12-28: Media Day - Anthony Lynn's Presser as HC

26CornerBlitz

The Pegulas have shown repeatedly they don't mind eating contracts.

I guess that is why TT is starting this week.

And yet another smart business decision from the GM you think is the spawn of satan

The GM who was responsible for that crippling clause in TT's contract? The GM who repeatedly said as night follows day that he was in charge of the 53 and Rex was in charge of the 46? Hmmm.

I do NOT think that St. Doug Whaley is the spawn of satan. I used to defend him until it became apparent he back stabbed and undermined the HC with ownership and the media.

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure how we got off course here. ARod throughly wore out his welcome. His GM publicly ragged on him and they had a public spat (through ARod's agent) and so on that level it made more sense for his GM to face the music about his departure. Not sure what the hell this has to do with Rex.

The Yankees are typically a sophisticated organization. How they let A Rod and Boras hoodwink them TWICE is beyond me - especially the second contract. No one was going to pay him that amount of money. The Yankees started to play hard ball with A Rod and caved for reasons that are beyond me.

I guess that is why TT is starting this week.

The GM who was responsible for that crippling clause in TT's contract? The GM who repeatedly said as night follows day that he was in charge of the 53 and Rex was in charge of the 46? Hmmm.

I do NOT think that St. Doug Whaley is the spawn of satan. I used to defend him until it became apparent he back stabbed and undermined the HC with ownership and the media.

Ummm you mean Overdorf right? Ooo you know who else is responsible for the 53 ALL GMs in the NFL that the coach doesnt have full control.

Love how you hate a guy because he did his job. What did Rex buy you wings every Wednesday or something?

Edited by MAJBobby

GM stands for GENERAL MANAGER.

Who is in charge of the front office?

Is Doug going to now throw Overdorf under the bus? Jim better get his affairs in order.

Except in a clear organizational chart that says contracts are handled by Overdorf

Facts are lost on you huh?

Except in a clear organizational chart that says contracts are handled by Overdorf

Facts are lost on you huh?

If he did not know and approve the terms of that contract then Doug has bigger problems than I suspected.

Terms like these are significant and effect the team on the field and the salary cap. I do not know what is worse, the GM approving this provision or the GM not knowing about it (or pretending not to know about it).

Edited by Peter

Pete here I recommend go read BuffalBills.com org chart you first see Overdorf handles contracts.

Then google Incognito contract negotiations. See whos name is written in EVERY article.

Wait unless you think Whaley hacked it all after the fact and built this fake info so he can pass blame.

If he did not know and approve the terms of that contract then Doug has bigger problems than I suspected.

Terms like these are significant and effect the team on the field and the salary cap. I do not know what is worse, the GM approving this provision or the GM not knowing about it (or pretending not to know about it).

Why because owner approves the contract.

Here i will explain how it works

Doug sets Max Value for player (i know i just opened up to the next complaint of an overpayment somewhere)

Overdorf negotiated the clauses structure cap hit etc

Owner signs and approves

See how that works

Yeah you guys are being idiots with this minutia. ARod hit about .100 over the last half of 2015 after a tremendous first half and the Yankees were desperately hoping for him to return to form in 2016.........because they were on a mandate to not spend as they have been trying desperately to get below the luxury tax threshold to reset their tax rate......and the contract was guaranteed so they had zero reason or motivation to cut him. The Bills were also desperately hoping Rex would return to form. But I guess the Pegula's weren't thinking about life sans Rex after 2015. Nope. Never occurred to them back then that this might happen. :doh::lol:

It was about money, it was controversial with the fans and media and it was somewhat unexpected they did it when they did it. And he was a beloved player there for over a decade. Yep. Just like the Rex situation. Jesus Christ.

Pete here I recommend go read BuffalBills.com org chart you first see Overdorf handles contracts.

Then google Incognito contract negotiations. See whos name is written in EVERY article.

Wait unless you think Whaley hacked it all after the fact and built this fake info so he can pass blame.

I go back and forth agreeing then disagreeing with you. Overdorf takes his marching orders from Whaley. Overdorf's job is making deals fit under the cap.

I think you are wrong on two counts. First, Rex does not throw anyone under the bus. For example, he had every opportunity to do so with Mario last year but did not.

Second, whatever you may think of Rob, he was not in charge of concussion protocol or keeping track of availability of defensive backs. I suspect that the information did not flow up from either the NFL concussion protocol medical staff, the Bills medical staff, or one of the defensive backs coaches.

That was a classic example of what Rex Ryan thinks is accountability. Saying "I'm accountable" and then immediately shifting the blame by saying "but I know what happened."

That isn't accountability. It is the opposite of it. The number of occassions over the past 2 years he has made similar statements is too many to count on one hand. He says he is accountable in one breath but then is sure to shift the blame in the next.

I go back and forth agreeing then disagreeing with you. Overdorf takes his marching orders from Whaley. Overdorf's job is making deals fit under the cap.

Thats not what have been reported many times

Whaley sets max Value if player. Overdorf negotiates the contract and cap structure and goes to Doug with those he Oks it.

The structure and Clauses are Overdorfs and approved by ownership

And to be honest this Toxic Clause that pete is so up arms about is in just about any contract.

NFL contracts have Full Guarantees and Guarantees for INJ only (also called fake guarantees).

