12-28: Media Day - Anthony Lynn's Presser as HC

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is a bad look. If Doug Whaley wants total control as GM he should stop being a coward - especially after undermining the HC with ownership and leaks to the media.

Doug, you got what you wanted, your absence this week only confirms my suspicions about you and deep disappointment. Again, this is all a bad look to anyone who might be in demand when they consider how the GM undermined the HC.

I do genuinely think it should have been Pegula - he fired Rex. However, he is the owner and if he doesn't want to speak then he has the power to delegate and so Whaley should be up.

But the way the Eagles did it last year is the right way for me. The owner who made the decision was up there on the podium explaining not just the decision to fire Kelly but how they got it wrong 3 years before in the first place.

Anthony Lynn: "Every hour is a new hour for me" (7:49)
Bills interim head coach Anthony Lynn joined the John Murphy Show to talk about his new position for the season finale. He talked about the last 24 hours and the decision to have QB EJ Manuel start on Sunday.

@john_wawrow

From AP story today on #Bills: Lynn short on answers in taking over dysfunctional Bills | Pro32: Head to Head http://pro32.ap.org/article/lynn-short-answers-taking-over-dysfunctional-bills

C0zeAI5XcAAC8AI.jpg

Anthony Lynn: "Every hour is a new hour for me" (7:49)

@john_wawrow

From AP story today on #Bills: Lynn short on answers in taking over dysfunctional Bills | Pro32: Head to Head http://pro32.ap.org/article/lynn-short-answers-taking-over-dysfunctional-bills

C0zeAI5XcAAC8AI.jpg

I think the main issue with Whaley not speaking to the press is the fact that Rex was here, who loves to talk and the press loves to listen to and write about, on both a local and national level, and he is a tornado. Whaley on the other hand, like Pegula, is soft spoken and doesn't really like talking to the press and only does so when he has to.

I think the main issue with Whaley not speaking to the press is the fact that Rex was here, who loves to talk and the press loves to listen to and write about, on both a local and national level, and he is a tornado. Whaley on the other hand, like Pegula, is soft spoken and doesn't really like talking to the press and only does so when he has to.

And today was a day when either Pegula or Whaley had to. You can't duck it.

I can't see too many NFL GMs making themselves available to the media on any sort of regular basis. OTOH, it's part of the regular duties and responsibilities of an NFL HC.

And today was a day when either Pegula or Whaley had to. You can't duck it.

Apparently they thought the Pegula statement was sufficient until Monday.

Apparently they thought the Pegula statement was sufficient until Monday.

Terrible decision and Berchtold and Jenkins should not have let that happen. I have had to tell Government Minsters that they need to go out and face the music for mistakes and they never want to.... but you have to convince them to. The alternative is a vacuum into which rumour and suspiscion goes.

Now THAT is some serious spin, Dog! Man oh man.

Harry S Truman: the buck stops here. Hiding out in the weight room to avoid the Mattew Fairburns of the world is gutless. The league owes EVERYTHING to the media. It is why it is rich. Gutless avoidance of the media sources that feed them billions of dollars is simply pathetic.

Edited by dave mcbride

i think every fan base complains that the GM doesn't do enough media and then when they do, they complain that they don't say anything. That's why they don't do media! Front office executives literally can't say anything. Russ could have provided a brief statement today in between Pegs written statement from yesterday and Lynn's weekly PC. Edited by YoloinOhio

See my edit above. I have no respect for gms that avoid the press. Brian Cashman faces the music A LOT. Seriously. No effing excuses for this gutlessness.

I just saw it but it doesn't change his situation this year. It would be like going to Comic Con and Whaley is in the booth next to George Lucas. No one cares what he has to say. It's all Rex all day everyday around Rex. I think that's undeniable. Not to mention that Whaley rarely says anything of worth in a press conference. Once in awhile you can read into something. And he doesn't usually lie. But he never gets into specifics and always says "internal debate, external unity." Something I've often complained about.

i think every fan base complains that the GM doesn't do enough media and then when they do, they complain that they don't say anything. That's why they don't do media! Front office executives literally can't say anything. Russ could have provided a brief statement today in between Pegs written statement from yesterday and Lynn's weekly PC.

That is so untrue. Watch a Cashman press conference.

I just saw it but it doesn't change his situation this year. It would be like going to Comic Con and Whaley is in the booth next to George Lucas. No one cares what he has to say. It's all Rex all day everyday around Rex. I think that's undeniable. Not to mention that Whaley rarely says anything of worth in a press conference. Once in awhile you can read into something. And he doesn't usually lie. But he never gets into specifics and always says "internal debate, external unity." Something I've often complained about.

You obviously don't watch many Cashman press conferences. He says legit stuff.

Use a football reference.

How about I go with a big money US sport in which the GM faces a lot more pressure while overseeing a team 50 times as popular and as storied as the Bills? Don't dodge.

Also, no opinion on Whaley essentially biting the hand (the media) that feeds the multi-billion dollar operation that is the NFL by avoiding his responsibility to engage with it except under Pravda-like conditions?

Edited by dave mcbride