12-28: Media Day - Anthony Lynn's Presser as HC

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly how did Lynn bumble his presser?

People saying Whaley should have spoken: did the LA Owner/GM or Jax Owner/GM rush to the mic when they let their HCs go before the end of the year?

Both organizations held pressers after firings of their HC before the interim faced the media music.

People saying Whaley should have spoken: did the LA Owner/GM or Jax Owner/GM rush to the mic when they let their HCs go before the end of the year?

I believe both GMs for the Rams and Jags spoke with the media after the firing of each team's respective HCs.

I'm sure WGR has the audio for the pressed on their site if you hadn't heard it.

With all that they invested to get Goff, you can forget about Tyrod with the Rams.

It would seem to be obvious right? After an organization trades up to #1 to get the QB of their choice and all...

Some of the stuff I read around here nowadays...I swear I can feel my IQ going down... :lol:

I honestly don't care what others in Philly think about him. I care about the production, which is real.

We disagree on both counts.

I also take into account the depth of injuries that we have had, that one of our QBs on defense has not played since the first Dolphin game, and that we have been forced to play street free agents at safety. I also think (unlike some of the great defensive minds on this board) that tackling (or failure to tackle) has nothing to do with scheme.

Again, I have nothing against Schwartz. I just do not think that he is a god like figure or someone Doug Whaley can point to while giggling like a school girl and say gee, I told you so Terry and Kim - while hoping that they do not blame him for the TT injury clause or giving up too much for Sammy or spending a first round pick on EJ. The same with Hue Jackson (whom I also like).

According to Joe B, yes.

Edited by Peter

According to Joe B...Yes they did...

@JoeBuscaglia

For reference, the other two in-season firings... Rams & Jags, both had front office people talk day of. Demoff for LA, Caldwell for JAX.

Thanks. The advantage of timing lends itself better to some situations vs. others.

And Demoff is the Rams Executive VP and COO, the Russ Brandon equivalent. Les Snead is the GM. Do Bills fans here complaining really want to see Russ out there fielding questions today? Edited by Kelly the Dog

And Demoff is the Rams Executive VP and COO, the Russ Brandon equivalent. Les Snead is the GM. Do Bills fans here complaining really want to see Russ out there fielding questions today?

You just know the usual suspect would have killed Russ for meddling in football affairs. :lol:

And Demoff is the Rams Executive VP and COO, the Russ Brandon equivalent. Les Snead is the GM. Do Bills fans here complaining really want to see Russ out there fielding questions today?

Did Demoff get roasted for saying Fisher would be back next year only to fire him a couple weeks later? Can you imagine the field day the Buffalo News would have with Brandon over something like that? Certain media members have CLEARLY drawn a line in the sand and they bring that agitation to EVERY press conference. Any semblance of non-bias is discarded. Who in their right minds would lend support to that kind of agenda?

And when did our fanbase develop the absurd idea that we are privy to every little inside detail of the organization? And on a schedule that suits us? It really is ridiculous and speaks to a naivete that TBN clearly caters to.

I thought Lynn handled the dumb "gotcha" questions pretty well. He seems like he enjoys talking to the media about as much as I enjoy watching them try to generate click-bait quotes.

That said, in my opinion the organization has bumbled this firing. I dislike the complete lack of transparency from the FO and the cloak and dagger way they avoid getting up in front of the press and explaining why they fired the HC, which I think they did have an obligation to do, both to the fans, the outgoing coach and the incoming interim coach. Combine that with the leaks and spin we have been seeing coming out of OBD the past few weeks and you have to believe the reports about a "toxic" environment in the building. I do find it interesting that similar reports of a "toxic" environment came up when Marrone walked out on the team. When you have the same time of issue upon 2 different HCs leaving it's hard not to conclude that the FO is the common factor here and maybe not the coaches, as the spin would have you believe. This is obviously all conjecture, but it doesn't take a lot to read the tea leaves and see we have a GM fighting for more control, possibly to the detriment of the team. It's also pretty clear they told Whaley he gets one shot to turn things around or else he is gone with the next HC, why else would they publicize that he will be in charge of the HC search?