12-28: Media Day - Anthony Lynn's Presser as HC

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ummmm... that wasn't an interview, it was a press conference. Big difference. Of course he is going to prepare like crazy for an interview. As just stated, he has been in the league for 24 years.

Standing at podium. Bunch of people asking you questions = interview. But I get your point. It's not equivalent to a private head coaching interview. No doubt he will prepare for that.

The part I said about him not interviewing well for a head coach job was if he appears to not be a quick thinker = witty. If he lacks wit, as a person, he will probably not interview well. That is all.

Like I said, that might have been a rare exception. Maybe we'll see. Maybe we won't.

Standing at podium. Bunch of people asking you questions = interview. But I get your point. It's not equivalent to a private head coaching interview. No doubt he will prepare for that.

The part I said about him not interviewing well for a head coach job was if he appears to not be a quick thinker = witty. If he lacks wit, as a person, he will probably not interview well. That is all.

Like I said, that might have been a rare exception. Maybe we'll see. Maybe we won't.

I doubt you're going to get much more out of him than you did today. He will be less nervous, as I think that showed. But he's not going to be witty. He's a no nonsense guy, an overachiever type. Edited by Kelly the Dog

Rex told Pegula that if you're going to fire me do it now - so they mutually agreed to do it with a week to go in the season.

Organizationally, they decided to start EJ against the Jets so as to not expose Tyrod to injury which would trigger the start of the pending contract signed in the spring.

This also gives the team a little more leverage than they had in renegotiating Tyrod's deal - at least until March.

I think Tyrod is the Bills QB until they find their "Tom Brady". Hopefully, he continues to grow and improve.

Whaley earned Pegula's trust and respect because a lot of his decisions have been proven correct.

He wanted Hue Jackson as HC & Schwartz to remain DC - seems like we should have gone in that direction now, doesn't it?

Sammy is proving to be nearly unstoppable - when healthy - not Whaley's fault Sammy has struggled with injury.

Whaley has added Incognito, Zach Brown and LorAx. Solid pro additions.

This is why Pegula put him in charge of the next coaching decision, he realizes he should have listened to him 2 years ago.

Whaley said he will do a press conference next week - when the season is over. He once said (I am paraphrasing) the Coach runs the show during the season, and he runs the off season.

However, Lynn should have been better prepared and been given a good reason to share as to why they are starting EJ over TT. Other than that, he should have only answered questions about Sunday/Jets. Regarding Rex - he could just have said he likes Rex and enjoyed working with him and he wishes him nothing but the best.

Fairly obvious Lynn wasn't prepped by anyone before the PC and he is not smart enough to get by on his own without said prep.

Makes everyone look bad, but that's nothing new around these parts.

Yup. I wonder if Lynn's superiors have any regrets about what they did or if they're just clueless (or worse, gutless about facing the music themselves).

It's funny reading these comments because I have always just thought of these so differently. I honestly don't think most of these give two craps about what these reporters say to them. It's annoying and aggravating to deal with the idiocy, but I really have a very hard time believing that Whaley and the Pegula's are shivering in their boots and hiding behind the curtain cause they're so scared to deal with the media!

I think it was a mistake that someone didn't address the media yesterday, but that's about it. Really not that big of a deal, except in the media horde universe where every story is Watergate and every question needs to be "hard hitting". Give me a break.

The optics with regards to this organization are appalling. That press conference was cringe-inducing. My God- this franchise is tough to stomach.

Isn't it about time the Pegula's applied the lessons of their Sabre experience and tossed a grenade into the building....blow it up?

I can only think after today that there is already a successor to Rex in place- and it's not A.Lynn. It's either Coughlin or, out of left field, Cowher.

The same Jimmy Sexton who didn't know Marrone's history and all but promised him another head coaching job if he quit the Bills? That Jimmy Sexton doesn't like the Bills?

Have to agree with one of the comments in that thread; his guys seem to be making out like bandits in all of this. Everyone getting paid to not work for the Bills.

That said, it does paint another sad picture of this organization.

Have to agree with one of the comments in that thread; his guys seem to be making out like bandits in all of this. Everyone getting paid to not work for the Bills.

That said, it does paint another sad picture of this organization.

Yes, the organization, despite its middling record in recent years, is officially an absolute joke. Anyone who can't see the toxicity and instability that currently pervades it isn't looking hard enough.

Whaley got what he wanted...now he needs to start acting like he is in charge. He is not teflon man any longer. He has to own everything that happens from yesterday forward with this franchise. That should have started with him addressing the media yesterday instead of rolling out poor Anthony Lynn as team spokesperson. Lynn did a serviceable job given that backdrop.

Talking to the fans -- even on the John Murphy show or a Chris Brown softball session-- is an important part of the job.

I know he is on the road scouting bowl games (Seniors only apparently) but he is now the face of this franchise and he needs to at least look like he understands the role--not roll out his first day coach to take the hits...