GM Doug Whaley's end of season press conference

Rico

• Replies 834
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bills want to shut the media up? Become a model organization and start WINNING. Continue to be a 17 year NFL joke with a dysfunctional front office, the media will eat you up.

How do you think the NYC media would treat this franchise if it happened to be downstate? Exactly the same.

Could not agree more, imagine the nerve of the media questioning a dysfunctional, mediocre, 17 year .500 club with a horrendous draft record!

Something that seems to be getting lost in all this Rex firing stuff. He took responsibility for a lot of things thate he has been criticized for in the past. EJ was my call and I was wrong. 7-9 not good enough. The buck stops with me etc.

But he was flat lying, too. And it was obvious. Whaley gave a couple buck stops here comments that weren't really true. Fans and I guess reporters expect way, way too much out of these things. You never get the truth.

Yes! Rex did a great job! Had the players playing with discipline and focus. He also built a dominant defense just like he promised. ALL-IN!

Again, I just don't agree that he was given a fair opportunity - especially with all of the injuries and suspensions etc. McCoy was given four full years with a worse winning percentage and an all pro QB. Rex was given less than two years without a Philip Rivers.

As it is, the defense that we had this past year performed better against common opponents compared to the defense of the guy many here tout as the defensive Svengali.

As for discipline and focus, yesterday's game may have shown that Rex was the only guy keeping it together.

Yep. Every team that has fired coaches over the years has had the owner come out and explain why.

Jason Cole: another in a long line of media clueless.

Maybe not, but I would think that the GM that came out to explain why would have a better answer than "I dunno"

Something that seems to be getting lost in all this Rex firing stuff. He took responsibility for a lot of things thate he has been criticized for in the past. EJ was my call and I was wrong. 7-9 not good enough. The buck stops with me etc.

Yes. Plus he took responsibility for the player contracts (negotiated by guys in Brandon's reporting line), and said unequivocally he agreed with the decision to hire Rex.

Again, I just don't agree that he was given a fair opportunity - especially with all of the injuries and suspensions etc. McCoy was given four full years with a worse winning percentage and an all pro QB. Rex was given less than two years without a Philip Rivers.

As it is, the defense that we had this past year performed better against common opponents compared to the defense of the guy many here tout as the defensive Svengali.

As for discipline and focus, yesterday's game may have shown that Rex was the only guy keeping it together.

You're going down with this ship eh Peter? I supported the Rex hire and I want continuity but my goodness, did he ever earn his dismissal.

I saw the presser. It made me scared for the future of the Bills. I was bullish on Whaley at the beginning of the season. I am not so sure anymore. After watching the presser I felt like Whaley is a figurehead GM and not in the loop on anything except scouting players.

I have no idea what to think about the future of our Buffalo Bills. Feels like the Pegulas are meddling and unwilling to give up control and yet not qualified to run a franchise properly.

C

Maybe not, but I would think that the GM that came out to explain why would have a better answer than "I dunno"

I'm not conflating Whaley's lack of finesse at PCs with a reporter's cluelessness about how things are usually handled around the league.

Since no one has posted the video... all I have to go by is commentary...

Basically the Pegulas hired Rex, Whaley signed off on it. We don't know if Whaley had complaints or not about Rex during the last two seasons. Pegulas fired Rex possibly without consulting Whaley. Whaley is now in charge of this coaching hire.

That's basically it, right?

Since no one has posted the video... all I have to go by is commentary...

Basically the Pegulas hired Rex, Whaley signed off on it. We don't know if Whaley had complaints or not about Rex during the last two seasons. Pegulas fired Rex possibly without consulting Whaley. Whaley is now in charge of this coaching hire.

That's basically it, right?

For the most part yea. Other fine details also but that's the idea.