The Deep State War Heats Up :ph34r:

The Shallow State war is heating up now too. Manafort & Gates shouldn’t make a lot of long term personal plans in my opinion.

Wouldn’t it be funny if we go through something of a bipartisan purge in DC over the next few years and among the few left standing is Trump?  If it turns out he’s a shyster, a bully and a womanizer, but clean legally speaking?

The true Mr. Magoo!

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Cugalabanza said:

Wouldn’t it be funny if we go through something of a bipartisan purge in DC over the next few years and among the few left standing is Trump?  If it turns out he’s a shyster, a bully and a womanizer, but clean legally speaking?

I could actually see that happening pretty easily.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, DC Tom said:

I could actually see that happening pretty easily.

Yeah, it's not far-fetched.  I think what we know of Trump is that his flaws & vices are many, but they're also obvious.  We may already know, for the most part, the extent of his shady dealings. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, TPS said:

And the point of this was row complaining about the Dems attacking trump for anything and everything as if the reps don't pull the same ****. $70 million to catch Clinton in a lie about a blow job....errrr...extra-marital affair...he also lies about his golf game. Come to think of it, so does trump. 2 peas in a pod.

Not going to Defend Trump's character but there is a difference between consensual sex between adults long before being a President and luring an intern into your office while being President.  In the private sector, no CEO that gets a hummer in their office from an intern keeps their job once that becomes public.  Bill was lucky to stay in office IMO. 

Edited by keepthefaith
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

Not going to Defend Trump's character but there is a difference between consensual sex between adults long before being a President and luring an intern into your office while being President.  In the private sector, no CEO that gets a hummer in their office from an intern and keeps their job once that becomes public.  Bill was lucky to stay in office IMO. 

I'm not defending anyone; I was pointing out that it's stupid to say one party does stuff and pretend the other doesn't. 

42 minutes ago, Cugalabanza said:

The Shallow State war is heating up now too. Manafort & Gates shouldn’t make a lot of long term personal plans in my opinion.

The true Mr. Magoo!

Isn't Trump the subject of dozens of law suits as we speak? 

4 minutes ago, TPS said:

I'm not defending anyone; I was pointing out that it's stupid to say one party does stuff and pretend the other doesn't. 

True.

58 minutes ago, Cugalabanza said:

The true Mr. Magoo!

That's pretty much exactly the case.  This is going to impact the entire political class across both parties. 

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

VICTOR DAVIS HANSON: The Distortions of Our Unelected Officials.

On March 17, ex-CIA Director John Brennan tweeted about the current president of the United States: “When the full extent of your venality, moral turpitude, and political corruption becomes known, you will take your rightful place as a disgraced demagogue in the dustbin of history. . . . America will triumph over you.”

That outburst from the former head of the world’s premier spy agency seemed a near threat to a sitting president, and former U.N. Ambassador Samantha Power tweeted that it probably was: “Not a good idea to piss off John Brennan.”

If there is such a thing as a dangerous “deep state” of elite but unelected federal officials who feel that they are untouchable and unaccountable, then John Brennan is the poster boy. . . .

Brennan is typical of the careerist deep state.

Former National Security Advisor Susan Rice lied about the Benghazi tragedy, the nature of the Bowe Bergdahl/Guantanamo detainee exchange, the presence of chemical weapons in Syria, and her role in unmasking the identities of surveilled Americans.

Andrew McCabe, recently fired from his job as FBI deputy director, openly admitted to lying to investigators, claiming he was “confused and distracted.” McCabe had said that he was not a source for background leaks about the investigation of the Clinton Foundation. He wrote in an op-ed for the Washington Post that “some of my answers were not fully accurate . . .”

Former FBI Director James Comey likely lied about not drafting a statement exonerating Hillary Clinton of wrongdoing in her email scandal before interviewing her.

Comey misled a FISA court by not providing the entire truth about the Steele dossier. He falsely assured the president that he was not under investigation while likely leaking to others that Trump was, in fact, under investigation.

