Bills Hire Sean McDermott as New Head Coach

No. He's saying to draft a rookie high come April or sign a coveted FA. That guy would be the #2.

ok, read too fast...what he said!

Did you seriously miss the 2nd spot on the list? I don't like Lewis in the slightest. I'm for a high end FA target and a later pick at WR, or a high end draft pick and a lower tier FA.

Both of those wants have ANDs, fwiw.

I seriously did, my bad.

The way it is sounding the Bills are landing the #1 candidate on the market and the #1 OC candidate. This after a bad week of national press. That is why the Pegulas are the best owners in sports. Be happy to have them, still learning this business.

Not sure that they are the best. Agreed on the rest! Especially the bad press part which a lot of us said was BS at the time. No tire fire.

@RapSheet

If Sean McDermott gets the #Bills job, the #Panthers will have an easy move to replace him, elevating secondary coach Steve Wilks to DC

How does this work if the bills offer him the job as DC before the Panthers elevate him to DC? If he is still under contract, I understand the only way he can make a lateral move is if both teams agree on it but curious if timing is a factor or not.

How does this work if the bills offer him the job as DC before the Panthers elevate him to DC? If he is still under contract, I understand the only way he can make a lateral move is if both teams agree on it but curious if timing is a factor or not.

I believe the only promotion is anything lower to head coach. The Nfl considers all coordinators and position coaches simply as assistants for this purpose if I recall correctly

Edited by NoSaint

Timing is not a factor--he cannot move laterally without permission from his current team.

Timing is not a factor--he cannot move laterally without permission from his current team.

That's what I figured based on the Anti-Tampering policy but wanted to be sure.

I believe the only promotion is anything lower to head coach. The Nfl considers all coordinators and position coaches simply as assistants for this purpose if I recall correctly

thanks.

@SalSports

One of differences in org structure you may see in Bills next regime is support staff such as equipment, medical, video will be under HC...

Not sure if this is good or bad. On one hand you got the HC picking who does what. On the other hand you got the HC in charge of more people taking away from coaching players.

Not sure if this is good or bad. On one hand you got the HC picking who does what. On the other hand you got the HC in charge of more people taking away from coaching players.

It's a good thing--you've gotta give the coach the resources that he wants in each of those fields. If nothing else, it gives him a comfort level that the day-to-day things are being handled as he sees fit.