Rams Request Permission to Interview Anthony Lynn

Exactly. The majority on this board are completely uninformed. Makes it hard to have meaningful conversations

They feel the need to perpetuate the "Bills fans are racists" narrative. That's why lots think EJ and TT suck, don't ya know?

Unlike those Boston folks.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who are they interviewing with? Lynn would be at the top of that list imo. The whole rule is embarrassing. Pick the best person for the job.

Here's Teryl Austin saying only half of his interviews last year were legit: http://www.espn.com/blog/detroit-lions/post/_/id/23816/teryl-austin-two-of-four-head-coach-interviews-in-offseason-were-legitimate

In my comment, I was referring to posts that follow news that Lynne is being considered for a HC interview somewhere and the response is simply "Rooney rule." This implies to me that that the rule is the only reason he's getting the interview. I don't know why that would be the case that he's not getting the interview due to being qualified for the job. Edited by YoloinOhio

Exactly. The majority on this board are completely uninformed. Makes it hard to have meaningful conversations

its the way the board slants on TSW. Its sad, because when topics addressing these things are in PPP they're too coward to participate.

Race has absolutely nothing to do with who Anthony Lynn is but it is a part of why he is interviewed and people are obtuse to not see that. Lynn himself has said as much, but its easy to lob the raysis brand, because #feelings and such by snowflakes.

Can we get back to the regularly scheduled programming before dorkawhatever derailed this? Can he also get a warning point for doing this time and time again?

Edited by Boyst62

In my comment, I was referring to posts that follow news that Lynne is being considered for a HC interview somewhere and the response is simply "Rooney rule." This implies to me that that the rule is the only reason he's getting the interview.

shhh cognitive dissonance.

It's pretty embarrassing how many Bills fans think of black coaches as nothing more than a box to check.

Yes, it's ridiculous. They can conceive of no other reason a black coach might get an interview. Plus they are bitter about the rule in the first place. It's a great rule and it's doing its job of at least making cracks in all of the subconscious biases, assumptions, networks, etc. that keep old patterns of discrimination in place, even when the average person in the industry sincerely wants to change them.

don't you have so more hate you should be throwing towards Cam Newton? you know, the successful athlete that doesn't know you exist?

cool!

Again, go to PPP. All y'all who want to insert race to this, go to ppmotha!@#$inp

cool!

Again, go to PPP. All y'all who want to insert race to this, go to ppmotha!@#$inp

grow up. "Ya'll"? haha race was mention 4 posts into this thread, and it wasn't me that mentioned it. It's very funny how defensive people get when defending their own bias. keep up. that Cam thread is waiting for you.

Edited by 87168

grow up. "Ya'll"? haha race was mention 3 posts into this thread, and it wasn't me. It's very funny how defensive people get when defending their own bias. keep up. that Cam thread is waiting for you.

its not defending any stance its saying it has no worth to this topic and will only get things ugly.

I honestly do not know who you are. One thought you have had or any specific posts you've made. I don't keep track or care about those things, but thanks for being a fan of mine. You make me smile. #hugs

its not defending any stance its saying it has no worth to this topic and will only get things ugly.

I honestly do not know who you are. One thought you have had or any specific posts you've made. I don't keep track or care about those things, but thanks for being a fan of mine. You make me smile. #hugs

should you? this is a forum...on the web. as far as being a fan..hah well yes, ignorance is often very entertaining. you also make me smile. #laughs

Yeah, that game really turned off the Rams.

:lol::lol: I imagine every professional knows it was a tank job with pre-season type plays called to evaluate certain players....right?...

!@#$ now im starting to doubt it.....damnnn i hope it was

Have they interviewed another minority yet? As know Lynn's gone on record he won't be anyone's "token" interview.

I really like the fact that Lynn said that. Shows character, balls, and proper discernment.

I like the guy. Seems affable and the players seem to like him.

I'm a little thrown by his grammar. We was trying to do this, that's not what we was doing. That sort of thing. I don't like that.

Shows a possible lack of intellect.

Not at all. People who grew up in different environments speak different dialects of English (including slang). Plus sometimes players need coaches/mentors that know how to speak their language. Ill take a coach who can connect and communicate with his players well, over a coach who knows how to communicate eloquently using a broad vocabulary to the press 7 days a week. Matter fact I speak like that when im not typing. When im typing I go into school mode using vocab so you privileged upstate NY people understand what im saying and ****. But see Marty in real life you might be intimated....Marty McFly dont give a !@#$...

