Say Goodbye to The Greatest Show on Earth

26CornerBlitz

Circuses are like antique dolls; old people find them endearing and nostalgic, kids find them creepy and terrifying.

America braces for nightmare hordes of angry unemployed clowns................ B-)

And animal rights activists find them evil

"Ringling Brothers Circus is closing down after more than 100 years in operation, according to a press release from Feld Entertainment, which has owned the circus for the last 50 years.

"I have made the difficult business decision that Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey® will hold its final performances in May of this year," CEO Kenneth Feld said.

http://www.krtv.com/story/34264715/famed-ringling-brothers-circus-closing-after-more-than-100-years

Except adult human beings make their own choices to participate.

to some degree i agree with you. i spent time thinking about it today as i was going through my minutia of every day life.

what i appreciate about zoos is that they allow for education on the animals. i had a conference at the NC Zoo, one of the best in the country. i went during lunch and sat by the mountain lion exhibit. it was a semi chilly Tuesday. No one was there. For about an 30 minutes i just sat against the glass and enjoyed the day. After 5 minutes they came over and sat on the opposite side of me and just seemed to hang out with me.

as i was going to return to my conference the zoo keeper over the lions came out to check on them and i spoke with him. all domesticated cats in the zoos across the country are made sterile due to over population. many of the cats across the country are seized by individuals who think owning them means they are awesome. wolves, bears, pandas, gators, etc are the same. zoos get the animals some times from these idiots who couldn't take care of them and should not have had them.

these animals could never make it in the real world. these animals educational devices, exploited to some degree, yes. as the zoo keeper told me many of these animals are euthanizaed when they do not get placed in to zoo care. (if you didn't know, the US Gov's BLM kills thousands of wild horses a year and ships them to Mexico to enter their food chain; in the US there are no current horse slaughter plants).

It's a grey area to debate because of the slippery slope but it is difficult to say that all zoos, circus' and all animal performances.

You could even say that owning cats, dogs, birds and fish is cruel. PETA would be glade to endorse this thought.

Sad end to an era. I won't argue the animal treatment, but I lived in Sarasota, FL for 18 years (home to it all) and i can tell you the circus is built into the fabric of a great town. I wish I still lived there!