12-28: Media Day - Anthony Lynn's Presser as HC

26CornerBlitz

Lynn does deserve better. I like his loyalty and think the guy has a lot of character. I would not be surprised if he turns down working with Doug Whaley given his knowledge of what is happening behind the scenes.

Doug Whaley wants to lead the team and god his way in throwing Rex under the bus with ownership and the leaks.

If the guy wants to be a leader - then lead and do not be a coward by refusing to answer any questions this week.

Rex was not responsible for putting that stupid clause in the contract - the front office was.

How many times have we heard St. Doug Whaley say that he was in charge of the 53 and Rex was in charge of the 46. I guess that did not apply - especially when the GM agreed to that stupid clause in TT's contract.

This business of Hue Jackson and Schwartzy is humorous. Maybe, we now know where all this business about these guys was coming from. How do we even know how good coach Hue. Nothing against him, but given the year Cleveland is having (not really Hue's fault) how can Doug Whaley make the case that hey look at me and how right I was that Hue is a better HC?

As for Schwartzy, I posted last week (as I recall) that Schwartzy's defense had given up about the exact same amount of yards as the Bills have given up (even though the Eagles have not had the depth of injuries etc as the Bills have). I have nothing against Schwartz and appreciate that he did a good job for the year he was here, but all of this sounds like Whaley pushing his own narrative and working to undermine the HC.

It is a bad look. If Doug Whaley wants total control as GM he should stop being a coward - especially after undermining the HC with ownership and leaks to the media.

Doug, you got what you wanted, your absence this week only confirms my suspicions about you and deep disappointment. Again, this is all a bad look to anyone who might be in demand when they consider how the GM undermined the HC.

Oh please! He'll take the job with zero hesitation if it's offered.

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

While I agree that there is something not right and a very sketchy about whaley, I don't think he wants Lynn as the next HC like a lot of us were thinking. listening to this press conference, I don't think Lynn wants to be here and I am just not seeing a lot of support from the front office publicly for him. I think our HC comes from the outside.

It probably the third Ryan brother Jeff Weeks...who should have been fired yesterday as well...

I suspect that it was someone on the medical staff (Bills or NFL concussion protocol staff) or someone responsible for organizing the defensive backs that was responsible.

While I agree that there is something not right and a very sketchy about whaley, I don't think he wants Lynn as the next HC like a lot of us were thinking. listening to this press conference, I don't think Lynn wants to be here and I am just not seeing a lot of support from the front office publicly for him. I think our HC comes from the outside.

In the press conference, I thought i heard him come right out and say that YES he does want the job here in Buffalo.

Oh please! He'll take the job with zero hesitation if it's offered.

Maybe yes and maybe no - if he has other options.

Doug Whaley put him in a awful position today. He knows what Whaley did to Rex. He said he is going to keep his options open with other teams. He said that Doug would have to speak for himself. He (as anyone) would want a fair opportunity (certainly more than less than two years).

If this is his only option, chances are greater than 50/50 that he would. If he has other options, I think he would have misgivings after what has happened behind the scenes AND what Doug put him through today.

Fairly obvious Lynn wasn't prepped by anyone before the PC and he is not smart enough to get by on his own without said prep.

Makes everyone look bad, but that's nothing new around these parts.

You have made several comments regarding Lynn's intelligence, or lack thereof. Perhaps he was just extremely nervous and not comfortable given the situation and having to answer questions he should not have had to answer. Have you had to present information that you were not comfortable with because you were instructed to do so by a superior? It isn't easy.

I've always given the Pegulas the benefit of the doubt, but they screwed up big time today. To throw Lynn to the wolves at the first presser after firing Ryan and the first to answer why TT was being benched was amateurish at best. If I'm Lynn, I would do everything possible to find another HC job in another organization before I'd sign with the Bills. Whaley at least and better yet the Pegulas should have pulled up their big boy pants and held the first press conference after the Ryan firing not Lynn.

No kidding. I've seen more whiny comments on here the last 2 days...POOR,POOR Anthony Lynn had to do press conference by himself. Jeez

You guys are missing the freaking point:

Poor St. Doug Whaley should stand up, be the leader, and answer questions (or as you say "do press conference by himself"). Instead, he has been a coward by not doing so and by throwing the former coach under the bus.

Be a man Doug Whaley and as horned dog said: "do a press conference by himself. Jeez."

I suspect that it was someone on the medical staff (Bills or NFL concussion protocol staff) or someone responsible for organizing the defensive backs that was responsible.

Safeties are responsible for the player count. Not saying it's not true, but I've never heard of a coach being assigned counting duties.

On the other hand, it's the coaches (everyone from head coach down) responsibility to ensure their players are accountable for their jobs. Rex is a bad head coach, and it shows all the way through his teams.

Listening to the reactions here tells me why so many of you people were having orgasms over hiring Rex. It's all about the glib answers in the PC and interviews, the manly end-of-the-bar bluster, the guy who has a quick answer or a joke for every question, the guy who never gets caught out in a contradiction and knows how to play to the audience.

