Dameshek: Bills could be next year's Falcons

YoloinOhio

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This...they often know less than average fans. They are not required to be knowledgeable though, just attract viewers/readers.

Marshall Faulk is a bigger thief than Rob Ryan! Well, not literally, because Rob might be the largest thief In the history of thievery. .

Meanwhile, Greg Rosenthal at NFL.com says McDermott - of the 6 new HCs - is the least likely to be successful.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000778807/article/ranking-nfl-coaching-hires-anthony-lynn-at-no-1

Few of these media guys actually know any more about the Bills than an informed fan. They're more sports entertainers than sports experts. They can write a better column than most of us, or sound more interesting on the air. But their prognostication skills are questionable.

I really hate to be too much of a homer, but this is about the silliest, least rationale take you could have, across the board. Not just the Bills "evaluation'.

Sounds like his N "If" L segment that he does.

He also left out the part that Kubiak's offense was nothing like Shanahan's.

Haha...I'm sure many Falcons fans said the same thing about Julio when he's been injured over the years...

So it follows that since they had the EXACT same injury/surgery, Watkins will essentially BE Julio Jones!

I think it six of one, half dozen of the other for that list. Each one of those teams has huge challenges. I think getting the 49ers or Rams to become winners will be harder than the Bills. Denver will be easier than the rest. San Diego has their franchise QB. Who knows about Jacksonville. I think the biggest thing holding the Bills back is Whaley.

Nonsense. To progress from being really good to great you have to have a top rated quarterback. Atlanta made that progression with Ryan, filling the holes in around him. Taylor is not a top rated quarterback and is unlikely to become one by next season. The fact he may not be retained by the Bills validates that. So fill in all the holes around TT and you'll still likely not be in the Bowl next season.

Nonsense. To progress from being really good to great you have to have a top rated quarterback. Atlanta made that progression with Ryan, filling the holes in around him. Taylor is not a top rated quarterback and is unlikely to become one by next season. The fact he may not be retained by the Bills validates that. So fill in all the holes around TT and you'll still likely not be in the Bowl next season.

If he is not retained the only thing that is vindicated are those that think Whaley is a !@#$ing idiot.

He's not a long term franchise cornerstone QB but if you give Tyrod Taylor weapons, IMO, he could produce the top NFL's ranked scoring offense.

People forget that Randall Cunningham......once the standard for mobile QB's and big armed with a nice deep ball...... was the leader of the NFL's all time highest scoring single season offense until Brady and the Pats broke that mark.

And those Vikings narrowly missed reaching the SB when upset by The Dirty Birds.......denying us a SB between 2 nearly undefeated teams in Minnesota and Denver.

So yeah......it's not that inconceivable, IMO.

Daunte Culpepper was also a big armed QB who once threw 39 TD passes in Minnesota despite not really being a whole field QB.

Taylor matches up well with big play WR talent and in combination with his great run ability and playmakers in the backfield they could potentially produce huge scoring numbers that could carry the team.

Basically, he can gash you with big plays.......which the Bills are the best in the NFL at........and he's a tough stop in the redzone as well.

We've seen glimpses of what Taylor can do when he has a full complement of quality targets........evidenced in early 2015 and again in the finale against Miami this year.

Right now the receiving corps is one or two key pieces short of this kind of opportunity, even with a healthy Sammy.

It is true to some degree. Bills fan know more about Marrone than he does. We know he is gutless and has thin skin. We know about St. Doug and poor relationship with Whaley. However we really don't have any insight into McDermott either yet. Or any of the other new coaches. We really don't even know much about Lynn as a HC.

I think we take issue with factual errors that get perpetuated at the national level but this is probably true for other markets and their loyal fan bases.

I agree. But since of us are not paid to have opinions, most of us are assessing McDermott with an open mind. We know we don't know.

But the media gurus more-or-less have to say coaching hires are either good hires or bad hires. It's boring journalism to say, "Well, I don't much about the guy so let's wait and see."

