McDermott New HC per JLaCan - new jw tweets re: Whaley & TT

Reed83HOF

If the Bills get McDermott and don't get McCoy or even Lynn to be OC...........it's going to be interesting how people on here will view that hire. :lol:

I still very much like the McDermott hire, I think our defense will make a bounce back this year...so who the OC is wont change my opinion on McDermott. Lynn is not going to get a HC offer this year, so I think he will be there if we want him (or McDermott wants him I should say) as the OC if McCoy goes somewhere else. I am also not putting much stock into the Denver interview yet either. 1, he hasnt even interviewed yet and no one cares he has been in Denver before, especially the new HC who is picking the OC. 2, the new HC is an OC himself and I am going to assume he wants to put his stamp on the offense, so I don't know if bringing someone in as established as McCoy is going to be his top choice who will want to run his own offense. In other words, I will react to it when it happens...until then, its nothing more than an interview.

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If the Bills get McDermott and don't get McCoy or even Lynn to be OC...........it's going to be interesting how people on here will view that hire. :lol:

Why the laugh? You'd think a Bills fan would want good things to happen to this team. This just confirms you'd rather revel in failure and point fingers than have things go well for us.

If they miss out on McCoy and voluntarily let Lynn and Kromer out of their contracts as a "courtesy," so that they can coordinate elsewhere, I'll be ripschidtt.

He doesn't like LA as a city. It's not that he's opposed to moving, he just thinks LA is trashy as a conservative Christian.

IIRC, he and his wife are Catholic. They home school their kids. Disrupting their home for a late-career move was not attractive to the family. That was what I read when rumors were flying in the past couple years. For those unfamiliar with home schooling, it can be quite challenging to move to a different state or even a different school district in the same state. Policies vary widely and that can be difficult to accommodate.

7-6.

Wow, math still eludes you, its amazing. EJ played 2 games, Taylor played 14. EJ lost his 2 games. That leaves 8-6 as Taylors record. To make it easier, here is a link to his record in games he played last year...does require you to count 8 green W's though, so go down the list slowly.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/gamelog/_/id/14163/year/2015

If you cannot see how Tyrod being a factor in our running game did not also help the running game work....you need look no further then the last game of the season.

At the same token if you have a QB who can actually hurt a defense throwing the football then Shady is still putting up huge numbers. Look at what he did in Philly with Nick Foles as his QB. Yeah, Nick Foles. That should tell you something right there.

Wow, math still eludes you, its amazing. EJ played 2 games, Taylor played 14. EJ lost his 2 games. That leaves 8-6 as Taylors record. To make it easier, here is a link to his record in games he played last year...does require you to count 8 green W's though, so go down the list slowly.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/gamelog/_/id/14163/year/2015

Cassell took the first snap of the first game. He's being obtuse.

Cassell took the first snap of the first game. He's being obtuse.

I know, he lives to be absurd. Taylor was the starter for that game, and he won that game. Cassel taking the first snap doesnt change the reality of that game, but FireChan likes to make things up, twist things, and just say absurd things to be difficult.

I know, he lives to be absurd. Taylor was the starter for that game, and he won that game. Cassel taking the first snap doesnt change the reality of that game, but FireChan likes to make things up, twist things, and just say absurd things to be difficult.

Cassel took the snap, but Taylor also started just in split position.

I for one would have then preferred Richard over McDermott.

We could be wrong.......but I would have much preferred Richard to McDermott too.

I want the Bills to be like the Seahawks.......a vibrant, competitive atmosphere where players are being coached up and developed and the team wins consistently even when they are struggling with injuries and losing personnel in FA etc..

Fred Jackson said something about Seattle I really liked.........he said the players there don't think about failing........they are just focused on being great.

That reminds me of the Walsh 49ers mentality that winning games wasn't good enough it was about an internal standard of excellence.

I envision Carolina as a weak willed team that thinks a lot about failure........and subsequently they blew a SB they should have won handily and followed that up this year with crazy erratic play including numerous late defensive collapses that cost them games.

@MikeSilver

If McCoy does not come with McDermott to Bills (if McDermott gets HC job), I'm told by coaching sources Norv Turner could be in play...

:lol:

Some more updates:

John Wawrow ‏@john_wawrow 59m59 minutes ago
There is no framework of a deal reached yet in talks between #Bills and McDermott.
John Wawrow ‏@john_wawrow 47m47 minutes ago
It all comes down to who determines when the deal is considered done.

DPants
‏@john_wawrow So no framework on a deal but barring some kinda epic collapse, McDermott is their guy, yes?
John Wawrow ‏@john_wawrow 36m36 minutes ago
Nothing I've heard has changed that path.
Question now being raised regarding GM Doug Whaley.
aaron s
@john_wawrow @dpants5150 what questions?
John Wawrow ‏@john_wawrow 33m33 minutes ago
The one I raised on Monday ...
John Wawrow @john_wawrow 32m32 minutes ago
Oh, boy. I'm sure this'll turn out well.
WaltPatulski
@john_wawrow to be fair that's not raising questions. That's putting out speculation in a vacuum
John Wawrow
Is it now.
John Wawrow ‏@john_wawrow 22m22 minutes ago
Just saying, it hasn't been a good few weeks for Doug Whaley.

John Wawrow ‏@john_wawrow 10m10 minutes ago
Also leaves me wondering if there might be a shift on Tyrod Taylor's future in Buffalo.
Edited by Reed83HOF

Some more updates:

There is no framework of a deal reached yet in talks between #Bills and McDermott.

DPants
‏@john_wawrow So no framework on a deal but barring some kinda epic collapse, McDermott is their guy, yes?
aaron s
WaltPatulski
@john_wawrow to be fair that's not raising questions. That's putting out speculation in a vacuum
John Wawrow
Is it now.

Also leaves me wondering if there might be a shift on Tyrod Taylor's future in Buffalo.

Yeah I didn't understand this series of tweets.

Some more updates:

DPants
aaron s
WaltPatulski
John Wawrow
Is it now.

Jim Monos new GM?????

Some more updates:

DPants
aaron s
WaltPatulski
John Wawrow
Is it now.

Can someone put these DW COncerns questions araised in a nut shell. is this carrying over from the PC or did i miss something new?