12-28: Media Day - Anthony Lynn's Presser as HC

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lynn on EJ - "it was our decision"

Lynn on EJ five minutes later - "I wasn't in the room when the decision was made"

OOOOF

This is one of those cases that nothing good can come of the press conference. Lynn was saying "our" decision to deflect it and not let the press say it was the owners or Whaley's or his decision. It was a team decision. So no one takes the blame. There is little to no chance they allowed Lynn to make that decision. But he was protecting his bosses. Then Sully tried to pin it on him. It's a question the press needs to ask to get it official, and then Lynn said he wasn't part of it. I didn't see this as a mistake at all. I see it as Lynn being influenced by his military type style and background. He's not going to blame or criticize his superior officers no matter what.

I like what I hear from Anthony. Of course it means nothing when it comes to game time, but he certainly comes across as a guy who has his **** together. Considering as fan I don't know anything about how these guys will do as head coaches, but I won't be upset if he is given the job. Definitely the opposite of how I felt when Rex was hired.

Kim Jones on NFLN said if you are an NFL owner in process of evaluating him, watching the presser you would "come away impressed"

Owners would, a lot of fans and the press would not. He's not going to answer most questions in the detail the press wants. He's never going to blame anyone. He's never going to be completely honest. It's going to be a frustrating few years for the press if he's the guy. You can easily see the military affect.

No, the reporters were asking tough questions and he was unprepared and bungled his answers. And the FO are jerks for putting him in this position.

So by trying to embarres Lynn first time at the podium as a HC they are indirectly trying to call out the FO

Got it

What exactly is Lynn supposed to say "mgt told me I was coaching the game....but they dont want to risk TT to that injury clause in his contract so they said no TT"

Is he SUPPOSED to say that?

Edited by John from Hemet

Lynn on EJ - "it was our decision"

Lynn on EJ five minutes later - "I wasn't in the room when the decision was made"

OOOOF

Actually it was a different question...

It was Lynn on sitting TT "I wasn't in the room"

Lynn on starting EJ "it was our decision "

Slight difference, meaning it wasn't his decision to sit TT but they collectively decided to start EJ, instead of Cardale.

At least that's what I took away.

Edited by Wayne Cubed

I thought he did fine. Wasnt throwing anyone under the bus. Didnt take the bait on the 4th and 3 call. Talked about accountability. Not playing Tyrod is the right decision and I dont care if Whaley made it alone, its the right move with injury and the money at risk.