Coach search has come (again) who is the best fit?

mead107

Smith hasn't been an OC in ten years. And he was never very good at it.

Just keep Lynn as OC/AHC. He's earned at least that much.

We're not hiring a defensive coordinator. We're hiring a head coach.

He was OC in Jacksonville from '05 - '07, so yeah it's been a bit. But he wasn't good at it?

2005: 15th ranked offense, 12th in scoring

2006: 10th ranked offense, 9th in scoring

2007: 7th ranked offense, 6th in scoring

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was OC in Jacksonville from '05 - '07, so yeah it's been a bit. But he wasn't good at it?

2005: 15th ranked offense, 12th in scoring

2006: 10th ranked offense, 9th in scoring

2007: 7th ranked offense, 6th in scoring

It's surprising Del Rio fired him and he never received another OC job since then.

At first I wanted Lynn as the lesser of evils, but because he's still under contract and may not get any of the jobs, my best case is Richard, with Lynn kept as the OC, and maybe Bradley under Richard if that's possible. I also think that combo of Richard and Lynn means Tyrod stays.

At first I wanted Lynn as the lesser of evils, but because he's still under contract and may not get any of the jobs, my best case is Richard, with Lynn kept as the OC, and maybe Bradley under Richard if that's possible. I also think that combo of Richard and Lynn means Tyrod stays.

Those moves would result in playoffs imo.

I'd be on-board with this.

FWIW, Bradley's resume to become the Skins D Coord: http://www.csnmidatlantic.com/washington-redskins/redskins-defensive-coordinator-resume-gus-bradley

I liked this in 2011 "It’s amazing how the addition of some talented players can suddenly transform a defense from near the bottom of the heap one season to a top-10 unit the next. Sherman was a rookie, still learning while the safeties were hitting their stride."

We could use a Safety or two, I believe - seems like he might have some insight into what makes a good one...

@SalSports

Bills were impressed by Kris Richard's energy/enthusiasm.But at this point based on conversations I believe Lynn/McDermott are front runners

It would take guts to tab Richard...But he's an impressive possibility...I really like the idea to be honest...I'll take Richard or McDermott and be happy...

I just get the feeling, and maybe it's a wishful feeling, they are looking for any excuse not to hire Lynn...And I don't think that's a bad thing... B-)

@SalSports

Bills were impressed by Kris Richard's energy/enthusiasm.But at this point based on conversations I believe Lynn/McDermott are front runners

McDermott will bore the living hell out of us. He makes Dick Jauron look like Curly Howard, comparatively-speaking. But maybe a lifeless, soulless ginger could break the streak of mediocrity.

McDermott will bore the living hell out of us. He makes Dick Jauron look like Curly Howard, comparatively-speaking. But maybe a lifeless, soulless ginger could break the streak of mediocrity.

I like McDermott...But that was funny... :lol: