Bills Hire Sean McDermott as New Head Coach

Why are so many people so convinced that McCoy couldn't work with Taylor? This is a guy that was part of a Tebow led offense that went into wildcard weekend and beat a 12-4 Steelers team in 2011.

Making an NFL offense function with Tebow is nothing short of a minor miracle. So why can't he be successful with Tyrod?

why? Not a flashy rex hire so its wrong. Who cares about the press conference, i'd be happier knowing its not some gimmicky hire to sell tickets

Because winning the press conference is what really matters.

I'm just saying it will be a horrible press conference. My belief that it will be a failed hire is separate from that observation.

Like I said in another thread - I can get behind Dick Jauron Jr. as long as (a) Tyrod is retained, AND (b) Lynn OR McCoy is offensive coordinator.

Anything less will be doomed for failure.

Making an NFL offense function with Tebow is nothing short of a minor miracle. So why can't he be successful with Tyrod?

Just guessing but I'd venture the issue is long term success from a known quantity and a single season success out of an unknown are wildly different beasts

23rd in yards and 25th in points is not "functioning" or any kind of success.

That's with the #1 rushing attack, btw.

Edited by FireChan

Just guessing but I'd venture the issue is long term success from a known quantity and a single season success out of an unknown are wildly different beasts

The point is the guy is a good enough coach to scheme up an offense based on the talent that's made available to him even with an in-season change at QB.

I don't mind McCoy as OC but everything depends on a QB. If they go away from TT and don't get a Brees or Rivers, this offense is likely to suck. The running game will suffer and we will waste the two years Shady has left. If somehow they pull a rabbit out of their hat and get a QB I will be in favor. But right now I think we will be under .500 and waste a lot of talent.

Again, the Eagles were 1st in rushing in the NFL in 2013 with Foles at QB, and their averages were similar (5.3 YPR for Bills this year and 5.1 YPR for Eagles and 164 YPG for Bills versus 160 YPG for Eagles). And the Broncos were 1st in rushing in 2011 under McCoy.

No, he was a SB loser and DC for an up and down franchise carried by the league's most dominant offensive player........CAAAAAMMMM.

The minute things go wrong they will be able to look at those results.

Or the fact that he didn't think he needed Josh Norman...........and found out HE DID.

Those are more accurate takes that the players will have on McDermott.

Players respect winners and don't trust player haters.

McDermott will be just another McDude with everything to prove to those guys.

The Panthers didn't lose the SB because of defense. And McDermott made the call on Norman?

@McClain_on_NFL

@SalSports

Difference between Rex's 3-4 and McDermott's 4-3 against exact same team and offensive set:

C15MUpdXEAU4DY6.jpg
C15MUpcW8AUQK5y.jpg
Edited by 26CornerBlitz

@McClain_on_NFL

@SalSports

Difference between Rex's 3-4 and McDermott's 4-3 against exact same team and offensive set:

C15MUpdXEAU4DY6.jpg
C15MUpcW8AUQK5y.jpg

So a 1-tech and 2 9-techs instead of 2 3-techs and 2 Leos.

Why are so many people so convinced that McCoy couldn't work with Taylor? This is a guy that was part of a Tebow led offense that went into wildcard weekend and beat a 12-4 Steelers team in 2011.

A point. But McCoy is further away than McDermott.

Didn't see this posted yet: According to Wawrow, 2nd interview with McDermott takes place today

http://pro32.ap.org/article/bills-interview-mcdermott-again-coaching-search?utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=AP_NFL

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan