Marquise Goodwin: Stay or Go?

Flash Goodwin: Stay or Go?  

155 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Bills Keep Goodwin in 2017?

• Stay: He's cheap and fulfills a role
    • Go: He provides little value

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Assuming we carry 6 (1 to return) - i'd prefer we have a depth receiver who can play teams (which goodwin does not). Therefore I don't think he's needed as i wouldn't want him in my top 3. And a 4/5 guy that doesn't play teams or return punts isn't very useful.

Agreed

I'd let him go and go with Watkins, draft pick round 1 -3, Kamar Aiken, Hunter, Listenbee and Tate.

I bring up Aiken as he think he'll be a cheap alternative to Woods and has some limited experience in the Dennison/Kubiak system in Baltimore.

That's not bad.

Walter Powell has a better reception to TGT % and is cheap, runs better routes and plays teams.

Powell is interesting

Is this an off season joke? NO.

Hahaha

giphy.gif

Well played!

Yes, his willingness to get hurt and miss time has been amazing.

Yep, and then this year, a contract year,no injuries really and pay day. Similar character questions I had and have with Byrd!

He's only scratched the surface......he had the physical talent to be a very dynamic receiver....... but he made little effort until his walk year and that's because he is just in it to make a quick buck and get out so any team that gives him a deal needs to provide zero guarantees if they want to get work out of him.

It was entertaining watching him fight thru injuries that he would have tapped out and gone to IR from in past years...........the death crawl off the field after the Jets game was priceless. :lol

Agreed

No.

Great, exceptional athlete.

Mediocre football player.

I'd prefer the Bills find WRs that are good to great football players. IMO, Goodwin is not a priority.

This is what I am thinking too. Bills need an upgrade from Goodwin. Don't care if he stays if he is below #3 on depth chart. But Bills need a better starter with better ball skills and catching radius than Goodwin offers.

i really dont get the hate for a speed guy who was constantly underutilized. Tyrod didnt go deep nearly enough this year and last year he was going deep to watkins mostly, Goodwin beats coverage all game long. he isnt big enough to beat a number 1 corners press but thats why hes a great 3 or 4. You need guys like him to keep safeties deep. It opens up the other receivers whether you give him the credit or not, it does. He has shown great hands and no one here can say how well he runs routes or doesnt. The fans here arent doing iso-cams on MG after games. you dont know. I see him getting stuck with stupid comebacks that should be for a big receiver, and he still scooped many of them off the ground falling out of bounds for a first down. He has never been afraid of contact which is part of the reason he got hurt so often, unlike watkins, who gets hurt standing alone in the endzone and is so shy of contact he has run exactly 2 wr screens in 4 years in buffalo and drops many a ball thrown over the middle.

Its ok to have a 4.3 guy. If you dont remember, the year we just had donlad jones, sj, and D nelson, was so bad, we drafted, tj graham, robert woods, MG and then twatkins all to replace the speed we lost trading away Lee evans.

Again, its ok to have a speed guy people, hes 1 of 5 receivers!

Not sure how much he will help in the new offense. Does anyone have any info on how smaller, speedy receivers have been used in a Dennison/Kubiak system?

I'd keep him simply because he's fun to watch. My favourite play is the deep pass, and he's usually good for a few of those a year. His TD against the Jets may have been the highlight of the year for me.

They need to prioritize durability while resetting the WR corps. You can't keep trotting out the same 3 or 4 oft injured players and then act surprised when they are all on the shelf before week 8.

I read through all the posts and this is the perfect reply.

Winning a job in camp without getting hit hard is a risky way to set up your receivers for the year. They must be durable and tough FIRST, and then look at route running, separation etc.

This is why we'll retain Robert Woods and let Goody go elsewhere.

And draft or sign a solid WR. At this point we have to assume Sammy will play half the games in a season.

I read through all the posts and this is the perfect reply.

Winning a job in camp without getting hit hard is a risky way to set up your receivers for the year. They must be durable and tough FIRST, and then look at route running, separation etc.

This is why we'll retain Robert Woods and let Goody go elsewhere.

And draft or sign a solid WR. At this point we have to assume Sammy will play half the games in a season.

I am thinking that the situation with receivers this year and the fact that Sammy is still injured is going to push the Bills to spend that first draft spot on the best receiver in the draft assuming one of the two best guys is still there.

I would keep him if cheap. He is decent depth and provides a role. Listenbee can do a lot of the same things but it isn't like the Bills have an over-abundance of capable receivers. It is Sammy and a bunch of guys. I'd prefer a solid number 2 and then fill out the remaining spots with guys that have a useful skill set. Goodwin & Listenbee to get down the field, Hunter in the RZ and a possession type guy that can play ST too. Something like this:

Sammy

Corey Davis (as an example)

Jeremy Kerley

Goodwin

Hunter

Listenbee

Brandon Tate as the returner

(I think Dez Lewis, Powell and Easley get cut).

Good list, except I'd keep Powell over Goodwin. Powell will play for the minimum and I doubt Goodwin will. Someone is going to pay for his speed, even though he isn't worth it. He's inevitably going to get hurt. This year was an aberration.

Spend the money on bob woods and draft one of Williams/Davis, and weakness becomes a strength.

And the defense is bottom 5. 1/3 of our cap room AND our 1st rd pick spent on WR is a recipe for disaster. We have too many holes on D. Sammy is a FA after next season too