Who will be our OC?

YoloinOhio

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A new name for me, but Stafford looked fantastic this year prior to his injury and he's been working with Jim Bob Cooter

@albertbreer

A rising future coordinator to watch: Lions QBs coach Brian Callahan. Detroit has blocked him from taking at least one interview this month.

A new name for me, but Stafford looked fantastic this year prior to his injury and he's been working with Jim Bob Cooter

@albertbreer

A rising future coordinator to watch: Lions QBs coach Brian Callahan. Detroit has blocked him from taking at least one interview this month.

Good candidate, but if they blocked him once, they may block him again.

@albertbreer

Sign me up. I wanted Cooter but I'll take his staff.

Edited by jeffismagic

So, wait, what are you saying... you want to sleep with bush but you'll settle for dick?

your mind works in the most amazing way :beer:

well done

so it's settled....we hate the new OC ??

sure , why put it off? Just a matter of time isn't it really?

I thought it was considered fairly rude to deny your staff the opportunity to interview for promotions. Seems like a lot of teams are resorting to it, though.

It seems like it would hurt you in the bigger picture doesn't it. I mean if you're Team1 and works to develop coaches and expects them to move on. And, Team2 gets a rep for not letting their guys move for promotions. I know in the long run where the best guys will head to.

Edited by horned dogs

Not saying anything like that. But I did hear Prison Break is going to be back on TV, you might want to check that out.

Cool. I will check my local listings.

On a serious note, Cooter seems like a rising star. I'm always very hesitant to hire a guy under a guy like that, as you often don't know what substantial part the QB Coach for example had in the rise of the player. As fans, we have zero idea. There may be coaches on the Lions that know something of that but I doubt they are parting with that information to the Bills or other teams.

since nothing has leaked yet, i am wondering if the oc is going to come from one of the playoff teams

It's looking more and more likely. Unless McD is an idiot, and he doesn't seem like one, the OC is his most important hire. He lost out on McCoy but would have moved to get his guy by now. Probably a KC coach.

Cool. I will check my local listings.

On a serious note, Cooter seems like a rising star. I'm always very hesitant to hire a guy under a guy like that, as you often don't know what substantial part the QB Coach for example had in the rise of the player. As fans, we have zero idea. There may be coaches on the Lions that know something of that but I doubt they are parting with that information to the Bills or other teams.

Yes, Cooter is the next great thing. Peyton wanted him as offensive coordinator instead of Gase in Denver. Cooter is the Tomlin of offense as he can walk up to star players and tell them what's up.

Edited by jeffismagic

id give chan another ride on the bills express

Rather Chan than Norv, but prefer someone younger. But Sal made a good point in reference to Vance Joseph in Denver. A young HC needs experienced coordinators.

since nothing has leaked yet, i am wondering if the oc is going to come from one of the playoff teams

Probably true.