Marv Levy would be interested in HC position if offered

Jerry Jabber

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2016/12/marv_levy_would_consider_buffalo_bills_head_coaching_job_if_offered.html

By far he was the best coach in Bills history, but I don't know if it's a good idea at his age to come back.

Would love it but until this organization is cleaned out it would just ruin his legacy.

He did draft Kyle Williams so he is the second best GM ever !! :D

He would bring in the best coaches, run a tight/organized/disciplined ship, and instill a winning attitude and culture into the Bills for the first time since....

Surely he would also choose a few of his former players as key position coaches.

Just saying.

Shoot, either one of the two presidential candidates would have been almost 80 near the end of their second term, running a country, and leading the free world. This is a just a little ol' football team, a game.

I counted him as washed up when the Bills first hired him so I'll never discount what Marv can do to for a team.

he is a leader of men, something severely lacking in this franchise.

I listened to the whole interview. Glad to hear Marv is doing well.

Blame him all you want for the lost Super Bowls, he's given me more good Bills memories than any other coach in my lifetime.

This

Would love it but until this organization is cleaned out it would just ruin his legacy.

He did draft Kyle Williams so he is the second best GM ever !! :D

he is a leader of men, something severely lacking in this franchise.

Amen brother. Something this organization has failed miserably at over the last 20 years is finding replacements for Marv and Jim. Marv was a leader of men.

Now wait a second people.... Oldest coach to ever win a playoff game???

Oldest returning head coach in history?

Oldest coach to take a team to the superbowl?

This isn't out of the realm of possibility.

Marv WAS a leader of men... Give him a young Cardale Jones to influence like he influenced a young Jim Kelly and Andre Reed?.... I don't LOVE the idea... But I don't hate it either!

Edited by #34fan

Yes, I believe Marv is overrated. I love him, I really do. Several excellent regular seasons. Let's take Jim Kelly, Thurman, Bruce, Andre, and the stars off the team. Then what?

Another question might be what would somebody like Wade Phillips have done with that talent? Who knows?

What I do know is that he could not win a Super Bowl. And when he was our GM he really did suck.

I love Marv Levy. Age is not the only reason I don't want him back.

Moot point anyway. He's not under consideration. Right?

Yes, I believe Marv is overrated. I love him, I really do. Several excellent regular seasons. Let's take Jim Kelly, Thurman, Bruce, Andre, and the stars off the team. Then what?

Another question might be what would somebody like Wade Phillips have done with that talent? Who knows?

What I do know is that he could not win a Super Bowl. And when he was our GM he really did suck.

What was he rated to do win four Super Bowls?

Like it or not, Marv Levy is a Hall of Fame coach for many very good reasons. Yes, the Bills had a number of great players in the 1990s. But there are plenty of teams that had immense talent but wasted it because of poor coaching and a lack or leadership. Marv deserves our undying gratitude and respect. Now, he is 91 years removed from his birth. So he doesn't get another shot at coaching. But let's not disrespect him by calling him overrated.

was it really even necessary to comment on a 91 year old as a possible head coaching hire?

And take all the best players off any team and they will likely not win as much as before. Come on!