Season observations, this team is good.

ThrowingFitz

Firstly, I really wish all the negativity around this team would stop. Its not fair to the players, the organization, and the fans that truly love this team. That being said, I want to congratulate the team on a valiant effort this year. I cannot remember watching a full season of Bills football with such great anticipation. Every week this team showed up to play, and last weeks OT loss capped off what I feel was the theme of the season. It was a terrific effort with victory snatched away by a narrow margin. Speculation aside, this team was relevant all year and there is a culture shift happening.

Some pros for the 2016 Bills season:

McCoy matured as a player to represent our organization. I'm not just saying this from a statistic perspective, Shady played with maximum effort every game. He is now truly a Buffalo Bill in my eyes.

Robert Woods is an underrated receiver and I truly hope he gets resigned. So many times the less flashy aspects of the game are over looked. Woods put his body on the line with every block he threw and every over the middle catch he made. This guy plays hard and deserves a spot on the roster.

Our running offense was simply spectacular. This team ran at will on some pretty good defenses. Not only will our running game finish 1st after this weeks game, we will have finished 1st in convincing fashion.

The offensive line has improved dramatically over the past couple years. The run blocking schemes are nothing short of brilliant every game.

Sammy Watkins is spectacular and makes defenses look silly. Get him healthy this off season and get ready to see what this kid can do.

Our pass defense is currently ranked 7th in a passing league. Gilmore and Darby got back to old form around mid season and never looked back. Also considering all the passing rule changes these guys looked pretty good.

Team penalties were drastically reduced. This means our players are not resorting to cheating and showing discipline with their technique.

EJ has been given time to develop behind our starting QB. This was the original plan if you all remember!

Tyrod has proven to be a serviceable quarterback showing flashes of brilliance at times.

Kyle just keeps playing his hardest every game. His work ethic is what should define this team and the city of Buffalo.

I also want to give honorable mention to Lorenzo Alexander, Charles Clay, Felton, and Hughes for showing up every week. I can't remember the last time we had such a deep roster.

The strength of schedule was tough this year. There was never a game I felt like the Bills had no chance and that's saying a lot compared to even a few years ago. A couple bad ref calls, maybe a better ball spot or one less broken tackle and we are in the playoffs. This team has talent on both sides of the ball. Lastly and perhaps most importantly, we have owners that not only want to see the team win like we used to, they are willing to pay staffing and players to get there. Blowing up the organization is what 17 years of frustration will do. I too want my team to win. However, this is a different team than we have had through the drought. Despite the record, this team is a contender and I will wait with great anticipation for the 2017 season the begin.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Promo -Lmao I forgot that clip. In reality this team has plenty of talent they are going to finish 9-7, 8-8 and most likely 8-8. This team just needs a few breaks to be 11-5 and then some playoff experience etc... Is KC more talented? I don't think so but they are well coached.

Don't disagree with most of what you said. Hate the negativity, especially surrounding Whaley who I feel has had less of a say about the last two coaches than Russ Brandon had. But at this point, I'm done feeling good about 8-8 or 7-9 seasons. After 17 years, it's playoffs or bust

this team was projected at 9-7 10-6 tops

losses @ baltimore no shame there tough place to play

@ seattle on a monday night played great can't beat the 12th man

@ raiders a top team that was clicking

steelers playing them earlier might have had a chance, played them as they were rolling - look out

Dolphins last game was super tight, yes Ajayi ran us over but make a FG

the one that kills in the Jets a season changer in week 2

Bring key components back we are looking at 10-6 projection again with an easier schedule, and even though its a broken record needs to be said

injured and suspened players Dareus, Aaron Williams, Watkins back

this isnt a oh my god we can't compete blow it up were 2-14 two years in a row were in the mess at 7-8-9 with like 14 other teams

what seperates them....schedule. The league is schedule driven = beat the bad teams

The thing is there was more good to watch than bad. I can remember a few seasons ago knowing full well this team would get decimated on certain matchups. In the past I hoped they would find a way to win but more often than not they wouldn't. This year was different. The team competed strongly in just about every game.

Nice post - agree on all counts.

Very entertaining product - good or bad. Couple more things things bounce our way and the drought would be over. Definitely close.

Eh. Probably the most entertaining games were Seattle and Miami and they were losses. Games like Cincy, Baltimore, & Jacksonville were some of the worst football games I have ever watched.

That said, there are plenty of good pieces on this team. It should be a playoff type team if the right moves are made.

it's the same old Bills, they drive me nuts with stupid errors that force tough losses year in and year out. Every year it's a could have, should have, would have.... if we were healthy, if we did this, if we got a break, etc... I'm 45 years in this mess and it was not that entertaining, it was draining. A die-hard Bills fan needs a little satisfaction once in awhile. Going 1-5 or 2-4 in the division isn't going to get anyone anywhere. The Jets and Phins losses are hard to swallow. We were a better team. We should have the killer instinct to take down the Raiders, get by the Hawks and take down the Ravens. 4-4 at home is not going to cut it either.

THIS SEASON WAS A HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT and Rex let this team down by screwing up the D. I am glad he is gone. Clean the clown house and bring some serious football back to Buffalo. Even Sammy wants that.