Edited by Marty McFly

Exactly. Liberal mentality permeating a Bills board. These folks probably agree with that blowhard at USA today who pondered why there weren't more flag protests in MLB. His brilliant conclusion? There aren't enough blacks playing baseball and something needs to be done about it. Maybe they just don't WANT to play baseball! What an idiot. The Rooney rule is a joke and many fans realize that.[/quote

And there it is. Not about political affiliation. It is about respect, decency and recognition. It is assumed that black coaching candidates are checking a box. Still have to be qualified to even get an interview. Multiple coaching candidates of color are interviewing for the same organizations. In that case, which one was bc of the Rooney Rule?

it is a huge pet peeve of mine, borderline offensive every time I see it. And I'm not easily offended, at all.

I have seen quite a bit of racist BS on this site over the years. Anthony Lynn will be a HC in the NFL. He is well respected and will get his shot. Might as well be with us.

I have seen quite a bit of racist BS on this site over the years. Anthony Lynn will be a HC in the NFL. He is well respected and will get his shot. Might as well be with us.

The Bills don't need inexperience right now. Lynn will get his shot , but one partial season as an OC is not a lot of seasoning. This isn't about race. If Lynn was Mike Tomlin I'm signing up yesterday! This team needs discipline and an experienced candidate that can turn this bumbling franchise around. I just don't think that's Lynn.

@AdamSchefter

Rams now have requested HC interviews w/ Buffalo's Anthony Lynn, and New England coordinators Matt Patricia and Josh McDaniels, per sources.

So according to what some say is Lynn's position, he'll decline the interview until they have interviewed a different minority candidate?

We could have had the best coach in league history yesterday and still would have lost.

I'm sure losing was the plan, but it would have been nice not to be totally embarassed.

The Bills don't need inexperience right now. Lynn will get his shot , but one partial season as an OC is not a lot of seasoning. This isn't about race. If Lynn was Mike Tomlin I'm signing up yesterday! This team needs discipline and an experienced candidate that can turn this bumbling franchise around. I just don't think that's Lynn.

So you are saying you would have hired Mike Tomlin as he was when he was hired by the Steelers? Because great coaches like Tomlin don't come free, you have to know what you are doing and hire them before everyone else knows they can be the head coach.

So according to what some say is Lynn's position, he'll decline the interview until they have interviewed a different minority candidate?

I'm sure losing was the plan, but it would have been nice not to be totally embarassed.

Did anyone stop and think that yesterday went exactly as planned?

- PRESERVED OUR TOP TEN DRAFT SLOT.......a win would have dropped us 5 spots

- Evaluate EJ.....thats done

- C. Jones gets a bit o playing time

This is actually something the bills have not done in years past...they go out and win meaningless games at the end of the season and hurt their draft selection.

do the other minority candidates getting interest and interviews not count? Teryl Austin, Vance Joseph, Harold Goodwin, Kris Richard?

I had this conversation with someone (purple haze?) in another thread.

My concern about Lynn is his limited experience as an assistant (of long duration, but only one position and only one side of the ball) and his limited experience as OC (never had an off-season as OC designing the playbook).

Now maybe I'm incorrect, and ALynn is "all that and a bag of chips". Maybe 14 years as a position coach outweighs 3 years as a position coach and 3 years as a DC. Maybe OC, DC or ST experience isn't important. Haze (I think) pointed out to me that black position coaches seem to have trouble getting gigs as coordinators, so that should be considered.

Teryl Austin has 3 years as DC of the Lions. Harold Goodwin has 4 years as OC of the Cardinals. They have absolutely the same experience as other candidates who come up. Kris Richard has only one year as DC, and inherited a very good D. Vance Joseph inherited a "meh" D and in 1 year has improved it, but again only one year as DC. I'm a bit skeptical of their experience.

Now maybe it's unfair because ALynn has been a positional assistant much longer than many of these guys but stuck on poor teams, so not getting the attention he may deserve. But I feel it's the experience level and the lack of coordinator experience that has people saying "Rooney Rule interview", not his skin color per se - that it's seen as (rightly or wrongly) a white dude with a similar resume, long time as position coach, no coordinator experience, wouldn't be getting the interviews.

I hope he's getting them because the teams honestly think he'd be a great choice.

Did anyone stop and think that yesterday went exactly as planned?

- PRESERVED OUR TOP TEN DRAFT SLOT.......a win would have dropped us 5 spots

- Evaluate EJ.....thats done

- C. Jones gets a bit o playing time

This is actually something the bills have not done in years past...they go out and win meaningless games at the end of the season and hurt their draft selection.