Given a decent defense, coaching and another playmaker opposite Sammy they could compete with any team in the league with Tyrod.

I wholeheartedly believe that.

In his best year, Doug Flutie went 10-5 despite throwing for barely 200 yards per game and leading an offense that only scored 20 points per game.

Under Lynn, TT produced 27 points per game - a full TD more - while passing for virtually the same yardage total as Flutie. But TT was only 8-7.

The big difference was, of course, the defense. Flutie's Bills had the best D in the NFL that year. Last year's D sucked.

TT produces similar passing stats to Flutie, better running stats, and better total offensive stats. Yet Flutie is revered by many and TT is reviled by many. I don't get it.

Edited by hondo in seattle

He's not a long term franchise cornerstone QB but if you give Tyrod Taylor weapons, IMO, he could produce the top NFL's ranked scoring offense.

People forget that Randall Cunningham......once the standard for mobile QB's and big armed with a nice deep ball...... was the leader of the NFL's all time highest scoring single season offense until Brady and the Pats broke that mark.

And those Vikings narrowly missed reaching the SB when upset by The Dirty Birds.......denying us a SB between 2 nearly undefeated teams in Minnesota and Denver.

So yeah......it's not that inconceivable, IMO.

Daunte Culpepper was also a big armed QB who once threw 39 TD passes in Minnesota despite not really being a whole field QB.

Taylor matches up well with big play WR talent and in combination with his great run ability and playmakers in the backfield they could potentially produce huge scoring numbers that could carry the team.

Basically, he can gash you with big plays.......which the Bills are the best in the NFL at........and he's a tough stop in the redzone as well.

We've seen glimpses of what Taylor can do when he has a full complement of quality targets........evidenced in early 2015 and again in the finale against Miami this year.

Right now the receiving corps is one or two key pieces short of this kind of opportunity, even with a healthy Sammy.

If the new offensive coaching staff is better at QB development that Rex's staff was, we can be a contender with TT and an upgraded WR corps that can stay healthy.

We bash guys for bashing us. We bash guys for praising us. Seventeen years of failure have made us a miserable, jaded lot.

So true!! I was thinking about it the other day as some of these guys got added to the Pro Bowl. Everywhere else they are like "that's great for so and so." We are like "he can't tackle. What a joke." We hate our own guys, even the good ones!!! Edited by Kirby Jackson

We bash guys for bashing us. We bash guys for praising us. Seventeen years of failure have made us a miserable, jaded lot.

So true!! I was thinking about it the other day as some of these guys got added to the Pro Bowl. Everywhere else they are like "that's great for so and so." We are like "he can't tackle. What a joke." We hate our own guys, even the good ones!!!

Is that so?

Really?

Because typically a check of the other teams message yields highly critical takes of often more successful teams and players.

And mind you, what you guys are bitchin about is regarding mostly a bunch of pending free agents getting "on second thought invites" following a very disappointing season.

There is typically a pattern to these where many of the invitees just happen to be coming up for free agency. :flirt:

One fan who I KNOW is jaded is Just in Atlanta.........95% of his takes are about how bad Bills fans are. :rolleyes:

Meanwhile, Greg Rosenthal at NFL.com says McDermott - of the 6 new HCs - is the least likely to be successful.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000778807/article/ranking-nfl-coaching-hires-anthony-lynn-at-no-1

Few of these media guys actually know any more about the Bills than an informed fan. They're more sports entertainers than sports experts. They can write a better column than most of us, or sound more interesting on the air. But their prognostication skills are questionable.

Hate to say it but I cannot disagree with what was said about the Bills.

Brian Hoyer or Nick Foles to the rescue bro.

Tyrod was a Rex guy not a Whaley guy so we must send him packing..

Whaley won't have final say on Taylor. When the coaches are finished breaking down all of his game tapes and get TT's input on their analysis, Whaley will be informed on which way they prefer to go.