Chris Polian

Tipster19

I'm bedridden for the next few days so I'm really not into debating but I'm going to throw an concept out there and would appreciate some input/opinions.

I've always appreciated what I perceived as commitment, loyalty and dedication to the Bills' franchise from Russ Brandon and his desciple Doug Whaley but in these last few years (as I think about it it was in and around Ralph's demise) all this dysfunctionality, internal leaks and these retarded !@#$ing contracts. I'm starting to buy in that maybe a total purge is in order. That brings me to Chris Polian, more importantly the Polians. Although Bill may be too old to be a full blown GM I believe that being a senior advisor would be ideally suited for him. Making his son Chris the GM, like a GM apprentice like he was trying to do in Indiapolis, would be a great fit here in Buffalo. There's several reasons why I think that this could be a possibility and also work.

1. Fusing the old with the new way of thinking,

2. It would motivate Bill to consider such a position.

3. I fully support that a GM should select his own coach and if Whaley is the one being mealy mouth then he needs to go.

4. The Polians for many reasons would have our best interest at heart.

5. Being a long term NFL man Polian has relationships with plenty of personnel, we need to have that utilized more than ever.

6. It's time for a new era, completely.

I'm bedridden for the next few days so I'm really not into debating but I'm going to throw an concept out there and would appreciate some input/opinions.

I've always appreciated what I perceived as commitment, loyalty and dedication to the Bills' franchise from Russ Brandon and his desciple Doug Whaley but in these last few years (as I think about it it was in and around Ralph's demise) all this dysfunctionality, internal leaks and these retarded !@#$ing contracts. I'm starting to buy in that maybe a total purge is in order. That brings me to Chris Polian, more importantly the Polians. Although Bill may be too old to be a full blown GM I believe that being a senior advisor would be ideally suited for him. Making his son Chris the GM, like a GM apprentice like he was trying to do in Indiapolis, would be a great fit here in Buffalo. There's several reasons why I think that this could be a possibility and also work.

3. I fully support that a GM should select his own coach and if Whaley is the one being mealy mouth then he needs to go.

5. Being a long term NFL man Polian has relationships with plenty of personnel, we need to have that utilized more than ever.

You didn't mention 1 good thing Chris Polian has done in the NFL

Fire Whaley, He has done a poor job, Poor drafts, Poor coaching picks. clean house

I feel the same way about that as I do about Tyrod: if you want to part ways, who do you have to replace him?

I'm not saying he's great, but I think he's better than the unholy combination of Brandon as de-facto GM then Nix.

and I really don't think firing Whaley will stop the leaks. I think Brandon needs to take a broom to his side of the organization, if he isn't part of the sweepings.

But don't hold your breath waiting on that to happen.

PS no to Chris Polian. A big part of what went wrong for Bill Polian in Indy was nepotism and relying on Chris Polian's talent evaluation.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan

Get better, Tipster!

Time for a new era so let's go backwards.

I can't really do any kind of research because I'm stuck in a hospital but I was really counting on Bill showing Chris on how to be a GM. I think Chris has headed the scouting dept in Jacksonville the last couple/few years and the Jaguars seem to have accumalated some nice young talent during that time. Anyways it might be a rotten idea but guess what I really don't have much to do. Lol! Btw, thanks for the well wishes Rico and C.Biscuit, much appreciated!

Anyways, speaking of nepotism there is always the Shanahans, which I suggested in an earlier post but wasn't received too warmly. Before I forget , I just read where Wade Philips might be a FA coach. As we all know he runs a great defense and he's one heck of a D.C. I don't like Dennis Thurman at all and would love to see him replaced. Should Wade be that guy?

Fire Whaley, He has done a poor job, Poor drafts, Poor coaching picks. clean house

:thumbsup:

probably next time though

I can't really do any kind of research because I'm stuck in a hospital but I was really counting on Bill showing Chris on how to be a GM. I think Chris has headed the scouting dept in Jacksonville the last couple/few years and the Jaguars seem to have accumalated some nice young talent during that time. Anyways it might be a rotten idea but guess what I really don't have much to do. Lol! Btw, thanks for the well wishes Rico and C.Biscuit, much appreciated!

Anyways, speaking of nepotism there is always the Shanahans, which I suggested in an earlier post but wasn't received too warmly. Before I forget , I just read where Wade Philips might be a FA coach. As we all know he runs a great defense and he's one heck of a D.C. I don't like Dennis Thurman at all and would love to see him replaced. Should Wade be that guy?

Rather have Wade as HC. Lynn isn't ready as he has always been a position coach until mid September and listening to him talking to the media shows he isn't ready to be a HC.

No i dont want Polians anywhere near the Bills. Game has passed Bill by and Chris is trash that has lived off Bills rep

Brandon picked Marrone while the Pegulas hired Rex and I'll ask you how have the Bills won 24 games in the last three seasons if the players and coaching have been so bad? Mediocre, not horrible.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Dont let facts get in they way

Drafts have been pretty decent

Never picked his coach

You didn't mention 1 good thing Chris Polian has done in the NFL

Was born to Bill. That makes it a obvious choice for the nostalgia hire people

Two guys who worked for Chris in Indy have been GMs for 4 years now and he's still not back... he's been working for Caldwell in Jax. if you think Whaley hides from the media, you should see this guy. He's best behind the scenes. I do not think he has the chops to be an NFL GM.

Haha, Chris Polian. Dude won't sniff a NFL job if not for his daddy. His buddies who Bill helped get jobs in SD and Jacksonville aren't exactly killing it either. Review his job in Indy and you will see why we shouldn't even consider it.

But hope you feel better!

+1. Chris is a terrible personnel man. Whaley is hands down better.

I hope you are feeling better and are doing well.

Looking back for a solution to the present rarely works. Polian did a fantastic job with the Bills. That era is over. Nostalgia in football is a recipe for failure and rarely leads to success.

As Sisypean pointed out in his post the junior Polian's work product has not been too impressive.