Firstly, I really wish all the negativity around this team would stop. Its not fair to the players, the organization, and the fans that truly love this team. That being said, I want to congratulate the team on a valiant effort this year. I cannot remember watching a full season of Bills football with such great anticipation. Every week this team showed up to play, and last weeks OT loss capped off what I feel was the theme of the season. It was a terrific effort with victory snatched away by a narrow margin. Speculation aside, this team was relevant all year and there is a culture shift happening.

McCoy matured as a player to represent our organization. I'm not just saying this from a statistic perspective, Shady played with maximum effort every game. He is now truly a Buffalo Bill in my eyes.

Robert Woods is an underrated receiver and I truly hope he gets resigned. So many times the less flashy aspects of the game are over looked. Woods put his body on the line with every block he threw and every over the middle catch he made. This guy plays hard and deserves a spot on the roster.

Our running offense was simply spectacular. This team ran at will on some pretty good defenses. Not only will our running game finish 1st after this weeks game, we will have finished 1st in convincing fashion.

The offensive line has improved dramatically over the past couple years. The run blocking schemes are nothing short of brilliant every game.

Sammy Watkins is spectacular and makes defenses look silly. Get him healthy this off season and get ready to see what this kid can do.

Our pass defense is currently ranked 7th in a passing league. Gilmore and Darby got back to old form around mid season and never looked back. Also considering all the passing rule changes these guys looked pretty good.

Team penalties were drastically reduced. This means our players are not resorting to cheating and showing discipline with their technique.

EJ has been given time to develop behind our starting QB. This was the original plan if you all remember!

Tyrod has proven to be a serviceable quarterback showing flashes of brilliance at times.

Kyle just keeps playing his hardest every game. His work ethic is what should define this team and the city of Buffalo.

I also want to give honorable mention to Lorenzo Alexander, Charles Clay, Felton, and Hughes for showing up every week. I can't remember the last time we had such a deep roster.

The strength of schedule was tough this year. There was never a game I felt like the Bills had no chance and that's saying a lot compared to even a few years ago. A couple bad ref calls, maybe a better ball spot or one less broken tackle and we are in the playoffs. This team has talent on both sides of the ball. Lastly and perhaps most importantly, we have owners that not only want to see the team win like we used to, they are willing to pay staffing and players to get there. Blowing up the organization is what 17 years of frustration will do. I too want my team to win. However, this is a different team than we have had through the drought. Despite the record, this team is a contender and I will wait with great anticipation for the 2017 season the begin.

I like your optimism.

You have not been around here long enough to have it beaten out of you I see. Hold on to your optimism. I like it.

it's the same old Bills, they drive me nuts with stupid errors that force tough losses year in and year out. Every year it's a could have, should have, would have.... if we were healthy, if we did this, if we got a break, etc... I'm 45 years in this mess and it was not that entertaining, it was draining. A die-hard Bills fan needs a little satisfaction once in awhile. Going 1-5 or 2-4 in the division isn't going to get anyone anywhere. The Jets and Phins losses are hard to swallow. We were a better team. We should have the killer instinct to take down the Raiders, get by the Hawks and take down the Ravens. 4-4 at home is not going to cut it either.

THIS SEASON WAS A HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT and Rex let this team down by screwing up the D. I am glad he is gone. Clean the clown house and bring some serious football back to Buffalo. Even Sammy wants that.

:thumbsup:

I'm guessing you and the drought baby are in the same high school class.

Stay positive, grasshopper. In a few years, you'll be like the rest of us.

8-8 is cancer. Not good enough for playoffs not bad enough for top draft status. 8-8 is why we are 17 years and counting

The only thing mediocrity keeps us from is drafting a top 5 QB. Other quality players can be found later on. I hate this excuse that the franchise and fans have made for our struggles. Consistently successful organizations like the Steelers certainly don't lack quality players from constantly having later first round picks. We don't need to find more talented players. We need to figure out how to build a cohesive team with a plan. Mid first round picks aren't what's keeping us from doing so. What's stopping us is this franchise lacking a clear vision of what they want this team to be.

I liked the hire of Rex but I was wrong about him. I don't even think Rex was Rex and didn't run his own defense but that's another conversation.

Rex just isn't a good HC. It's an incredibly unique talent. And there are several ways to succeed. But you need to be a leader of men, not just their friend. NFL games are so often decided by 2-3 plays. This team was very close to being 11-5 and also very close to being 6-9. The difference is having a good HC, hiring good assistants, and having some luck. There is an argument to be made that because of the injuries this year we really couldn't have done much better. But Rex clearly failed at getting his team ready, and being fundamentally sound, and being disciplined.

8-8 is cancer. Not good enough for playoffs not bad enough for top draft status. 8-8 is why we are 17 years and counting

I agree...We had 3 seasons of mediocrity (7-9) with Dick Jauron...Now two back to back 8-8 with Rex sandwiched by a bunch of 6-10/7-9 and 9-7....The only time they were bad was they picked Dareus and that hasn't really worked out.

The only thing mediocrity keeps us from is drafting a top 5 QB. Other quality players can be found later on. I hate this excuse that the franchise and fans have made for our struggles. Consistently successful organizations like the Steelers certainly don't lack quality players from constantly having later first round picks. We don't need to find more talented players. We need to figure out how to build a cohesive team with a plan. Mid first round picks aren't what's keeping us from doing so. What's stopping us is this franchise lacking a clear vision of what they want this team to be.

But it is the important position you need to find stability. The same Steelers are in the playoffs because of Big Ben at the helm for the past 10-12 seasons.