Rex's Truck - Now Clemson logos

Reed83HOF

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have only skimmed this thread, but I find it odd that some here revel in criticizing a guy who fully embraced Buffalo . . . a city that many around the country (wrongly) have made fun of or looked down upon for many years.

Carry on with pissing on the guy if that makes you feel better . . . .

I'm surprised to see that he still lives here. I know it takes time to move but I would have thought he would be out within a week. That must hurt with all of the negative press. I'd be in hiding. Tough to hide in such a small town and it's not exactly like he is blending in with those Clemson stickers

the truck was when i officially was sure that rex did not belong here.

i became apathetic towards the Bills at that time and it was just simply that to put me off of the bills.

There have been so many "Kay Bullough and Hank Stephenson" type coaches paraded through WNY over the years, the Rex hire at least made me take notice, but not necessarily in a good way.

Leave the guy alone, ....we all enjoyed Rex before the second game he coached

Like Rex or not.. he did seem to buy into this community. Personally I wish him well. He just was not a fit for the Bills.... meaning we needed a Championship coach.

+2

I have only skimmed this thread, but I find it odd that some here revel in criticizing a guy who fully embraced Buffalo . . . a city that many around the country (wrongly) have made fun of or looked down upon for many years.

This.

Rex and Rob both seem like two very likable guys. They both did their best to fit in with the community. It's a shame that things didn't workout for them in Buffalo.

Great guys for sure. I loved Rex's personality and positive attitude. It got him hired and kept things entertaining in a sport that has a relatively short season with lots of slow downtime.

His two shortcomings were attention to detail in organizing the squads/sub packages, and slow adjustments/counters on defense during some of the games.

Otherwise I loved the guy and will miss his enthusiasm and sense of humor. McDermott already puts me to sleep after 2 minutes.

In all seriousness, I'll always appreciate how much he did to show his pride in the team and in Buffalo in general, whether it be that tacky truck, wearing jerseys of all time great Bills, or sitting in the stands at Sabres games decked out in the team's gear. Had he won, he'd have been beloved.

That said, he really was a failure as a coach.

Agreed. After the Miami game, I thought that he had to go for sure, but I still bear him no ill will. Best wishes to him in his next endeavor - hopefully color commentary on TV.

I don't think it's reveling for the most part. I think it's a bit of assuming it was all part of the act that you pay Rex 25m to put on. Maybe he loves buffalo, maybe not.