Taylor does have a groin issue after all; may need surgery

YoloinOhio

The money we would be paying tyrod doesn't allow us to keep what we have. We'd be losing good free agents instead of losing a middle of the road QB. It's all the same. We'd be losing what we have due to his contract

it is a difference of 9 mill on the cap to keep him vs cut him in 2017 Edited by YoloinOhio

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I didn't know a friggin' Pats fan paid so close attention to the Bills. Ask me if I care what you think. Don't you have a friggin' Pats board to occupy your time with?

He's right though. Carpenter was frickin' horrible this year. The difference between a good kicker and a bad kicker is a often a two-game swing given how close so many games are. Don't shoot the messenger.

He's right though. Carpenter was frickin' horrible this year. The difference between a good kicker and a bad kicker is a often a two-game swing given how close so many games are. Don't shoot the messenger.

Correct. And the difference between the lowest and highest paid kickers is only a few million, whereas the difference between the highest and lowest paid QB is like $30 million. Seems like a no-brainer.

Makes perfect sense.

If you are Tyrod you probably view this as a slap in the face.

After the best game of your life, where you played injured, led a 14 point comeback, took the lead with a minute left, THEN drove the team right down to score in OT:

"We're not sure you're good enough to pay you the contract you signed last spring, so we're benching you to make sure you don't get hurt so we can decide later."

I would say "F this joke of a team" if I were him. He's going to have options. There are some truly awful starting QBs in the NFL.

Please...

If he had done the same thing in more games the past two seasons there would never be any doubt about his future in Buffalo...

If you're the Bills you want to assume the Miami game is the turning point of his career?...Or...Do you want to go off the many chance he had to do the same prior to that only to come up short?

I'm not saying TT is not worth keeping or anything of the sort...But lets not make him out to be some sort of martyr here either...He played a great game vs Miami...Had he been able to cash in vs Oakland, Baltimore, and Seattle this year the Bills would have already clinched a spot...He is what he is...And it's not cut and dry... B-)

Edited by KOKBILLS

Yes, he had a below average season..but still is not the main reason why the Bills are not in the playoffs this year.

Yes, he had a below average season..but still is not the main reason why the Bills are not in the playoffs this year.

Not the main reason, of course. But they could be 8-7 or 9-6 right now with a really good kicker. They're plus 41 in points and their pythagorean projected record is 8.5-6.5. Really bad punting and kicking has hurt them. It definitely cost them the Miami game. http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/buf/2016.htm

Lynn says it's just a rest day and just today. More crap from reporters IMO. He may well have a tight groin, but he's been running wild for a month on it, and had the best game of his career on it last week, and would play this week on it if they would let him. So it's nonsense.

the report of the possible groin surgery is likely coming from the agent

Yep. And reporters are blowing it all out of proportion.

Well if he had complained enough to keep his name on the injury report and then undergoes surgery couldn't some view that as laying the ground work for a potential stand off over the injury clause?

Edited by Commonsense

Put yourself in Tyrod's shoes. You know other teams will want you. You're getting paid by someone.

Would you try to get out, given not only this benching but the constant leaks about the team not picking up your option?

Whatever little birdie was chirping away about Rex made sure to undermine Tyrod too with leaks about the team not picking up his deal.

It's bush league non-sense over there at OBD.

I'm guessing it wasn't Rex or Rob doing it since it made them look bad, so whoever was responsible is still there to screw with whoever is next up.

Marrone got that treatment. Rex got that treatment. Marrone getting the leak treatment makes me wonder if the leak is Russ, since Russ loved him and defended him constantly when he used to go on WGR every week.

Honestly, how many teams are going to pay Tyrod $20 million dollars?

Not the main reason, of course. But they could be 8-7 or 9-6 right now with a really good kicker. They're plus 41 in points and their pythagorean projected record is 8.5-6.5. Really bad punting and kicking has hurt them. It definitely cost them the Miami game. http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/buf/2016.htm

I guess my point is that there are 100-150 plays in a game each week. Easy to scapegoat the kicker for a single kick, and ignore any number of key plays in a game that make up the difference between winning and losing.