Brian Hoyer anybody?

If we don't keep Tyrod we need a veteran presence to compete with Cardale or a potential draft pick. Hoyer is injury prone but has shown some positive things when healthy. QB rating in the 90's in 17 starts the last two years with 25 TD's to 7 INT's. 4 starts this year, before breaking his arm early in his 5th start vs GB. 4 full games games, all over 300 yards passing, 3 games with 2 TD's, no picks. He got his shot with Cleveland, Houston, and Chicago. Not exactly juggernaut offenses. Stat line is trending up fast. I would love to bring Hoyer into the competition.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tyrod should be the starter until someone beats him. Cardale is a joke & Hoyer gets injured more than Romo.

The first sentence says if the Bills do not retain Tyrod. So if they don't who is the starter? Are we going to start a guy as green as Cardale or a rookie? I don't see it. We need a vet for a temporary period. If it's not a trade or Tyrod who is your guy?

The first sentence says if the Bills do not retain Tyrod. So if they don't who is the starter? Are we going to start a guy as green as Cardale or a rookie? I don't see it. We need a vet for a temporary period. If it's not a trade or Tyrod who is your guy?

Either trade for a vet like Romo or draft a rookie and play him. This of course is assuming the Bills move on from Tyrod. I would draft Watson at 10 and get him ready.

If they move on from Tyrod they need to spend the cap savings to re-sign or sign players at Impact positions, draft a QB and let him and Cardale battle it out. Forget the Hoyer's of the world.

But if you hated ground and pound the last two years get ready...

Edited by purple haze

If they move on from Tyrod they need to spend the cap savings to re-sign or sign players at Impact positions, draft a QB and let him and Cardale battle it out. Forget the Hoyer's of the world.

But if you hated ground and pound the last two years get ready...

Ugh.... dont even wanna think about bak to bak tank seasons...

I would be after Hoyer Tyrod or no Tyrod. He either gives you a bridge option to start (though is admittedly a slight downgrade.... just not as big of a downgrade as I think the Tyrod lovers believe) or he is a solid vet backup.

If the Bears move on from Cutler however I think they will re-sign Hoyer before he hits the market.

I would be after Hoyer Tyrod or no Tyrod. He either gives you a bridge option to start (though is admittedly a slight downgrade.... just not as big of a downgrade as I think the Tyrod lovers believe) or he is a solid vet backup.

If the Bears move on from Cutler however I think they will re-sign Hoyer before he hits the market.

Whaleys plan is to get Cutler. His 2 biggest criticisms are trading up for Watkins and over paying for Clay. He feels the moves would be justified if he had a QB who could get them the ball. Not guaranteeing that he gets Cutler but I know thats the plan.

If we don't keep Tyrod we need a veteran presence to compete with Cardale or a potential draft pick. Hoyer is injury prone but has shown some positive things when healthy. QB rating in the 90's in 17 starts the last two years with 25 TD's to 7 INT's. 4 starts this year, before breaking his arm early in his 5th start vs GB. 4 full games games, all over 300 yards passing, 3 games with 2 TD's, no picks. He got his shot with Cleveland, Houston, and Chicago. Not exactly juggernaut offenses. Stat line is trending up fast. I would love to bring Hoyer into the competition.

heck no if we need garbage we could keep EJ

Let's give Cordele a shot if he busts that's great for us. We need to blow it up. We need 2 horrible seasons. I'm talking bout 1-15 type yrs

so if cardale sucks that is good? Wouldnt it be better for the bills and the fans if he was actually good. If tanking worked every time and so well every team would do it

so if cardale sucks that is good? Wouldnt it be better for the bills and the fans if he was actually good. If tanking worked every time and so well every team would do it

You must be new....we need to continue to lose to get higher draft choices.......forever