Brian Hoyer anybody?

There is no possible way that anyone who understands football to any degree more than a 3rd grader would watch what EJ did here and especially the last 2 years where he has to come in and play and think he is a starting caliber QB. He was so bad in the last game he got benched for a raw rookie who isn't ready. Saying anything about starting EJ pretty much discredits you from having a strong grasp of football knowledge...

Agreed, which is why it still remains to be seen if Lil Doug brings his boy back.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hell No...that dude was so bad in Cleveland he was benched for Manziel....did you forget how inept he looked against us?

He was bad against us (we made Peyton Manning and then Aaron Rodgers look bad a couple of weeks later) but he played well that year in Cleveland. They were 7-6 when they benched him for Manziel. It was a management decision not a coaching one. And it was a huge mistake.

I guess the reaction from some, at least me, is that why settle for a QB likely worse than TT, are not better to be nice about it. Many here don't see the logic of dropping Taylor and then hope for something good to happen at QB over the next couple years. It' the defense that hurt us most this year. I wish the focus was there, and I can't understand why it's not.

I hear you, but it seems like the Bills are seriously considering dropping Taylor. So if that occurs? This thread was more about what do we do if the Bills decide to do this. But I also think it puts some perspective on where we stand if we do end up cutting Taylor. We stop asking the question can Taylor be a franchise QB and we start asking the question can we find a serviceable QB. An upgrade from Taylor likely isn't happening next season.

Edited by KzooMike

I hear you, but it seems like the Bills are seriously considering dropping Taylor. So if that occurs? This thread was more about what do we do if the Bills decide to do this. But I also think it puts some perspective on where we stand if we do end up cutting Taylor. We stop asking the question can Taylor be a franchise QB and we start asking the question can we find a serviceable QB. An upgrade from Taylor likely isn't happening next season.

If they decide to do this, we worry a lot about next season. Can't go into the offseason without a viable QB option, and by viable I mean a quality long term option.

Edited by klos63

Some scrub QB's have defining moments that separate them from all the other ham-and-eggers. For EJ, it was London. For Hoyer, it was last year's Chiefs playoff game.

It was breathtaking for sure. :lol:

That has to be the biggest implosion I've ever seen by a QB in the playoffs.

I don't think he'd be anywhere near as productive as Tyrod and he's 32 years old to boot.........but I will admit that he has the Billsy in spades.

And I appreciated it that day......he tries so hard to mimic Brady that if you squint you can pretend it IS Brady....so I did. :thumbsup:

If they decide to do this, we worry a lot about next season. Can't go into the offseason without a viable QB option, and by viable I mean a quality long term option.

The options are clear and the Bills choice will tell us a lot about what they intend to do. Keep Tyrod= win now and D Whaley is " on the clock" as will be the new HC that is tied to him. Dont pick up option , trade for a vet QB such as Romo,Cutler = same. Don't pick up Tyrods option , draft a QB ( Watson) and start him= semi rebuild and the HC gets a minimum of 3-4 years as does Whaley. Don't pick up TT option, don't use a 1st rd pick on a QB and get a journeyman vet = Bottom out, full scale rebuild and draft a QB in 2018 . Whaley buys himself another 5 years.

He was bad against us (we made Peyton Manning and then Aaron Rodgers look bad a couple of weeks later) but he played well that year in Cleveland. They were 7-6 when they benched him for Manziel. It was a management decision not a coaching one. And it was a huge mistake.

not saying he is a good qb but they were 7-4 at one point that season

Agreed, which is why it still remains to be seen if Lil Doug brings his boy back.

No matter how bad someone is at their job...they can usually...usually identify the things that are clearly career suicide...Bringing EJ back with any chance of getting on the field regularly would be just that for Whaley...I'm not his biggest fan either...but I don't think he's that dumb... B-)

Let's give Cordele a shot if he busts that's great for us. We need to blow it up. We need 2 horrible seasons. I'm talking bout 1-15 type yrs

So you're saying Winning hurts the franchise?

Edited by Chilly

Guys if we don't keep Tyrod what do you think about FA QB EJ Manuel?

You just have to stir the sh** don't you?

I actually like Hoyer if they keep Tyrod. I think that QB room of Tyrod-vet backup-Cardale makes sense. If you are moving on from Tyrod I'd rather go young and skip the bridge QB altogether. Just have an open competition with all of the young guys and see what happens.

Hoyer is going to be able to be paid a bit I think. I could be wrong of course.

Let's face the reality gang unless the Bills are able to pull off some miracle trade for a Luck, or Carr, or Rodgers, etc., etc., there are just now significant upgrades that will be available. It really come down to three options if they want to make a playoff run: 1) :sick: hoping like heck that Cardale Jones proves to be something--and everyone that knows something in the organization, does not seem to think that is going to happen soon; 2) :thumbdown: taking a gamble and hope you get real real real lucky and get a Zac Prescott like player in the draft--the odds of that are lower than Jones developing; or 3) :oops: staying with Taylor and focus on improving the Defense--this is what I would do.

And all three are a long shot . . . but let's face the reality, there just are not any quality free agents out there to be had! :wallbash: