The Buffalo media in a sentence.

turftoe

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Put the Bills and this 17 year train wreck in any other city, and the media coverage would not be any different. We already have "Pegula sponsored radio and tv shows", do you also want Pegula sponsored newspapers that do nothing but tow the company line?

Yes!

PIssing off Kool-aid drinkers since 2000.

Yes!

Entitled drama troupe feel snubbed, manufacture stories about jocks.

Note - I'm talking pretty much exclusively about TBN + Rodak

Please substantiate with facts!

I'm totally mystified how many blame the media for this "dumpster fire." Please tell me what I am missing?

Yes!

Please substantiate with facts!

I'm totally mystified how many blame the media for this "dumpster fire." Please tell me what I am missing?

Here you go:

Doug Whaley asked reporters yesterday to "confirm with me" reports about front office. Would be nice, if Whaley was actually made available.

Mike Rodak@mikerodak Jan 3

Mike Rodak Retweeted

I've sat in the office of a general manager for another NFL team I don't even cover. I've never seen Whaley's office -- not by my choice.

Doug Whaley could very easily take a 2-minute walk downstairs to the Bills' media room to clear up "narratives." He never does.

Tim Graham@ByTimGraham Jan 3

Tim Graham Retweeted Mike Rodak

Same. I have cell numbers for over half the NFL's general managers and some owners. I've never spoken to Whaley over phone or in his office.

Not blaming the media for the GM's poor ability to communicate. But i do believe TBN and Rodak are incompetent hacks who make up drama because the FO doesn't respect them enough to give them interviews. They talk to Vrentas and Wawrow, so it seems they just don't like the locals.

I am easily distracted by the media who report the Buffalo Bills are a dysfunctional organization that have not been successful in 17 years, have horrendous drafts, and are nowhere close to playoff contention! What if the F*** are they reporting that is inaccurate; you guys make it easy for the FO to keep up the same old BS!

Does the year 1999 mean anything to you; does the failure of multiple drafts mean anything?

Believe me, I've been a frustrated fan. I've followed this team for over 45 years. I I'm not forgetting that it wasn't very long ago most fans were anxious about the Bills leaving town. What ticks me off is that Sullivan and the other Buffalo News cronies never miss an opportunity to personally sling mud at the organization and Pegula in particular. I'm not saying that Pegula hasn't made mistakes but in the BN eyes, he can do nothing right. They are critical of anything he does. Jerry Sullivan calling Pegula a bozo? Really? It shouldn't give these guys license to put out endless, mean spirited, speculative, drivel.

First it was tight fisted Ralph Wilson, now it is the incompetent Pegulas that are to blame for the Bills woes. Is it jealousy that creates this angst? I don't know. Maybe it's because they feel inferior at their jobs and are just looking to drag someone else down to their level. These people are self made billionaires but some how as sports owners we are to believe they are incompetent.? The media clearly has an agenda in many cases because they are the "ultimate authorities on how a team should be run". They routinely throw coach after coach under the bus, then whine about not making the playoffs. Are they to stupid to realize they are part of the problem? Any organization needs time to develop. Unfortunately the media here demands instant success.

TEAM = MEDIA

Nobody deserves the playoffs

First it was tight fisted Ralph Wilson, now it is the incompetent Pegulas that are to blame for the Bills woes. Is it jealousy that creates this angst? I don't know. Maybe it's because they feel inferior at their jobs and are just looking to drag someone else down to their level. These people are self made billionaires but some how as sports owners we are to believe they are incompetent.? The media clearly has an agenda in many cases because they are the "ultimate authorities on how a team should be run". They routinely throw coach after coach under the bus, then whine about not making the playoffs. Are they to stupid to realize they are part of the problem? Any organization needs time to develop. Unfortunately the media here demands instant success.

How much more time should we give them? It's been 17 years for godsakes.

TEAM = MEDIA

Right! I want to see the Bills make the playoffs as much as anyone else, maybe more, but there has been 17 years of constantly reshuffling the deck. Each new coach brings in a new staff and implements a new system. Now many of the players the GM drafted to fit the scheme are now not a good fit talent wise for the new scheme. So we go back to the draft. Then in 2 years when writers throw the current coach under the bus we get to start the process all over again. Einstein said the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting new results. By that definition the media here is insane.

