Rex Ryan on his NFL future: "I'm tired of getting !@#&#036

YoloinOhio

I'm not bitter, but #$% those guys, and I'm not making excuses but everyone was injured. Not sure why people think it would be fun to have a beer and wings with this contradictory whiner. If I was sitting next to him in a bar, I'd want an apology for his lazily burning two years of a window that seemed to be opening, and then I'd just want him to STFU.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a loser, a wealthy loser, but still a loser. Hold yourself accountable. Your record got you fired. The team's lack of discipline with clock management. penalties and declining defense are the reason why you were canned. "You are what your record says you are" Rex you are a below .500 coach. Accept it and don't blame others. We are the ones who go fu@*ed not you

The man reversed the surgery because he had not been successful since he was over weight. if that does not tell you the mindset of the guy nothing will. He was grasping at straws, Rex is a great motivator when everyone is listening. People began to realize Rex was in over his head, and when that happened he lost important people.

Good luck Rex. I wish you the best. You tried and you failed, but you tried.

The man reversed the surgery because he had not been successful since he was over weight. if that does not tell you the mindset of the guy nothing will. He was grasping at straws, Rex is a great motivator when everyone is listening. People began to realize Rex was in over his head, and when that happened he lost important people.

Good luck Rex. I wish you the best. You tried and you failed, but you tried.

i had forgotten about the reverse lap band surgery. Egads.

Pretty shoddy as a reporting job by Mehta. Took everything at face value: that Schwartz (DC) quit (really dumb statement for Mehta to publish without qualification), that Rex was fired because he refused to sit Taylor, that "he set expectations too high" (after a 9-7 season with #4 D), that "Getting whacked after 8-8 and 7-8 seasons is ludicrous"

Um, no, Mehta, when the previous season was 9-7 and you sold yourself as the man who could bring in a competitive offense and keep or improve the already good D, it's "underachieving".

It's called "failure to meet expectations". Didn't the Broncos fire Shanahan after 7-9 and 8-8 seasons? And that's a coach who won them 2 SB.

They've been absent for a while now.... outside of Peter. This may be it for him...

After participating on this board for many, many years, I decided that I needed to take a break from participating earlier this month.

I have been around now and again to check out what people had to say about various subjects (both football and sous vide).

Yet, I decided that there really is no need for me to actively participate and express my opinions (at least) for the time being. I have different views from others and it did not seem productive for me to express my views - especially in light of certain comments etc. I found out that, it is one thing to get into a discussion about a subject, but it is another to be told that I was hijacking threads or that I needed to let it go merely because I would dare express a different view.

Some seemed to be offended that someone would dare express any opinion that is contrary to theirs or the board's collective "narrative."

This thread and some of the others are good examples of threads where I best stay out of the circle while some of you guys . . . . It has been amusing to watch each of the usual suspects take their turns in threads such as these. (Curiously, I noticed that jmc12290 stopped posting the day Rex was fired . . . interesting).

As I mentioned some time ago, I was a Bills fan (and season ticket holder) for decades preceding Rex and will be forever. I just have a different opinion from those that are the "loudest" here and in sports radio etc.

In the end, the earth continues to circle the sun, and I have been much more productive . . . .

I will be back but, for now, it just does not make sense for me to be as active here for a variety of reasons.

Go Bills!

Edited by Peter

Not a Rex fan by any stretch...but we most likely do not have a # 6 offence with either EJ or Matt Cassell at the helm... Tyrod is in Denver most likely if Rex is not here

Maybe. Or maybe not. It's really hard to tell when a player is acquired if the coach or GM had a larger hand in it.

I just don't "get it" when people are selective about which players they decide are the coach's doing and which are the GMs, because it seems reasonable to assume they both had strong input into all the decisions.

I do enjoy the multiple statements that he's not bitter about the firing yet goes on to say "F those guys" and "I don't wish them luck." What a douche.

If I'm a current player I'm glad he's gone and I agree it sounds like he knew he never had this locker room. Why else make this statement against the guys who were just putting their bodies on the line to play for him?

Edited by ndirish1978

That's revisionist history.

Atlanta didn't intentionally move away from Rex. All signs were pointing that he was the leading candidate, but when Blank's mother passed away, they put all negotiations on hold, which miffed Ryan. That's when the Bills offered him the job and he didn't want to wait a day or two to hear back from Atlanta. That's the likely genesis of the "don't let him out of the building" quote, because Bills knew that Atlanta was likely his top choice.

In retrospect, the timing of Blank's mother's death killed the Bills in the last two years.

It also got the Falcons into the SuperBowl this year. Damn coulda been us!