St Doug officially head coach in Jax.

Virgil

We'll find out soon enough whether this is true or not?

@CharleyCasserly

The #JaguarsNFL_Season_2016_JAX.png hit a Home Run hiring Doug Marrone and Tom Coughlin @nflnetwork

LMAO!!! A never was and a has been...

Bottom line is Marrone found a way to finish above 500 with Manuel and Orton at QB. Think about that

While running the Jags Blake Bortles had arguably his best games for total passing yards and completion percentage. If the Jags can improve in defense in that weak division Marrone has a chance to rise above and win.

Just wait til he gets a hold of the offensive line the next few years and watch it go downhill like a rolling snowball

Edited by matter2003

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy Schit that's funny. How did I miss this clip before now. :thumbsup:

LMAO!!!!!!

"Urgency?"

"No...that's not the word I'm looking for...hold on I'll come up ith it..."

"umm....ahh...umm...ahh...umm....hmmm..."

"Oh...URGENCY! That's the word I'm looking for"

hahahahahahahaahaha

Marrone did nothing for our defense and ruined our offense. Both lose.

Bringing in a quality coaching staff is a big part of being a HC. Marrone gets credit for that D whether it was "his" or not.

If I'm Doug Marrone that's the top line on my resume, and it's going up in a bold 24pt font.

Marrone did nothing for our defense and ruined our offense. Both lose.

our offense wasn't great anyway (although his college hurry up stunk) and he made our defense great with great DCs.

Still blows my mind that Pettine ran a Rex style scheme and excelled with it but Rex sucked with his own scheme, how does that happen?

I was one of a few who applauded the move. Ralph passes, uncertainty for our franchise, AND 4 million smackeroos. Whose gonna give up that much free money? A fool or a liar, that's who. On top of that he leaves Buffalo for Florida. I live in Florida now and can deal with an occasional freezing night here and there, but damn that Buffalo winter crap! Given the same options, I would have "quit" too. In the end you make yourself and your family secure and happy. He didn't owe us anything.

Screw that!! no way in hell am I quitting an NFL HC job. I would have demanded a better QB and use a real NFL offense like he did with the saints.

How long before Marrone ruins Bortles career??

he may have already

The Schwartz call was a no brainer. I don't give him much credit for that. Any coach would have made that call and Schwartz knew he had that DL.

Just like it would be a no brainer for us to bring him in.

LMAO!!! A never was and a has been...

Just wait til he gets a hold of the offensive line the next few years and watch it go downhill like a rolling snowball

But he's just finishing a 2 year stint as OL coach? How will he make it worse as HC?

PFF analysis pre-season:

"Key stat: The Jaguars used only four different offensive-line combinations in 2015, second-fewest in the league.

Offensive line was the weak point of the Jaguars’ offense in 2015, and that will likely hold true again in 2016."

Cold Hard Football Facts 2016 Hog Index: Jax 24 2015: 29 2014: 25

They were pretty bad before he got there, but he certainly can't lay claim to making them better

The Schwartz call was a no brainer. I don't give him much credit for that. Any coach would have made that call and Schwartz knew he had that DL.

The fact is, Marrone showed judgement in bringing in Pettine and Schwartz as DC

Any coach (named Gailey) brought in George Edwards and Dave Wannstedt and any other coach (named Ryan) brought in Dennis Thurman

The fact is, Marrone showed judgement in bringing in Pettine and Schwartz as DC

Any coach (named Gailey) brought in George Edwards and Dave Wannstedt and any other coach (named Ryan) brought in Dennis Thurman

Both Marrone and Rex were saved by the coaches they hired on the other side of the ball. Roman-Lynn did much better than Rex's D and Pettine-Schwartz kept Marrone's college offense afloat.

So it worked. Took a couple years but ol moron wormed his way onto a staff and laid in the weeds nippin at the HC ankles while holding back until just the right moment then BAM two game interim coach had em lookin like a team that wanted to win.

Now moron and Coughlin will move on and capitalize on all Gus Bradley and Dave Caldwell's hard work.

Those two came in amd did all the heavy lifting, rebuilt the O and D with young stars and now that they are ready to play to their potential, moron gets to reap the rewards.

Jags are gonna be good, they are a running back away from competing for the division title IMO and the D will be top 5 watch.