Pegulas reportedly expressed remorse for benching Taylor

YoloinOhio

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My guess - the communication was poor. The owner shouldn't be having a day to day communication with the QB, but at the same time Doug or Lynn needed to bring TT into a meeting and have a face to face discussion on the reasons behind it.

Instead, nothing was said to him. Assuming they're still saying nothing to him, he's probably having his agent say "The bills won't bring me back" so they can fracture the relationship and hit free agency.

Can't speak for Lynn, Tyrod understands the wide array of impacts the move had though. He just wishes it was communicated better.

I don't think they are remorseful of the decision, so much as the repercussions it may have had on Lynn. As others pointed out earlier in the thread, the Pegulas seem like decent people and I think they would feel bad if they thought one of their decisions had a negative impact on their employee's career opportunities.

lets roll with this. because it really sounds about spot on !!

@rapsheet

On #Bills search: Owners expressed remorse to interim coach Anthony Lynn for telling him to bench Tyrod Taylor in Week 17. Lynn likes Taylor

I take this that they aren't remorseful that they kept TT on the sidelines, but the way In Which the decision was made.

It's a clear sign that they are putting the message out to prospective coaches that decisions Like this are not the norm and shouldn't be anticipated if they become our HC.

Edited by dezertbill

I take this that they aren't remorseful that they kept TT on the sidelines, but the way In Which the decision was made.

It's a clear sign that they are putting the message out to prospective coaches that decisions Like this are not the norm and shouldn't be anticipated if they become our HC.

To me that is obvious and I find it hard to believe anyone does or should think differently.

My guess - the communication was poor. The owner shouldn't be having a day to day communication with the QB, but at the same time Doug or Lynn needed to bring TT into a meeting and have a face to face discussion on the reasons behind it.

Instead, nothing was said to him. Assuming they're still saying nothing to him, he's probably having his agent say "The bills won't bring me back" so they can fracture the relationship and hit free agency.

Per Tyrod Taylor himself, Doug Whaley said to him he was being benched as a business decision to evaluate the roster depth. It's in his locker clean out interview.

Now maybe it was said as a brief encounter and it would have been better to pull him into a room with Lynn and the Pegulas and have a bit more in-depth discussion to keep the fences in good repair, I can't tell you that.

On the other hand, I don't think any of us can have an appreciation of how chaotic and busy it was at OBD with a head coach change and 3 days to get ready to fly off and play the Jets. As I understand it, coaches meet with all players to give them an end of year evaluation after the last game, so there would have been time for more discussion then.

Media leaks that the Bills have already moved on and the benching is a sign of that would surely have influenced Tyrod's interpretation, but hopefully watching the media feeding frenzy over the Bills' seemingly straightforward press release about his surgery (later clarified) would show TT how nuts the media can get and how far afield.

I'm not sure what you mean by Tyrod having his agent say (,,) so "they can fracture the relationship". Who is "they" in this sentence? The initiative, as far as I know, is 100% with the Bills.

The action probably speaks louder than after the fact words to said candidates IMO.

Edited by CodeMonkey

The action probably speaks louder than after the fact words to said candidates IMO.

The after the fact words don't obliterate the action, but it is true that if someone expresses regret and states something was not well done and we'd like to do that differently going forward, it does give one a better impression. People are allowed to identify and learn from mistakes.

OTOH "remorse" just seems like the wrong word, so we'll hope that was not what was expressed. The game is meaningless, the guy is injured, getting a last look at EJ before you kick him to the curb is due diligence.

The after the fact words don't obliterate the action, but it is true that if someone expresses regret and states something was not well done and we'd like to do that differently going forward, it does give one a better impression. People are allowed to identify and learn from mistakes.

OTOH "remorse" just seems like the wrong word, so we'll hope that was not what was expressed. The game is meaningless, the guy is injured, getting a last look at EJ before you kick him to the curb is due diligence.

Thank you for reminding us, sincerely :thumbsup: