Rick Dennison new O Coord

Heitz

• Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Must read article - really like this hire.

Obviously the Broncos struggled this year, so no surprise there are fans calling for his head. I mean, the Internet, right? :beer:

Also this:

@KevinMassare

Rick Dennison finished top half of the league in offense in 7/9 years, including 5 top 11 finishes.

Uh oh.

That sounds like the 49ers fans with Greg Roman.

That didn't work out well.

I just did a search on Rick Dennison on Twitter and the tweets from Broncos fans last fall weren't good.

Hopefully that won't be the case in Buffalo, but it doesn't exactly inspire much confidence in his abilities as an OC.

Someone having fun on wikipedia..

Rick Dennison (born June 22, 1958) is an American football coach and former player. He is currently serving as the offensive coordinator of the Buffalo Bills even though he will be fired by the end of the 2017 season. An assistant in the NFL since 1995, he served as offensive coordinatorfor the Denver Broncos (2006–2008, 2015-2016) and Houston Texans (2010–2013), and served as quarterbacks coach for the Baltimore Ravens in 2014. He was the special teams coach for the Super Bowl Champion Broncos in 1997 and 1998. A linebacker who spent his entire NFL playing career in Denver from 1982 to 1990, he appeared in Super Bowls XXI, XXII, and XXIV.

I just did a search on Rick Dennison on Twitter and the tweets from Broncos fans last fall weren't good.

Hopefully that won't be the case in Buffalo, but it doesn't exactly inspire much confidence in his abilities as an OC.

Twitter hates every OC all the time. I wouldn't put too much stock in it.

I'm always wary of how much credit to give any OC under a HC who runs the whole offensive show like Kubiak does. I like Dennison's experience but he's never really had his own offense. I'm sure he's prepared for it, and has it ready to be installed. But it's still a guy who never ran the show.

I'm always wary of how much credit to give any OC under a HC who runs the whole offensive show like Kubiak does. I like Dennison's experience but he's never really had his own offense. I'm sure he's prepared for it, and has it ready to be installed. But it's still a guy who never ran the show.

So then the Twitter ire should have been directed at Kubes instead?