Discipline: Watkins & Shady Say Bills Need a Culture Change

26CornerBlitz

Lynn so strict!! In his first presser he praised the players not even a week after Jay freaking Ajayi busted their asses for 200 yards AGAIN! What was it he said? No quit in these guys?

to be fair, maybe he meant the offense, of which he was in charge

The defense on the other hand sent an obvious message what they thought of wrecks. I hate the term "players coach" , in order to be one you have to know how to strike the right balance, if not you just become a "played coach"

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@JoeBuscaglia

Things got real with #Bills WR Sammy Watkins today on the state of the team and what they need. Worth a listen by all fans.

https://twitter.com/i/videos/tweet/814546690862698497

@SalSports

Sammy says next Bills coach being a disciplinarian would be good for team. Compared it to Dabo Swinney at Clemson and how he changed culture

Sammy: "Whatever needs to be addressed on field, off field....just being a professional....coaches have to be hard on us. Not scared of us."

Sammy (cont): "...get at us, yell at us, curse at us. Whatever to get the players to do that job. That's what (coaches) need to do"

I thought that was called being a professional. The more words that come out of OBD, I think we are all seeing what a toxic loser culture there is down there.

to be fair, maybe he meant the offense, of which he was in charge

The defense on the other hand sent an obvious message what they thought of wrecks. I hate the term "players coach" , in order to be one you have to know how to strike the right balance, if not you just become a "played coach"

Yah I didn't like the comment but if he directed it at that offense and indirectly called out the defense I would have loved it. I agree on the players coach stuff.

I thought that was called being a professional. The more words that come out of OBD, I think we are all seeing what a toxic loser culture there is down there.

See how Belichick handles his team vs. Rex. Jerry Hughes cheap shots a Bengals o linemen away from the play and Rex doesn't nothing. Zero accountability.

Didn't we have a coach that was a total disciplinarian hard-ass who held guys accountable? Before the Pegulas?

Yes, except he didn't hold himself accountable. Part of the "Saint Doug" ethos was setting things up just right so that the blame could never fall on him. That act wore thin very quickly.

Yes, except he didn't hold himself accountable. Part of the "Saint Doug" ethos was setting things up just right so that the blame could never fall on him. That act wore thin very quickly.

Yeah, sure.

Sammy may as well hold up a sign that says OBD has !@#$ed up letting Marrone go and hiring a loser joke like Rex.

@mikerodak

Sammy Watkins says the Bills' culture needs to change. He says "discipline" needs to be addressed on and off the... http://es.pn/2im5E0E

@MatthewFairburn

Sammy Watkins said he would like to see a strict, disciplinarian of a coach for the Bills to change the culture.

Sounds like Coughlin to me

What are you talking about?

When a player says we need a disciplinarian head coach, and he used to play for one until the Pegulas forced him out, and then played for the exact opposite kind of head coach who was an abject failure, the conclusion is obvious.

When a player says we need a disciplinarian head coach, and he used to play for one until the Pegulas forced him out, and then played for the exact opposite kind of head coach who was an abject failure, the conclusion is obvious.

It's obvious to you that he's talking about Doug Marrone? That's nuts.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/sammy-watkins-bills-culture-coaches-190839616.html

Buffalo Bills wide receiver Sammy Watkins talked to the media after the firing of head coach Rex Ryan. "Whatever needs to be addressed on field, off field....just being a professional....coaches have to be hard on us. Not scared of us."

This says it all to me. Rex the "players coach".