Rick Dennison new O Coord

Heitz

• Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering the Bills have finished 13th in offense in 2015 and the Broncos finished 16th, yet the Bills failed to make the playoffs and the Broncos won the SB shows the power of a great defense.

This year Buffalo finished 16th and the Broncos 27th.

One can point to the talent we had vs who Denver had. Keep in mind in 2015 Dennison was able to combine CJ Anderson and Ronnie Holman to almost 1600 rushing yards and 12 TDs. This year Anderson and Devontae Booker combined for 1050 yards and 8 TDs.

Neither are LeSean McCoy.

Their SB win derived from the offense doing just enough and not losing the game. Allowing the defense to win it for them.

Obviously McDermott is planning our defense to be that strong. Dennison should have more to work with at RB and even with TT our QB will be better than who he's had over the last two seasons.

With TT gone the QB is a wildcard. If they take Watson at 10 they are going to want him to start week one.

Bills would be better off bringing in a Romo for a year and let Watson develop.

On the surface his stats aren't impressive, but considering whose he's had to work with one could say he could do better with the players we have.

All big ifs.

We'll see.

Edited by dezertbill

Agreed. It also doesn't make sense for Whaley to be the source of the leaks, whether or not he lobbied with the Pegulas to ax Rex. He has nothing to gain and lots to lose.

Well, in that scenario Joe's co-worker, Average Bob, tweets that Joe sucks at his job and will be canned. The notion a co-worker thinks someone sucks at his job is pedestrian. Tweeting it far and wide would be juvenile, extreme, and very likely just stupid, but not impossible and the anonymity thing might embolden. Still, if Average Bob really values his job and wants to have a professional reputation, trashing Joe publicly would be just as likely to backfire in Bob's face as to get Joe sunk.

So, yeah, it's pretty loopy as well.

Per Bills Twitter:

Freak out!

Always likes that Shanahan west coast offense. Curious to see if our Lineman run the zone stretch.

Just read a couple of tweets from the Denver media, they think the Bills made a mistake as Broncos fans are happy to see him go.

Amazing how bad a coach you are when your HOF QB retires.

This kind of projection is funny to me with no idea about personnel, scheme, or what the opponents will bring to the table.

well, take a look:

2017 Buffalo Bills Opponents HOME: Miami, New England, NY Jets, Denver, Oakland, New Orleans, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis AWAY: Miami, New England, NY Jets, Kansas City, LA Chargers, Atlanta, Carolina, Cincinnati

That's no cake walk there.

Now that Whaley is in charge, I fully expect a Super Bowl run this coming season.

Oh yeah. Everyone's going to win the powerball right?

Are these US or Canadian numbers? Not sure if we have 24 or 18 FAs, and whether we'll go 4-12 with 8-8 being our best case scenario, or 3-9 with 6-6 being our best case scenario. Screw Auston Matthews. He spell his name funny. Leafs suck.

yeah there was probably a metric to imperial conversion error there. LOL

I think the team needs some stability. There's a lot to be said for stability. Take a look at Toronto Raptors. They've gone from absolute bottom to the second best in the east, without any real super star talent (super hard working players yes), and a coach who isn't a genius in ANYONE's opinion. The stability in core players and coaching staff has led to much of the success. And unlike the NBA, "team" play can still lead to championships in the NFL where you need 53 players and not just 5.

This is fair, of course. But a guy's gotta get his chance sometime. I think he's had enough time to learn.

I hope he still wants to prove something, for himself. We'll learn his motivation later on.

His link to Tyrod worries me that they're going to commit to him, and 3 more years of QB mediocracy.

True, I feel you. Jim Kelly's shadow looms large here. we'll see what this coaching staff and Doug will do. It is possible to win without a great QB. Heck if Rex's D had been half as good as his Raven's or early Jets D with the O we had the last 2 years, the results would have been different. And that's why he got fired and we all know that. Bright side is we got something to look forward to the 2018 QB draft class. I hope Bills tank this year.

well, take a look:

2017 Buffalo Bills Opponents

HOME:

Miami, New England, NY Jets, Denver, Oakland, New Orleans, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis

AWAY:

Miami, New England, NY Jets, Kansas City, LA Chargers, Atlanta, Carolina, Cincinnati

That's no cake walk there.

Sounds tough, but then again you just don't know.

In 2008 or so we opened up against Hawks fresh off an NFC Championship game and we trounced 'em with Trent at QB.

4 years ago we played Baltimore fresh off a SB victory and beat them with rookie QB EJ under center.

2 years ago we opened against Indy fresh off the AFC Championship deflate gate game and steam rolled over them.

Without a doubt the best thing about this hire is that the leaks at OBD appear to have been plugged. Can't say how happy I am to see that. Maybe they start running like a professional organization. Those of you who flipped out over Olson rumors should feel pretty silly. And we have further confirmation Vic Carucci has no idea what's going on.

I agree and thinks it not at all a coincidence it happened after it was said that Brandon wasn't going to b involved in the search process.

Edited by BigdaddyinOrlando

“Rico is a very loyal person, and he’s extremely loyal to the Denver Broncos, I can tell you that,” Kubiak said. “And he’s extremely bright — a great teacher, understands how to teach players. That’s what he is by trade. He’s a teacher.”Despite being the longest-tenured Broncos player/coach on staff (25 years!),

Dennison is a mystery, often described as a quiet genius.

owns bachelor’s and master’s degrees in civil engineering but is a football player and coach through and through.

Not sure if discussed but reported this morning that Bills are looking at KC's WR coach. Sal didn't know at the time what position it was for but I'm guessing it is a lateral move and Dorsey would be same as QB coach.

@salsports

I'm told Bills may be interviewing Chiefs WR coach David Culley. But unsure if it's for OC or another position. Was with McDermott in Philly

Be nice to have a relative on staff :)