12-28: Media Day - Anthony Lynn's Presser as HC

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You really think Sully and Bucky and a few of the others would have let Lynn off the hook? Not a chance. Nor should they.

The questions would have already been answered and he would have had a throw away line. I didn't say they shouldn't ask him or anyone else questions. They should blast them every chance they get in my opinion.

When you fire your coach and decide to bench your starting QB who is coming off the best game off his career you should put the fires out before trotting out an interim coach (who I believe is the hire) and letting him get grilled.

Not sure why everybody can't read between the lines. The team doesn't fire Rex on the Monday after the game. He holds his regular Monday press conference and states Tyrod is the starter. The next day Rex is fired and its announced EJ is starting.

Seems pretty obvious, doesn't it?

Rex would be here one more week if he would have agreed to start EJ. He got fired now because he was going to go with TT despite it not being in the team's best long term interests due to the injury clause.

Why do people need to hear Lynn say he was or wasn't part of the decison? We know he wasn't. We know why the decison was made.

I will say that I'm generally a supporter of Whaley as GM but is f'n weak as hell that he never spoke to the press about Rex's firing and then threw Lynn up there to take the hard questions.

A guy who started the year as RB coach is left to take those questions? Really disappointed in ownership and management for handling it this way. If I'm a potential coaching candidate I look at that with raised eyebrows. That's the leadership this team has?

Agreed...Whaley should have been the 1st person to speak...Period...Seems pretty bush-league to me...Like throwing Lynn to the lions...How could they not know that would look bad? B-)

The questions would have already been answered and he would have had a throw away line. I didn't say they shouldn't ask him or anyone else questions. They should blast them every chance they get in my opinion.

When you fire your coach and decide to bench your starting QB who is coming off the best game off his career you should put the fires out before trotting out an interim coach (who I believe is the hire) and letting him get grilled.

But there is nothing for them to say that is satisfactory, the decision is obvious, and even if they did say it it wouldn't have stopped Sully from pressing him in the exact same manner.

The HC has to do a Wednesday press conference according to league rules.

Well sure...But Whaley could have helped him out by taking the tough questions then turning it over...I imagine there is no rule against that right? Honestly I'm asking...I don't know... B-)

Anyone catch Rappaport before the presser on NFLN saying that for the TT injury clause to kick in he would still need to be injured at the start of next season? Interesting...

It kicks in if he cannot pass the physical at end of season and said injust makes him miss games. So yes sitting him was the absolute right business decision.

Agreed...Whaley should have been the 1st person to speak...Period...Seems pretty bush-league to me...Like throwing Lynn to the lions...How could they not know that would look bad? B-)

Seriously though, what is it that Whaley could possibly say, especially since he was not the guy who fired Rex? This was the regular mandated Wednesday HC press conference.

he is scheduled to talk on Monday to address HC search that he is leading. Rex didn't report to him and therefore he didn't fire him, Pegula did. So he shouldn't address the firing... he should address the next step. Pegula put out a statement yesterday on Rex firing.

No we dont let that stuff like fact get in the way of our pitchforks. Rabble rabble

Well sure...But Whaley could have helped him out by taking the tough questions then turning it over...I imagine there is no rule against that right? Honestly I'm asking...I don't know... B-)

I like Whaley but he's no better than anyone else at press conferences. He never says anything. He always says "Disagree in private, consensus in public." He's not going to answer questions, he's not going to criticize Rex, he's not going to say who was in the meeting, he's not going to change the questions the press are going to ask Lynn no matter what.

Would the Rams job be better than the Bills job? I guess it depends on how you feel about Jared Goff.

Well...It's more glamorous for sure...Just being LA...

You have a #1 overall QB, and REAL good RB who will light it up if they ever get a passing game going...They still have a lot of talent on that Defense...I like that Rams roster...They need a top WR...But otherwise it's all on how good Goff will be...A lot of the remaining pieces necessary are there... B-)

I'm ok with this presser. The guy just needed to get up there and try to shake the nerves. He did the best he could in a new situation. This game vs. the Jets is barely an audition. Lynn didn't even get to pick his QB, which i assume would have been Tyrod. The result of the Jets game won't harm his chances if they lose. Unless he puts ten men on offense and defense he probably will be the head coach going forward.

It's interesting to hear the different takes on the press conference. I wonder if some were just listening to it and didn't see it. While he did seem a little nervous, he also came across as a no nonsense coach who has a great coaches "glare"...LOL I think the days of the Bills head coach covering for players' mistakes are over. Lynn would bring back accountability as a motivator for players to do their job.

Lynn did about as well as anyone could considering the circumstances. To me, he seems like the natural (and best) choice for this Bills team that IMO doesn't need an overhaul and is ready to win now.

If I understand things correctly, this is a regularly scheduled press conference required by the league. Thus wasn't a special presser. It would be unusual for Whaley or any front office personnel to participate. Edited by dulles

Well...It's more glamorous for sure...Just being LA...

You have a #1 overall QB, and REAL good RB who will light it up if they ever get a passing game going...They still have a lot of talent on that Defense...I like that Rams roster...They need a top WR...But otherwise it's all on how good Goff will be...A lot of the remaining pieces necessary are there... B-)

Yep. If you like Goff, LA may not be a bad gig. Although you will have your first two years in a crappy stadium with crappy fans, and if you don't succeed quick they could give you just the two and then start all over in a new stadium with another new coach and a full house of crappy fans.