What will get you excited for a better upcoming season?

Virgil

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hire an experienced coach who brings in talented, experienced and proven coordinators. Retain Tyrod in some way. Upgrade talent at Safety, Offensive Line, Wide Receiver, Corner, Linebacker

During his first press conference after being hired, the head coach says something like this:

"This Bills roster as it sits right now is already a playoff caliber team. The main reason we weren't in the playoffs this year is because of the collapse of the defense during certain games. We are going to make big changes on the defense in terms of scheme, by returning to a simple system that allows defensive players to showcase their talent. We will upgrade the talent on defense at certain key positions where we need it most. We will tweak the offensive scheme to be more effective in the passing game. Sammy Watkins will be getting the ball a lot more often next year. I think we can accomplish those improvements in one year. If we are able to accomplish this, the Bills will be a contender immediately. And that is exactly what I intend to do."

That would get me excited.

Nothing sad to say

I agree.

I'm sure I'll get caught up a little bit in the hype of a new HC but none of the HC candidates are proven winners.

And I'm sure I'll feel some modicum of excitement with our draft picks and maybe our FA signings.

But it doesn't matter much what players we draft/sign if the new HC is a dud. And we won't truly know that until the season is well under way.

So I'm purely in wait-and-see mode.

Edited by hondo in seattle

Completely get rid of all free agents and just cut the fat. This team is going nowhere as presently constructed. The culture of losers has to be swept away completely. A new head coach has to have the experience and also the OK to construct a team as he sees fit. The owners need to hand a blank check over and take their yacht to Sri Lanka until November. Complete overhaul.

I am dumping my season tickets, no more money for this franchise from me.

To be honest, if it's Lynn I can get excited a little, if it's anyone else , it's a complete restart and I am probably out. Can't take a Cleveland 3yr restart scenario. See you all in the summer. Out

Lynn will not excite me.

Hate to say it but I believe we are basically in rebuild mode.

Am not excited by any coach attached to the teams search.

McDaniel would be the only one who would get me jazzed but he's not even interviewing.

If we had an awesome draft where we picked up O line, safety, D line who were " steals" at their position in draft, this might help.I don't expect us to get a QB early enough to care.

If we go rebuild, would like to see C. Jones start and work towards top 3 draft pick = no Sunday Ticket for second year in a row

She's a bust.

indeed :flirt:

I'll tell you what doesn't get me excited...

2017 schedule...it's brutal.

the perfect storm!

Completely get rid of all free agents and just cut the fat. This team is going nowhere as presently constructed. The culture of losers has to be swept away completely. A new head coach has to have the experience and also the OK to construct a team as he sees fit. The owners need to hand a blank check over and take their yacht to Sri Lanka until November. Complete overhaul.

would be nice but not happening, plus we aren't bringing in any HC candidates with HC experience.

I will be excited with the unknown of the season, the new coach and staff, draft picks, the smell of fall football weather, the fans at the Ralph, the wonderment of tailgating and the gathering of friends.

I will also be excited to know that I will not be spending one cent on tickets (I get free tickets from time to time) or merchandise. I refuse to do so until the ineptitude of this organization is washed away once and for all.

With that being said, I grew up a Bills fan, screamed wildly at SB XXV and have (and always will) root for the Bills red, white and blue.

1. Sign TT

2. Bring in a coach who the players buy into and play hard for. A leader that will oversee all 3 phases and let the coordinators do their job.

3. Get a quality CB, Safety and Tackle via draft and/FA.

4. Re-sign Woods, let Gilmore and Zach Brown walk

5. Go back to 4-3 D

6. Minor tweaks to offense and overhaul D scheme

Total upheaval of the front office.

Brandon, buh bye ... He can maintain his position with PSE for all I care, just get him away from the Bills. His years in the front office seem awfully close to the years of playoff drought and general suckitude. The Bills would still sell plenty of tickets without his help. More if they could actually put a good team on the field.

Whaley, CYA ... Gut instinct tells me that all of these recent "leaks" are coming from him ... Then again maybe that gut feeling was from all the beer and bar food while watching other teams in the playoffs again. Either way, he doesn't seem to play well with others (Marrone, Rex).

Overdorff, Adios ... Guilty by association, longevity and for suggesting we re-sign Percv Harvin this year.