Kelly on TBD Banner...

cage

The drought is due to the long, slow processing of emotions over the things that went the wrong way for the Bills. We hold on to the Super Bowl losses. The Music City Miracle.

We've made great progress. Marv, Bruce, Thurman, Jim and Andre remain strong in the team and city psyche despite messy exits. We've made amends with Scott Norwood, and to quite a large degree, the fan base supported Bruce DeHaven and Wade Phillips regardless of what team they were employed by after January 2000. I'd say RW is held in high esteem by the majority of the fan base.

What must occur to end the drought is Rob Johnson and Doug Flutie to lead the charge together on opening day this year.

They must do it together. Put both players on the banner.

Edited by dpberr

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

.... has anyone considered that not updating the banner at the top of TBD is what's jinxing the Bills from making playoffs and beyond? Maybe if it was updated to Sammy and Shady fortunes would change... #alwayslookahead

Yup, I can feel the playoffs coming in 2017! Just change the banner!

Flutie...

If we really want to address this curse.

Has Flutie been back since then? He's not good enough to be on the wall of fame but we should have him lead the charge or some way of honoring him so he will lift the curse

McCoy is a transient.

No way.

"Transient"?

Terrell Owens was a transient. Shady's going to be in his 3rd season of being our team's best offensive weapon. Unless we trade him for a ransom or he's injured severely - he'll be back the following year as well.

I just watched him on NFL Network being an awesome ambassador for the team. If you see him as a "transient", you just don't like the guy.

"Transient"?

Terrell Owens was a transient. Shady's going to be in his 3rd season of being our team's best offensive weapon. Unless we trade him for a ransom or he's injured severely - he'll be back the following year as well.

I just watched him on NFL Network being an awesome ambassador for the team. If you see him as a "transient", you just don't like the guy.

I doubt he finishes his career here. So why put his number up?