Former Director of National Intelligence James Clapper lied under oath to the Senate Intelligence Committee when he said that the National Security Agency did not collect data on American citizens. When caught in the lie, Clapper claimed that he had given the “least untruthful” answer to the committee that he could publicly provide.

In the past, Clapper had also misled the country about the “secular” nature of Egypt’s Muslim Brotherhood and the threat posed by the Islamic State.

Note that Brennan, Clapper, Comey, McCabe, and Rice so far have not been held to account for their distortions.

Not yet, anyway.

2 hours ago, Cugalabanza said:

The true Mr. Magoo!

Now you're seeing where I'm going. 

Trump is the bartering ram to pierce the protective bubble built around a system that protects both sides. He's a tank - not because he's an angel or flawless, but because his skeletons pale in comparison and scope to the skeletons of the elected (and unelected) officials on both sides of the aisle who have been pilfering this nation for their own benefits. He can take the hits and keeps smiling in a way other politicians or citizens can't. 

Hes the perfect tool for this operation. 

Both th parties are going to be exposed. 

2 hours ago, Cugalabanza said:

The true Mr. Magoo!

People took that as an insult when he called sessions that - but Magoo always wins in the comic. Always. 

This is the double talk in his texts that most brush off as Trump being "dumb" when it's anything but. 

Mr. Conrad Black:

“Mr. Trump may have aggravated some of the current nastiness, but his chief offense has been breaking ranks with the bipartisan coalition that produced the only period of absolute and relative decline in American history.”

FTA:

Mr. Trump isn’t the problem, but among the symptoms of the problem are that the director and deputy director of the FBI have been fired for cause as the Bureau virtually became the dirty-tricks arm of the Democratic National Committee, and that, as the Center for Media Studies and Pew Research have both recorded, 90% of national-press comment on Mr. Trump is hostile. Mr. Trump may have aggravated some of the current nastiness, but his chief offense has been breaking ranks with the bipartisan coalition that produced the only period of absolute and relative decline in American history.

If Mr. Trump succeeds, the abrasions he sometimes causes will be worth enduring. I commend to my hand-wringing friends the wisdom of dual citizen (Australian and American) Nicole Kidman, who advised her Hollywood peers to have some respect for the elected president and some understanding that if he does well, the country does well. These are almost the only sensible words that have been heard from Hollywood since Ronald Reagan left there for Washington in 1980 (to have dinner at George Will’s house).

• Like (+1) 1

The real reason behind Sessions’ special counsel decision
New York Post, by Michael Goodwin

Original Article

Newspaper and television headlines are blunt instruments that leave little room for nuance. Throw in the ­anti-Trump bias and it’s no surprise that nearly all media followed the same simplistic thinking to describe Attorney General Jeff Sessions’ decision on whether to appoint a second special counsel. His answer was “no,” the chorus declared, case closed. Par for its partisan course, The New York Times twisted the knife, saying “Sessions Spurns GOP.” Maybe, maybe not. The truth is that Sessions’ decision is far more complex than reports suggest.

Watch this video and seriously consider the implications before dismissing. Sorry for the Twitter link, best I can do on the road... But this isn't an accident. It's not one corporation. It's a mass effort to deceive. 

This is what mind control looks like. It's real, it's powerful - or was - and now it's failing and some people are freaked out. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/Fuctupmind/status/980285026259623936/video/1

4 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Watch this video and seriously consider the implications before dismissing. Sorry for the Twitter link, best I can do on the road... But this isn't an accident. It's not one corporation. It's a mass effort to deceive. 

This is what mind control looks like. It's real, it's powerful - or was - and now it's failing and some people are freaked out. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/Fuctupmind/status/980285026259623936/video/1

Holy crap - I've heard audio montages where the same phrases are voiced by any number of TV talking heads, but I've never seen anything to this extent. Who put that video together?

• Like (+1) 1