Bills Hire Sean McDermott as New Head Coach

It's a good thing--you've gotta give the coach the resources that he wants in each of those fields. If nothing else, it gives him a comfort level that the day-to-day things are being handled as he sees fit.

I get that. Hopefully it just means the hiring of those people and not the management of those people was my point. Don't want him doing more than he has to.

I get that. Hopefully it just means the hiring of those people and not the management of those people was my point. Don't want him doing more than he has to.

I don't see much in the ways of management--it's more about setting the expectations in the offseason for how certain things will be handled logistically and administratively.

@SalSports

One of differences in org structure you may see in Bills next regime is support staff such as equipment, medical, video will be under HC...

Medical is an interesting one. It was reported during Marrone's time that both him and Whaley wanted modern medical practices within the organization, but the old regime wanted to keep things the way they were. Marrone and Whaley felt "stim and ice" was an old outdated practice.

Equipment is another as it was apparent the Bills did not know how to play in the snow this year.

@RQUINN619

Sean McDermott 'encouraged' by Bills hiring process, front office structure

In a column by ESPN’s Dan Graziano, he reported on the process that’s occurred since McDermott first made contact with the Bills. McDermott’s representatives have apparently been in contact with Buffalo’s front office since their first discussion.

By Graziano’s account, McDermott, who coached under Ron Rivera with the Panthers, has been encouraged with everything he’s heard about Buffalo, from their front office structure to the day-to-day operations.

McDermott reportedly isn’t worried as much about seeking control as he is with who is responsible for specific duties and how everyone in the organization will work together to turn the team around.

Medical is an interesting one. It was reported during Marrone's time that both him and Whaley wanted modern medical practices within the organization, but the old regime wanted to keep things the way they were. Marrone and Whaley felt "stim and ice" was an old outdated practice.

Equipment is another as it was apparent the Bills did not know how to play in the snow this year.

Yep. Exactly.

This is where I'm at.

McDermott was a leading voice in encouraging Kuechly not to play again this year...and said all the right things. Would have been more interesting if the Panthers had been in the playoff race.

By the way...Look for the Bills to go after AJ Klein LB hard in free agency....

@RQUINN619

Sean McDermott 'encouraged' by Bills hiring process, front office structure

https://t.co/PDcTAqEOaq

Without reading too much into this little blurb that feels like a guy that cares about attention to detail. He is looking for clarity and more black and white. Conceptual people (like me) deal more in shades of gray. That can leave certain things falling through the cracks. Attention to detail is one of the most important traits that I want from this regime. (Now I read way too much into the quote)

Without reading too much into this little blurb that feels like a guy that cares about attention to detail. He is looking for clarity and more black and white. Conceptual people (like me) deal more in shades of gray. That can leave certain things falling through the cracks. Attention to detail is one of the most important traits that I want from this regime. (Now I read way too much into the quote)

Up until this year Quinn was a blogger for BillsMafia/FamBase, and BuildingTheHerd. This year he got the national media nod, and for the most part I think he does great work.

He's a poster on here too.