for now.

I agree with you. Either Baas or Patterson. We need help on the offensive side more than the defense, so i would lean toward Baas. Especially if I thought that Edwards and the Anderson could fill PW's shoes at DT.

1. Kevin Burnett LB, Tennessee : If this guy falls I take him. He's a talent at LB that was converted from S. He's a scary prospect who has had a pretty rapid learning curve at Tennessee with great size and 4.6 speed.

2. Josh Bullocks* FS, Nebraska : I just love this guy but if drafted he should start because he's that good. Had 10 interceptions as a Sophmore.

3. Eric Green* CB, Virginia Tech : I really like this guy and I'd grab him if both Henry and McFadden are gone. He could start from day one and give us perhaps the best CB tandem in our conference. 6-0 with 4.43 speed.

4. Chris Henry* WR, West Virginia : A 6-4 200 but I haven't scene is 40 time. If its below 4.5 you could make me happy with this pick. The only thing that I worry about is he is a bit thin but he's been durable.

5. Ernest Shazor* SS, Michigan : I like this kid alot but haven't seen his 40 time from the combine. Great size though (6-3 225). If he had a strong (4.45-4.50) I think he would be a strong pick Henry was off the board.

6. Barrett Ruud MLB, Nebraska : I would strongly consider him as he could allow us to part ways with London Fletcher and could be an upgrade as Fletch at some point must begin aging. I'd have to his 40 time from the combine though.

7. David Baas C/G, Michigan : I like him but I believe with a first year starter at QB we must fix the OL through FA and not the draft because it's that important.

8. Fred Gibson WR, Georgia : 6-4 195 WR who I believe ran a 4.5. He's a soft player and was inconsistent in college. Not a fan.

9. Bill Swancutt DE, Oregon State : Has the size but not the speed to be a RDE which is what we need. Pass.

10. Roscoe Parrish* WR, Miami : I'm not a fan of smurf-Santana-Moss-type WRs.

11. Jason Campbell QB, Auburn : For some reason I think this guy is going to a great QB but not for the Bills.

12. Mike Patterson DT, USC : I pass on DT that are under 6-3 and this guy is 5-11. I know all the Warren Sapp arguments but....

these guys left on it.

You are on the clock.

Mike Patterson DT, USC

Fred Gibson WR, Georgia

David Baas C, Michigan

I'd be tempted to take Baas. I'd have some options for Teague, Price, Tucker and company. My second choice would be Patterson. He was pretty dominant in the Nat Championship and needed 2 on 1 the whole game. If PW is history, I think Patterson would make me forget him pretty quick.

256156[/snapback]

quote]

Agreed, Easily David Baas. You put guys in there that arent worth that high of a pick. Gibson, Parrish, Swancutt I like but should go later. Shazer would be a great grab at this spot for another team. Henry looks to go right around here but isnt my top WR in the 2nd (thats Mathis).

You left out Nugent, he may have dropped into the 3rd with his long kick problems in the combine.

these guys left on it.

You are on the clock.

Mike Patterson DT, USC

Fred Gibson WR, Georgia

David Baas C, Michigan

256156[/snapback]

Given the options, here's my top 3:

1. Baas

The interior OL needs an upgrade and he's one of the best interior OL available in the entire draft.

2. Shazor

Fantastic athlete who is very aggressive. Our secondary could really use him.

3. Burnett

Great athlete who is solid as a coverage 'backer as well as a solid pursuit player. Has some injury concerns, but seems to be fully recovered. He could become a very good NFL linebacker.

If we did not sign a FA G (which I think we will) then Baas. If my asumption is correct I'd take Patterson. He has the potential to be dominant and is a winner. The great OU line could do nothing to him in the title game.

I still think the best player for us would be Nugent...

This would solidify our Special teams for many, many years.

If nug isn't on the board, then Baas or other offensive lineman not listed would be my next choice.

Pick up WR from Hampton?, clocked an under 4.3 40 at combine and Sproles for backup to McGahee.

So we'd have a Baas and a Sam Adams on our team?

We should rename ourselves the Buffalo Beers.

256788[/snapback]

Mmmmmm...............beeeeeeeeeeer!!!!!!

I wonder if G. Host would start posting over here again if we got Baas. I realize it's not Guinness, but still...