They did it in 2010 when we finished 4-12 under Gailey. Benched Fitz, played Brohm and Brown, drafted #3 overall, right?. We lost the last game in 2011, but Belichick had revenge for the earlier season loss on his mind and I don't think we could have won.

Since then I believe we've always tried to win that last game.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan

So you are saying you would have hired Mike Tomlin as he was when he was hired by the Steelers? Because great coaches like Tomlin don't come free, you have to know what you are doing and hire them before everyone else knows they can be the head coach.

No, I don't believe the Bills have the foresight to hire the " next " Mike Tomlin. Ergo, they must pay more for a proven , or more experienced candidate. That said, I do not see the same qualities ( small sample size to be sure) the confidence and leader of men attitude that shows through in Tomlin when Lynn speaks. Just my opinion. Nothing against Lynn, just not the fit I think the Bills need.

Woo! Striking another blow for reasoned discourse. Thank you for your contribution.

I've been here enough to know what happens when you try to have reasonable discourse. Someone gets upset when they're raked over the coals with the facts of the situation and they get ugly. Its not worth it.

So, you're always so inclined to chime in on this - go to PPP where it belongs. I promise you'd tuck tail and run. Which is what most posters here do when they are unable to make a point. Dork is among them, they stay clear because they can't hold weight.

This is not a forum to discuss the matter, as you'll notice. I've not. It is the lazy man and the one of pop social upbringing to cry victim, insert a hash tag and the 140 or less quip. That same lazy man is a coward who will never come back upon what he says with reasonable discussion. TSW has too many of those unintellectuals that blast out a statement and run. Its sad.

There was a time when those personalities were fostered and the naysayer against this was punished and disciplined. I am glad those days are over but I laugh at the simpletons who can't see race has nothing to do with this yet continually bash others as raysis. Instead of asking why they think the things they do and have discussion, they cry bigotry or victim.

So, again, to all of those who wish to discuss matters which are of such a nature go to PPP.

should you? this is a forum...on the web. as far as being a fan..hah well yes, ignorance is often very entertaining. you also make me smile. #laughs

its not if I should or that I want to. Its that I don't care to. I'm here to discuss football about the bills on this forum and interests which inspire me on other sub forums.

I hope you are a wonderful person and happy with your life. But, if you're not I'm still gonna carry on with my life. And in the end we are both going to be disappointed with our next coach who is fired in 3 years and the next coach after that and so on..

You are the one who continues to call everyone a snowflake.....

what does snowflake mean? It means you're all special. You don't want to be special?

Make racial insults then hide behind Elementary School hyperbole, now that IS special.

what did i or anyone else say that was raysis?

that someone here can sit here and bad mouth an entire group calling them racist is as deplorable as it gets. we are the basket of deplorables, i guess.

feel free to discuss your viewpoints here: http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/187140-williams-speechaltonphilandodallas-shootings/

i'll even help by linking this to that for you... because i really want to know what i said that was racist...

Edited by Boyst62

what did i or anyone else say that was raysis?

that someone here can sit here and bad mouth an entire group calling them racist is as deplorable as it gets. we are the basket of deplorables, i guess.

feel free to discuss your viewpoints here: http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/187140-williams-speechaltonphilandodallas-shootings/

i'll even help by linking this to that for you... because i really want to know what i said that was racist...

If you are going to be obtuse, it's the snowflake thing.

No, I don't believe the Bills have the foresight to hire the " next " Mike Tomlin. Ergo, they must pay more for a proven , or more experienced candidate. That said, I do not see the same qualities ( small sample size to be sure) the confidence and leader of men attitude that shows through in Tomlin when Lynn speaks. Just my opinion. Nothing against Lynn, just not the fit I think the Bills need.

Count me out in grabbing a has been. Who's out there that is experienced? Coughlin? No thanks.

Whaley, whether you like him as a GM or not, knows way more about football than Terry and Kim. Let's hope he finds the next Tomlin and not dismiss this out of hand. You do want to compete with other teams, time to stop feeling sorry for ourselves and find the right coach.

@mikerodak

In addition to the 49ers and Rams, Bills interim coach Anthony Lynn is expected to interview next week for the Broncos' vacancy.

@theMMQB

Best fit for @Bills coaching vacancy? @Andy_Benoit picks Anthony Lynn, Bills’ OC and interim head coach. http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2017/01/03/nfl-coaching-vacancies-buffalo-bills

C1VloiXWgAAm7-y.jpg