Bills Hire Sean McDermott as New Head Coach

I don't know anything about McDermott. Is he a disciplinarian, tough guy?

Will the offense regress if they hire a defensive guy? I still want my 25 pts per game on O

Word is he'll hire Mike McCoy as his OC. If so, that's a coup.

I wouldn't be shocked if Brees isn't back in NOLA. They've tried their best to build around him and play out his career but it's not working. He's an icon here so it will be controversial but possible. They have some good young talent now so maybe that changes things but they had 25% in dead cap space. They may decide to focus on the rebuild. By the time that they are ready to win he will be 40. Don't underestimate Monos' ties in New Orleans either. I'm not saying that it is likely but it's possible that the Saints and Brees separate.

Not buying it-- they can hit free agency hard, will be drafting high and Brees has a ton of ties established here. They are gearing up for the run right now.

They also weren't as bad as many thought despite all that. Beat every losing team on the schedule plus Seattle. Worst record they lost to was Tampa bay. Like 3 special teams plays away from being contenders still.

And SP finally fired his friends on the staff.

Not buying it-- they can hit free agency hard, will be drafting high and Brees has a ton of ties established here. They are gearing up for the run right now.

They also weren't as bad as many thought despite all that. Beat every losing team on the schedule plus Seattle. Worst record they lost to was Tampa bay. Like 3 special teams plays away from being contenders still.

And SP finally fired his friends on the staff.

Yeah, I think that the young talent developing is enough for them to gear up for a run. They are probably a little closer than they thought but if they are still 3 years away they may consider it. Denver or Houston would be more likely though. To be clear, I don't think it's likely (less than 10% & maybe less than 5%) but not impossible. I thought that it was impossible 2 years ago.

I actually think Gilmore ends up here.

It's not so much an age thing. Brees doesn't have a strong arm and has not been a good QB outside of domes the last couple years

You haven't been watching them. He is coming off his 5th 5,000 yard season. There have been 4 other such seasons by every other QB combined in NFL history!! This may have been his best year.