All of that tenure and field experience, and yet all but 1 of them ( the local AP reporter) are getting schooled by a former high school sports coach who started this gig a couple short years ago.

Are you speaking of JW? I also like Sal Capaccio. Chris Brown and Murph work for the team but I still appreciate the fact that they actually gather some good information and get a different perspective on things. I'm just sick of the mean spirited tabloid stuff coming out of the Buffalo News.

TEAM = MEDIA

Pegula hasn't been here 17 years yet they have verbally abused the guy since day one. The BN has become a mean spirited tabloid. I can't remember the last time they actually did some research and actual journalism. Everything has a negative slant and is based on opinion only.

TBN; combining a lack of objectivity, integrity, verification of facts, and actual sources, showcasing all degree of mastery of literary fallacy and grammar, and relying on Twitter, petulance, and personal agenda to generate insightless coverage of local sports.

Here you go:

Not blaming the media for the GM's poor ability to communicate. But i do believe TBN and Rodak are incompetent hacks who make up drama because the FO doesn't respect them enough to give them interviews. They talk to Vrentas and Wawrow, so it seems they just don't like the locals.

What do you expect them to report, "another great season, another great draft, we are so close." "This is a first-rate organization!" "Nothing to see here."

Pegula hasn't been here 17 years yet they have verbally abused the guy since day one. The BN has become a mean spirited tabloid. I can't remember the last time they actually did some research and actual journalism. Everything has a negative slant and is based on opinion only.

Well said. This is also made worse by an increasing demand for content and the fact that negative online articles are proven to get more clicks. Journalism takes a back seat and the negative opinion columns rule the day.

Felser rolling over in his grave....

What do you expect them to report, "another great season, another great draft, we are so close." "This is a first-rate organization!" "Nothing to see here."

Heck no. No one is asking them to paint a pretty picture. What is sickening is how they stoop to the low denominator and make personal attacks on good people. The Pegulas are good people, who, by the way, happened to have saved our team from relocation. Do you think the Pegulas want to keep losing? They are fairly new to this game and have made a few mistakes along the way. Having Jerry Sullivan tweeting that TP is a bozo or worse is so low brow. They (TBN) go out of their way to create the idea that the bills are dysfunctional. "No coach would ever want to come here", yet they are the ones who have made it their job to personally attack every coach who has been here. They have alienated themselves because of this low brow, mean spirited, tabloid mentality. Would anyone in the Bills organization every trust a BN writer enough to give him a scoop? You cant trust any of these guys to report things in an unbiased way. They are a bunch of jilted tabloid guys with a sour disposition.

Edited by turftoe

Are you speaking of JW? I also like Sal Capaccio. Chris Brown and Murph work for the team but I still appreciate the fact that they actually gather some good information and get a different perspective on things. I'm just sick of the mean spirited tabloid stuff coming out of the Buffalo News.

Yep JW and Sal are making complete trash of the rest of them, with their actions, comments, approach to the whole thing and professionalism. That's also why the Pegulas spoke to them only.

Doin' what columnists are paid to do: Offer their opinion; don't like it, don't read it.

To say "don't like it, don't read it" just never gets to the heart of any problem any doesn't offer any solution. Yes, I've pretty much stopped reading the Buffalo News articles on this site.I sure as heck would never subscribe to their site. Will that really make any difference? Just not reading the BN articles doesn't keep them from spewing out their toxic, mean spirited opinions. Opinions that should be challenged when they go to far and become personal attacks against good people. I'm sick of it. There doesn't seem to be any accountablility for what is put out there. Throw out some conjecture, report it as unknown sources, throw in a few personal barbs, and sit back and hope that your catchy opening line gets some clicks. It's pathetic!

I see you enjoy taking enormous leaps in "logic" to fit things into your own narrative. This comment is the equivalent of hearing "I don't like Dominoes Pizza, it's mass produced junk" and responding "what do you have against Italians and the working class?"

Considering the local media hacks has nothing to do with being a homer, it has everything to do with acknowledging that they are bad at their jobs. There are dozens of questions that should have been asked at the 40 minute long press conference that weren't asked. They chose, quite predictably, not to ask those questions and instead focused on trying to "catch" Whaley in a contradiction.

This topic is completely unfair. They do a good job and we'd all be sad if they weren't doing it. Which could happen.

No, they don't, but thank you for white knighting them.