GM Doug Whaley's end of season press conference

Rico

• Replies 834
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed....but it was within his power to take control of that and did not.

Like I said....DW could have just said he isnt answering questions regarding the RR firing....a statement has been issued.....any other questions. I would have like to see him totally military that up.

agreed

Nah, it's because the Bills piss on their head and tell them it's raining. All Whaley has to do is not tell 40 lies in 45 minutes.

Yep. He should have told them the truth. He should have stood up there and said "I didn't want Rex first. He wasnt my first choice. I never should have listened to my bosses. I should have threatened to quit if I didn't get my way. Rex was a lousy coach when it comes down to it. His defense sucked. He's a big mouth and he ruined this team and season. And Im glad he's gone. The owners really screwed up this one."

Edited by Kelly the Dog

a bunch of questions that mean nothing going forward. The media had an agenda and made themselves look pretty bad. Why do the Bills or Whaley have to divulge how and why the Pegulas make decisions? Why did some of them take personal shots at Whaley? Whaley sucks at public speaking but its part of his job to come out and sit in front of a bunch of asshats to answer a bunch of BS questions over and over.

Who's making the decisions at OBD and how those decisions are made means nothing going forward when we're about to start another coaching search and have to decide if we want to keep Tyrod? Are you joking?

What do you think were the right questions to ask then?

Edited by Bangarang

The Bills want to shut the media up? Become a model organization and start WINNING. Continue to be a 17 year NFL joke with a dysfunctional front office, the media will eat you up.

How do you think the NYC media would treat this franchise if it happened to be downstate? Exactly the same.

Pasta, this may come as a shock but employees take bullets for their employers.

And they lose credibility by deceiving or not having the answers. I've seen plenty of corporate shills in my life. The Pegulas threw Whaley under the bus, and he let it happen. That's sad.

Public speaking is perhaps Whaley's biggest weakness. People here want to say he's dim, but it's clear he has a speech impediment he's worked hard to overcome -- and when stressed, it takes effort for him to keep it in check.

That said, Whaley could have taken more control over this press conference but hasn't. That's on him.

There are also a ton of ridiculous questions being hurled at him by ridiculous men doing their job poorly.

It's 50/50.

He's not dim. I know him personally.

Let's hope this finally works out for ALL our sakes............

"I wasn't privy to that"

"You'll have to ask the owners"

"That's a decision for the Pegulas"

Why aren't the Pegulas here?

"I speak for ownership"

:lol:

Hilarity at it's finest.

He might have better said. I am here as required. To speak to you. But i am not saying anything.

that's why the media ran a tactical assault on his petard.

I don't really give a **** about any of this crap, it doesn't win games, it is a press conference. Anybody defending the media, has an axe to grind with the team not winning enough. I get the disappointment really. That doesn't make any of this huge PC in the medias mind me anything. They would have you believe no one would come to work for this dysfunctional organization. BS. Whaley should just go out and find his coach and QB and make the playoffs next year and all will be fine............No wait it won't, there will still be those who will **** on everything.....that is always the case. In this age of social media nobody is ever really happy.

He totally protected Rex and he totally protected the Pegulas, as well as at different times, Overdorf and Brandon.

I was thinking pegulas, whom they have decided to protect is another matter.

Terry to Whaley " this is gonna hurt "

whaley " yessir "

Terry " I mean , alot "

Whaley " oh dear"

Who's making the decisions at OBD and how those decisions are made means nothing going forward when we're about to start another coaching search and have to decide if we want to keep Tyrod? Are you joking?

What do you think were the right questions to ask then?

Does the answers to those questions effect you as a fan at all? Do you have any outcome on any of those answers?If you didn't like how decisions were being made are you going to turn in your fan card?

I don't really give a **** about any of this crap, it doesn't win games, it is a press conference. Anybody defending the media, has an axe to grind with the team not winning enough. I get the disappointment really. That doesn't make any of this huge PC in the medias mind me anything. They would have you believe no one would come to work for this dysfunctional organization. BS. Whaley should just go out and find his coach and QB and make the playoffs next year and all will be fine............No wait it won't, there will still be those who will **** on everything.....that is always the case. In this age of social media nobody is ever really happy.

Pretty much how I feel.

This doesn't change a thing and it wasn't going to. Whaley is here, he's picking the coach, if he gets it wrong he'll be fired.

s but we as fans have absolutely no say in how the organization is structured. The Pegulas are going to do what they are going to do.

Edited by Wayne Cubed