12-28: Media Day - Anthony Lynn's Presser as HC

26CornerBlitz

Did Demoff get roasted for saying Fisher would be back next year only to fire him a couple weeks later? Can you imagine the field day the Buffalo News would have with Brandon over something like that? Certain media members have CLEARLY drawn a line in the sand and they bring that agitation to EVERY press conference. Any semblance of non-bias is discarded. Who in their right minds would lend support to that kind of agenda?

And when did our fanbase develop the absurd idea that we are privy to every little inside detail of the organization? And on a schedule that suits us? It really is ridiculous and speaks to a naivete that TBN clearly caters to.

Very true.

I would bet anyone anything that because it is Wednesday and the firing happened Tuesday, that Lynn has spent 100% of available football hours preparing to coach his first game, the PR department told him he needs to speak at 11:30 or whatever, and he said let me know 5 minutes before I have to be there I will handle it. And that is the extent of it.

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very true.

I would bet anyone anything that because it is Wednesday and the firing happened Tuesday, that Lynn has spent 100% of available football hours preparing to coach his first game, the PR department told him he needs to speak at 11:30 or whatever, and he said let me know 5 minutes before I have to be there I will handle it. And that is the extent of it.

I agree. Which is why I think Lynn did a great job in his first PC as a HC. Knowing a little something about the in-season weekly structures and routines, firing a coach on a Tuesday in season is probably the WORST day to do it, especially for the coaches and players who are, you know, GETTING PREPARED TO PLAY A GAME. It's easy for us to pooh-pooh that, but it's important to them none the less. I know Lynn wants to go 1-0 in his first game as the HC, and I'll be interested to see the level of effort put forth by those that would like to see the same thing. I mean, is it possible our defense could run for the bus any more than they did vs. Pittsburgh?

I agree. Which is why I think Lynn did a great job in his first PC as a HC. Knowing a little something about the in-season weekly structures and routines, firing a coach on a Tuesday in season is probably the WORST day to do it, especially for the coaches and players who are, you know, GETTING PREPARED TO PLAY A GAME. It's easy for us to pooh-pooh that, but it's important to them none the less. I know Lynn wants to go 1-0 in his first game as the HC, and I'll be interested to see the level of effort put forth by those that would like to see the same thing. I mean, is it possible our defense could run for the bus any more than they did vs. Pittsburgh?

Yep. He even stated as such in the press conference. He said he wanted to not get the players out of their weekly routine as little as possible, in order to fully prepare for the game. He's been in the league 24 years. He obviously knows everything to know about press conferences and obviously doesn't really care for them like most coaches, except the ones that love the spotlight like Rex. IMO he was a little more nervous than he expected to be but that isn't a slam.

Yep. He even stated as such in the press conference. He said he wanted to not get the players out of their weekly routine as little as possible, in order to fully prepare for the game. He's been in the league 24 years. He obviously knows everything to know about press conferences and obviously doesn't really care for them like most coaches, except the ones that love the spotlight like Rex. IMO he was a little more nervous than he expected to be but that isn't a slam.

I can fully understand his nervousness. Especially in the context of taking the place of his self admitted good friend.

I also think he showed remarkable restraint in the face of those "reporters" who sought to further their pre-conceived story about "meddling" by harping on the decision to bench TT. It really is an ignorant take by the media when you think about it for a minute, but that's another thread.

Did Demoff get roasted for saying Fisher would be back next year only to fire him a couple weeks later? Can you imagine the field day the Buffalo News would have with Brandon over something like that? Certain media members have CLEARLY drawn a line in the sand and they bring that agitation to EVERY press conference. Any semblance of non-bias is discarded. Who in their right minds would lend support to that kind of agenda?

And when did our fanbase develop the absurd idea that we are privy to every little inside detail of the organization? And on a schedule that suits us? It really is ridiculous and speaks to a naivete that TBN clearly caters to.

The Rams are viewed as dysfunctional because the coach had no idea the GM got an extension until the media told him. That's embarrassing. Then a former player told the media that Stan Kronke refuses to talk to any players. Who would you rather work for, the Pegulas or Stan Kronke?

As far as the Jags, I think it's a team with potential but no QB. The GM is not well thought of in the league and the London thing sucks.

Edited by YoloinOhio

I thought Lynn handled the dumb "gotcha" questions pretty well. He seems like he enjoys talking to the media about as much as I enjoy watching them try to generate click-bait quotes.

That said, in my opinion the organization has bumbled this firing. I dislike the complete lack of transparency from the FO and the cloak and dagger way they avoid getting up in front of the press and explaining why they fired the HC, which I think they did have an obligation to do, both to the fans, the outgoing coach and the incoming interim coach. Combine that with the leaks and spin we have been seeing coming out of OBD the past few weeks and you have to believe the reports about a "toxic" environment in the building. I do find it interesting that similar reports of a "toxic" environment came up when Marrone walked out on the team. When you have the same time of issue upon 2 different HCs leaving it's hard not to conclude that the FO is the common factor here and maybe not the coaches, as the spin would have you believe. This is obviously all conjecture, but it doesn't take a lot to read the tea leaves and see we have a GM fighting for more control, possibly to the detriment of the team. It's also pretty clear they told Whaley he gets one shot to turn things around or else he is gone with the next HC, why else would they publicize that he will be in charge of the HC search?

