Childress & Olson Both Reported as Out for Bills' OC

• Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I usually don't read long emotional rants from men who call other people snowflakes but thought what the heck. Sorry, I don't see McDermott handing over his MOST IMPORTANT HIRE to a small time college coach. The NFL and college games are very different. The success rate of recent college coaches that stormed the NFL has been poor. Chip Kelly was the next Belichick and going to revolutionize the sport and he had a few nice years where his offenses did ok but nothing revolutionary. Soon after the bottom fell out and the fact is the NFL will figure out trick stuff pretty quickly.

I would be for nurturing top college talent and bringing them under NFL minds but what you are proposing is way too risky. The only college coaches that have done well in the NFL also have NFL backgrounds.

How does that work?

I'm sincerely inquiring here, no sarcasm, but what has you convinced?

I'm not convinced that he'll be a great NFL QB; I merely believe that he's got the best chance of any player that will be drafted in 2017.

As for why--you'll have to wait for my QB preview like everyone else. :lol:

Both arguments made by many people in this thread are understandable. Childress is not sexy. He hasnt had a superb amount of success but has had success. Same with Olson. Neither of them excite me. But neither really scares me. We already got the hot young up and coming coach and hes our HC. I want his staff to be a little more experienced for support. Thats just my personal prefernce.

Any time you hear someone was with the Jags there's an immediate negative reaction until you can learn more. I wonder if the rest of the country feels the same way about the Bills cast offs and escapees? Must suck if your new HC was the RB coach for the Bills at the start of last season. OUCH!

I'm not convinced that he'll be a great NFL QB; I merely believe that he's got the best chance of any player that will be drafted in 2017.

As for why--you'll have to wait for my QB preview like everyone else. :lol:

Ok, fair enough - and will do!

I look forward to reading about Kaaya as well - seems like a tale of two years. Also, the Washington QB, Browning I think is his name? Anyways - thanks again!

Edited by BigBuff423

Childress looks like Gerald McRaney, aka "Major Dad" (and Raymond Tusk on House of Cards).

Major Dad! I knew I recognized Tusk from somewhere but I couldn't pinpoint it

PLEEEEEASE NOT OLSON !!!! We've had enough second rate coaches !!

Especially with guys like Musgrave, Childress,& others out there, these are 2 guys that have proven that they can win in the NFL Olson has only had 1 count them ONE season in the top ten.

I think i might almost rather have C Kelly than Olson at least we know when Kelly had Shady he had a great offense !!