New jw Tweets 1/9

Reed83HOF

Again, to be crass and bump my own post I broke this down. http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/191405-drafting-a-qb-learning-from-the-past/?p=4202387

Picks 1-10 24 QB drafted, 16 successful, 67% success, roughly 2 out of 3 odds

Picks 11-20 8 QB drafted, 4 successful, 50% success, roughly 1 out of 2 odds

Picks 21-32 10 QB drafted, 3 successful, 30% success, roughly 1 out of 3 odds

This is just the odds of drafting a "servicable" QB eg one who can start and play. Overall one who becomes "The Man", a guy who can carry the team a la Peyton Manning or Aaron Rodgers, the odds are of course lower.

its a crapshoot no matter where they pick, better to have a tt on the roster just in case

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

well based on these tweets in the order they came out - wawrow is saying that the Pegulas have their guy...but whaley has NOT found his guy.

by saying no one has been rejected, he is saying whaley has not given his recommendation. but by re-stating the coaching hire hierarchy, he is suggesting pegula has someone

If you look at Bucky as well this would kind of point this way that they like McDermott, so Whaleys recommendation will have to be better I guess. I really wish the owner would let the football guy make his pick

Posted Today, 11:56 AM

Speculation I am seeing on Twitter is that Whaley wants to Hire McDermott and dump Tyrod whereas the Pegulas want to hire Anthony Lynn and keep Tyrod.

In a power struggle with the Owner, I assume that Whaley will lose. So it looks like it'll be Lynn. Hopefully he can get Gus Bradley for DC

Posted by MADDOG

so whats really going on? I've seen it both ways now, whaley wants mcdermott and pegs want lynn and pegs want mcdermott and whaley wants lynn. Which is it?

He has. His interview with Pegula right after the Whaley presser is a recent example. But he also loves toying with people. All he has to do is tweet a "Hmmmm" or "Oh boy" and we use our playoff-drought-addled minds to fill in the blanks. Like cats chasing a laser pointer.

This is so a propos. Indeed, like cats chasing a laser pointer. :w00t:

Go one further and you have a draft where no one should have gone in the first 50 picks... so 2 out of the last 4...

My point was drafts after EJ. Of course you can move the windows around to make your point. My point was that the Bills had a chance to get a good QB in here on the cheap 2 out of the last 3 years and failed.

Posted Today, 11:56 AM

Speculation I am seeing on Twitter is that Whaley wants to Hire McDermott and dump Tyrod whereas the Pegulas want to hire Anthony Lynn and keep Tyrod.

In a power struggle with the Owner, I assume that Whaley will lose. So it looks like it'll be Lynn. Hopefully he can get Gus Bradley for DC

Posted by MADDOG

Is Maddog a Buffalo Insider?

well based on these tweets in the order they came out - wawrow is saying that the Pegulas have their guy...but whaley has NOT found his guy.

by saying no one has been rejected, he is saying whaley has not given his recommendation. but by re-stating the coaching hire hierarchy, he is suggesting pegula has someone

Couldn't it be other way around? Whaley has his guy and Pegulas vetoed him?

so whats really going on? I've seen it both ways now, whaley wants mcdermott and pegs want lynn and pegs want mcdermott and whaley wants lynn. Which is it?

I wish I knew. I'm looking and not finding. That doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Is Maddog a Buffalo Insider?

I don't know.

I think we need some more confirmation from somewhere.

Edited by horned dogs

Couldn't it be other way around? Whaley has his guy and Pegulas vetoed him?

It could be all or no ways. This thread is 100% speculation. Whaley may decide to hire himself and then give the HC control of the 53 man roster. That way he has both given up and retained control. This is pretty much the only way the media is right.