Believe it or not, I actually agree with many of the things you state here.

And Demoff is the Rams Executive VP and COO, the Russ Brandon equivalent. Les Snead is the GM. Do Bills fans here complaining really want to see Russ out there fielding questions today?

It depends on how close to OBD they live and if they are well armed... :lol:

If Schwartz were such a god like figure as some make him out to be, one would think:

That his Eagles defense (without all of the Bills injuries and street free agents) would be head and shoulders above Rex.

That his HC record would not be so inferior to Rex's even though Schwartz had he benefit of Matthew Stafford.

I am not saying I do not like Schwartz, I just don't think that anything Schwartz has done is compelling evidence in favor of any secret recommendation that St. Doug Whaley made to the Pegulas two years ago.

so it's your bias against Whaley that makes you try to downplay Schwartz 's D?

so it's your bias against Whaley that makes you try to downplay Schwartz 's D?

I have nothing against Schwartz. I just don't think that he is the second coming of Vince Lombardi.

I also had nothing against Doug Whaley (and even gave him a pass re overpaying for Sammy etc.) until he undermined the former coach. That disgusts me. Watch your back whoever is the next Bills HC.

Trotter ought to try to get his facts straight before forging ahead with his commentary because he sounds ridiculous.

No where did anyone come close to saying that Sunday was a one day audition opportunity for A Lynn. Given that blatant contempt for the truth, why should I put ANY stock into ANYTHING Trotter spouts off on?

I'm surprised people aren't going off on Lynn naming Cardale Jones...er, EJ Manuel as the starter.

Mistake or something more?!

Somebody get to the bottom of this...

Let's be clear here: Lynn wants to win this game and he knows, like any of us, that TT gives him the best option to win.

It was NOT his decision to sit Taylor.

It was the front office.

It was a business decision to hedge against an injury to TT given the nature of the guaranteed dollars involved.

Trotter ought to try to get his facts straight before forging ahead with his commentary because he sounds ridiculous.

No where did anyone come close to saying that Sunday was a one day audition opportunity for A Lynn. Given that blatant contempt for the truth, why should I put ANY stock into ANYTHING Trotter spouts off on?

I don't necessarily disagree with you; Trotter also came off as trying to put the Rex and Marrone hires on Whaley, which isn't completely accurately. Just trying to relay what people are saying nationally.

I have nothing against Schwartz. I just don't think that he is the second coming of Vince Lombardi.

I also had nothing against Doug Whaley (and even gave him a pass re overpaying for Sammy etc.) until he undermined the former coach. That disgusts me. Watch your back whoever is the next Bills HC.

i don't think anyone is claiming he's that. People gave up on Rex because of what happened to the D. Rex took over, and it got much worse. In philly, under Schwartz there's been a significant improvement over last year. Everyone is frustrated, and looking for blame, and it's easy to find blame in anyone you want to scapegoat, though it's much easier to scapegoat Rex based on the data.

So more outside media bitching that that Bills don't communicate what they want and when they want it.

Also criticizing the FO for sending a guy out to answer questions above his pay grade.

1.) they don't HAVE to tell anybody anything about how decisions are made and this makes the media pissy pants (clearly)

2.) yes, the questions the media had WERE above Anthony Lynns pay grade...so DONT !@#$ING ASK THEM

This was the normal Wednesday presser, this was not a state of the franchise confab, much to the chagrin of the media and to the fans who predictably throw tantrums when they're not told what they want to know when they want to know it.

Is Byron Brown expected to answer to allegations of Russian tampering in the US elections? Hell no he's not so why would you show up to a budget hearing demanding that he is.

This notion that owners and members of the front office are compelled to answer questions just because the media and fans have them is utterly bogus and so out of touch with reality.

I respect the hell out of Wawrow, but get some perspective, man. Your interests as a reporter are not aligned with the Pegula's. never have never will be. So spare us the belly aching already.

So more outside media bitching that that Bills don't communicate what they want and when they want it.

Also criticizing the FO for sending a guy out to answer questions above his pay grade.

1.) they don't HAVE to tell anybody anything about how decisions are made and this makes the media pissy pants (clearly)

2.) yes, the questions the media had WERE above Anthony Lynns pay grade...so DONT !@#$ING ASK THEM

This was the normal Wednesday presser, this was not a state of the franchise confab, much to the chagrin of the media and to the fans who predictably throw tantrums when they're not told what they want to know when they want to know it.

Is Byron Brown expected to answer to allegations of Russian tampering in the US elections? Hell no he's not so why would you show up to a budget hearing demanding that he is.

This notion that owners and members of the front office are compelled to answer questions just because the media and fans have them is utterly bogus and so out of touch with reality.

I respect the hell out of Wawrow, but get some perspective, man. Your interests as a reporter are not aligned with the Pegula's. never have never will be. So spare us the belly aching already.

And why ask questions you already know the answer to?

"Who made the decision to sit TT"

That sh*t was announced like an hour after Rex was fired, you think Lynn made that decision? Obviously not.