I thought he did fine, given the circumstances. I would never presume to judge whether Lynn could do the job based on a press conference.

I keep hearing about the "stupid clause" in TT's contract. Standard language league-wide with guaranteed contracts. I guess everybody else is stupid, too.

When you step back and analyze it, those clauses make perfect sense. Contract agreements rarely result in one side getting everything it wants and seeking protection for earnings that may not be realized due to injury, especially in a game like football, is a good thing for players. Witness the Carr and Mariotta events. Besides, the Bills are insured for the amount, anyway.

And while on the subject of sitting TT for a meaningless game, I just don't understand the uproar. At least not by those seeking to seek drama like some in the media. Here's a hypothetical: if TT had an All Pro year and removed EVERY doubt about his ability to be the franchise QB for this team, would anyone be all right with him playing and risking injury just the same? I know I wouldn't. The fact it's a good business decision while the Bills evaluate the QB situation makes it a smart move, as well.

The Buffalo News and others in the media only want to make this another dramatic "meddling" by the FO. They look stupid in doing so.

You guys are missing the freaking point:

Poor St. Doug Whaley should stand up, be the leader, and answer questions (or as you say "do press conference by himself"). Instead, he has been a coward by not doing so and by throwing the former coach under the bus.

Be a man Doug Whaley and as horned dog said: "do a press conference by himself. Jeez."

That will occur next week.

Maybe yes and maybe no - if he has other options.

Doug Whaley put him in a awful position today. He knows what Whaley did to Rex. He said he is going to keep his options open with other teams. He said that Doug would have to speak for himself. He (as anyone) would want a fair opportunity (certainly more than less than two years).

If this is his only option, chances are greater than 50/50 that he would. If he has other options, I think he would have misgivings after what has happened behind the scenes AND what Doug put him through today.

Come on! What Whaley did is get Rex the players he wanted in UFA and the draft. OBD allowed him to have 27 assistants on his staff including his twin brother. They then watched him fail miserably with regard to building an excellent defense and repeat the same old mistakes that plagued him as the NYJ HC.

Lynn has his big boy pants on and will not turn down his opportunity.

Safeties are responsible for the player count. Not saying it's not true, but I've never heard of a coach being assigned counting duties.

On the other hand, it's the coaches (everyone from head coach down) responsibility to ensure their players are accountable for their jobs. Rex is a bad head coach, and it shows all the way through his teams.

The buck stops with the head guy . . . but only people trying to push an anti Rex narrative that he was the one that was responsible for counting.

Rex was a man and took responsibility and did not throw anyone under the bus. Coaches and players (and people around the league) saw this and the character it showed. On the other hand, people around the league already taking note about Doug Whaley.

As for Schwartzy, I posted last week (as I recall) that Schwartzy's defense had given up about the exact same amount of yards as the Bills have given up (even though the Eagles have not had the depth of injuries etc as the Bills have). I have nothing against Schwartz and appreciate that he did a good job for the year he was here, but all of this sounds like Whaley pushing his own narrative and working to undermine the HC.

How is that an evaluation of Schwartz? It would be better to compare how Philly's D has changed from last year.

I keep hearing about the "stupid clause" in TT's contract. Standard language league-wide with guaranteed contracts. I guess everybody else is stupid, too.

When you step back and analyze it, those clauses make perfect sense. Contract agreements rarely result in one side getting everything it wants and seeking protection for earnings that may not be realized due to injury, especially in a game like football, is a good thing for players. Witness the Carr and Mariotta events. Besides, the Bills are insured for the amount, anyway.

And while on the subject of sitting TT for a meaningless game, I just don't understand the uproar. At least not by those seeking to seek drama like some in the media. Here's a hypothetical: if TT had an All Pro year and removed EVERY doubt about his ability to be the franchise QB for this team, would anyone be all right with him playing and risking injury just the same? I know I wouldn't. The fact it's a good business decision while the Bills evaluate the QB situation makes it a smart move, as well.

The Buffalo News and others in the media only want to make this another dramatic "meddling" by the FO. They look stupid in doing so.

You're obviously missing the point about TT. It's not that he's sitting, it's that the Buffalo horde thought they caught him in a lie (which they didn't, because they asked two different questions) and needed to call him out for it. And of course the fans that don't like Whaley are jumping on board because it's OBVIOUSLY Whaley's fault that the horde asked two different questions, got two different answers, and then acted as if they just found out Donald Trump was really a woman.

Really, nobody gives a rats ass about TT starting on Sunday.

The coward was afraid and has been afraid to answer any questions this week when the HC was fired. The Bills PR Department knows that he cannot get away without attending the end of year PC. By not making him available today, they cut down SUBSTANTIALLY the amount of time that he would have to answer questions as well as the focus of today v. next week.

Jesus he wants to be an NFL coach, that's what they do. Press conferences are , and will always be useless, meaningless crap. Poor Anthony Lynn, Where's DW?people are so damn whiny.

Poor was a poor choice of words...point was Whaley is clearly in charge now and he needs to take that responsibility -- that's not whining that's leadership..