The Trump Economy

GG

A President can inspire and raise optimism, no question Trump has built up consumer and business confidence since he won.

And a President can ruin hope and raise the crapitude, like Jimmy Carter

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TRUMP’S ECONOMY PROVES DEMOCRATS ARE PRESENTLY ON ANOTHER PLANET:

Consider the latest unemployment data released Friday. Alongside an increase in productivity of 3.6%, the Bureau of Labor Statistics reported Friday that the unemployment rate fell to 3.6% over the first quarter 2019. That’s the lowest rate since we first landed on the moon. And that 3.6% matching speaks to an economy that is growing, dynamic, and moral. Consider that the data also shows Hispanic unemployment is now at just 4.2%. Aside from static year-on-year changes in (still very low) unemployment for blacks, and a 0.2% year-on-year increase in unemployment for teenagers, the economy is boosting employment for every listed demographic subset.

Yet Democrats say that Trump’s economy is somehow immoral. When they aren’t trying to assign credit for it to Obama, they claim that it punishes the middle class and the poor. And so, rather than doubling down on the economic fortune we now find, Democrats are pledging to shred Trump’s corporate tax reforms, escalate regulation, and increase state control in the economy.

This is insane.

MSNBC’s Chris Hayes may presently be in another galaxy:

2947EDD1-2F2A-4BA8-BEF2-9C99A094E20A-496x800.jpeg

As Sean Davis adds, “Fresh off of peddling the Trump-Russia hoax for two years, an MSNBC anchor is now suggesting the economy sucked under Obama not because of his job-killing policies, but because all businesses in the country conspired to tank the economy to spite Obama.”

And yet, the New York Times assured me just last year that “An Economic Upturn Begun Under Obama Is Now Trump’s to Tout.”

2 hours ago, Wacka said:

Trukp's magic wand is the same as the one Obama had, a phone and a pen. But trump uses it  abolish regulations, not make them.

Trump believes in the American Dream

Obama is a cynic and pampered man

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Deficits are bad, but given the huge revenues we’re seeing, that’s more of a spending problem.

Sadly, neither party wants to address that..

A spending problem???  Get the ***** out!!

And you are so right. Neither party wants to address that. I hope in my lifetime a party comes into power that is run by fiscally responsible adults. Ok ok....YOUR lifetime.  

• Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, B-Man said:

SHOCKER: Liberals Were Very Wrong About Tax Cuts. Again. Contra the Chicken Littles, tax relief has once again spurred economic growth.

Deficits are bad, but given the huge revenues we’re seeing, that’s more of a spending problem.

Sadly, neither party wants to address that.

No party of any spectrum has aimed to do a thing about the deficit, so I guess it doesn’t matter

debated where to put this, but think it can play in here. I know, WAPO and everything, but one cannot argue the numbers. As I stated upthread, many many jobs will go unfilled due to lack of skills, and skills  training, especially in jobs that Americans no longer want...and that is a real threat to the economy .

An interesting look at Germany and what is happening there with immigration and skill training.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/europe/angela-merkel-welcomed-refugees-to-germany-theyre-starting-to-help-the-economy/2019/05/03/4bafa36e-6b60-11e9-bbe7-1c798fb80536_story.html?utm_term=.803ca52975f2

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

debated where to put this, but think it can play in here. I know, WAPO and everything, but one cannot argue the numbers. As I stated upthread, many many jobs will go unfilled due to lack of skills, and skills  training, especially in jobs that Americans no longer want...and that is a real threat to the economy .

I’ve often wondered about this concept and watched while the Obama administration kept telling us that ‘training’ was the answer. I  didn’t think so then and I still don’t. The vast majority of American jobs are not in multinational corporations. They’re in local small businesses. The owners of those businesses are not shipping jobs overseas. They have no office or plant overseas. The key instead is to do what Trump has done. In two short years of cutting taxes and reducing regulations suddenly everyone in America has a job again! Magic wand? Did millions of Americans suddenly take a class? No, business owners like myself are more than happy to train people to do a job. No single job is that darn complicated.

My two cents.

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I’ve often wondered about this concept and watched while the Obama administration kept telling us that ‘training’ was the answer. I  didn’t think so then and I still don’t. The vast majority of American jobs are not in multinational corporations. They’re in local small businesses. The owners of those businesses are not shipping jobs overseas. They have no office or plant overseas. The key instead is to do what Trump has done. In two short years of cutting taxes and reducing regulations suddenly everyone in America has a job again! Magic wand? Did millions of Americans suddenly take a class? No, business owners like myself are more than happy to train people to do a job. No single job is that darn complicated.

My two cents.

i disagree a bit, but for sake of argument, let's say you are correct. We are basically at zero unemployment now. Where are you going to find workers to train?

Boomers retiring at a faster pace then Gen Z are entering the workforce. Millions of open jobs can and will be, a negative effect on the economy for a myriad of reasons. Why not immigrants? 

51 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

i disagree a bit, but for sake of argument, let's say you are correct. We are basically at zero unemployment now. Where are you going to find workers to train?

Boomers retiring at a faster pace then Gen Z are entering the workforce. Millions of open jobs can and will be, a negative effect on the economy for a myriad of reasons. Why not immigrants? 

No problem with legal immigrants based on merit. Maybe people who want to be a productive member of society and will go to school to become a doctor, engineer, welder, plumber, teacher, etc.

• Like (+1) 1