But cant say that doesnt fit the anti Whaley narrative Pete is pushing

I think you are wrong on two counts. First, Rex does not throw anyone under the bus. For example, he had every opportunity to do so with Mario last year but did not.

Second, whatever you may think of Rob, he was not in charge of concussion protocol or keeping track of availability of defensive backs. I suspect that the information did not flow up from either the NFL concussion protocol medical staff, the Bills medical staff, or one of the defensive backs coaches.

HA ha ha ha Rex doesnt throw anyone under the bus

Paging Greg Roman.

That was a classic example of what Rex Ryan thinks is accountability. Saying "I'm accountable" and then immediately shifting the blame by saying "but I know what happened."

That isn't accountability. It is the opposite of it. The number of occassions over the past 2 years he has made similar statements is too many to count on one hand. He says he is accountable in one breath but then is sure to shift the blame in the next.

The whole "accountability" issue in sports is almost complete nonsense. It's all about who knows how to play the media. And who cares and who doesn't about the media and their reputation. Even coaches and players who say "this is on me" or especially "I take full responsibility" never take full responsibility, their actions don't change, they suffer nothing from it, they don't think they were totally responsible, etc. It's just nonsense. It's like a lot of people saying they're sorry about making mistakes. They're not truly sorry, their actions don't change, they really don't think it was all their fault, etc. Not everyone of course, decent people are sorry. Most of this is nonsense.

Rex says he takes responsibility because it stops, sometimes, reporters from asking more questions about his players. And his players love him for it. But he doesn't mean it.

It was about money, it was controversial with the fans and media and it was somewhat unexpected they did it when they did it. And he was a beloved player there for over a decade. Yep. Just like the Rex situation. Jesus Christ.

If you think ARod was beloved for over a decade in NY you clearly know nothing about the situation. He came into 2015 absolutely hated but fans warmed up to him because he was playing at a near MVP level. At the end they just felt sorry for him.

Bottom line........Yanks didn't hide from the day when it came. Bills did. Nothing new. I'm not usually the one saying THIS.......but the Bills are amateur hour. They really are. It just is what it is.

I am an attorney as is Overdorf. Overdorf is in the front office and the GM is in charge of the front office. When I negotiate contracts for a client, the client and I discuss the significant provisions including those that effect the business. In this case, Doug Whaley is one of Overdorf's clients given that he is the GM. If the GM is not aware of and approves provisions of the contract that effect the team on the field and the cap, we have a much larger problem. Those issues affect the GM directly.

If you listened to his PC, Rex took responsibility. Clearly, the head coach is not the guy who would be the first line guy that would have known that Gilmore was in concussion protocol. If you think he was then we just disagree. As I said, the NFL medical guy, the Bills medical guy, or one of the DB coaches would have (or should have) made sure the information flowed up to the DC and the HC so that they would know.

COYG

He fired him and did not undermine him behind his back by leaking things to the media or pretend that he was not all in with Greg when he was hired.

He doesnt report to Whaley but even if he does.

We are calling a clause that is in EVERY big NFL contract crippling just to Rip Whaley that really is sad dude.

Fired him after hanging over 30 on Jets because wanted to get the hear of his premiere defense and family coaching staff.

Definition of scapegoated

Edited by MAJBobby

He doesnt report to Whaley but even if he does.

We are calling a clause that is in EVERY big NFL contract crippling just to Rip Whaley that really is sad dude.

Fired him after hanging over 30 on Jets because wanted to get the hear of his premiere defense and family coaching staff.

Definition of scapegoated

I think we were one of the worst teams in the league last year in three and outs and that did not change in the first few games. That and volume were the reasons given.

Here Pete

For the agent who wanted to put a big fake number out as a promotional tool, the game got harder. Enter the use of guaranteed money that wasnt really guaranteed, at least in the sense that the term of art had developed within the NFL language.

A major part of it is this guaranteed for injury thing that has developed in recent years. If you havent got your health, then you havent got anything, except maybe a paycheck in the event you sign one of these deals and are really, really injured.

But reporting that player X is guaranteed to get a certain amount (when its guaranteed for injury only) would be like me reporting that I am guaranteed to make $5 million this year, when those guarantees are only conditioned on bad things like being the beneficiary of a life insurance policy kicking in. I mean, I guess you could come up with some twisted logic to say that I am also technically correct, but it certainly wouldnt be a very truthful statement based on our common understanding of how the term has been used.

https://www.google.com/amp/thebiglead.com/2015/05/19/guaranteed-money-in-nfl-reporting-doesnt-mean-what-it-used-to-mean/amp/?client=safari

All have it. So not crippling like you want to make out. And absolutely made the right choice protecting against INJ Sunday

Dont let that stop your flames though.

I think we were one of the worst teams in the league last year in three and outs and that did not change in the first few games. That and volume were the reasons given.

And we still were as of Saturday did Rex fire Lynn. Nope Lynn was part of the Family. Roman was not.

Keep trying though

Another

However, what is often called guaranteed is often not as wonderful as it sounds. Often, the guaranteed money is guaranteed for injury only, meaning that if the player is hurt, he cannot be released, but can be released for any other reason.

http://russellstreetreport.com/salarycap/nfl-salary-cap-faqs/

So still crippling and whaley is an idiot? On this clause anyway?